ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New dinos,

carcharodontosaurus: Slightly smaller than giga, tough hide and able to carry alot, when tamed only carnivore with ability to equip a platform saddle.

ceratosaurus: around carno/allo size, dull teeth and sharp horn that causes bleed affect.

Gorgonopsid: larger than dire wolf, ability to pick up small dinos without injuring them like flyers.

Tanystropheus: amphibious platform saddle. Nuff said

A couple of questions, in order of which I'd prefer answered.

Will we ever see Onyc shoulder mounted?

Will there ever be SE clustered with extinction servers?

To answer your question, you guys have done such an amazing job covering most variations of extinct species it's difficult to even think of something that would have a  unique place in ark, the one thing I would've suggested was announced today in the form of Daeodon.  Ark needed something that's actually a pig  I would however really like to see things like wild carnivorous plants though, both on land, and in the sea.

18 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can .

Also guys, I've got a question for you. If you could add any creature to ARK: Survival Evolved, what would it be? when posting your question, feel free to answer mine :)! Anyone being a spoil-sport and ruining the fun by turning this thread into a X is better than Y creature discussion will have their posting rights removed!

Thanks,

Jat

Could we get an option to increase building limit on rafts, please?

As for the creatures, I've got a few, such as Anomalocaris(Which could be used to farm trilobites for a greater amount of pearls/oil), Scutosaurus(This guy could be used as a large source of organic polymer and can harvest roots and chutes when tamed), A Center map specific boss, Gastonia(Can cause bleeding and is tanky). Now for creatures that are interesting but I can't find a niche for right now.(oh I forgot Maiasaura for egg and baby care)

Majungasaurus

Pteradactyl

Siats

Koolosuchus

Moa

Pygmy Mammoths

Ambelocetus

Brachiosaurus

Andrewsarchus

Acrocanthosaurus

Edmontosaurus

Shanto

Now, lets get those Gorgonops and crab dossiers! And I think the next 4 creatures you release should be Leedsicthys, Iguanodon, Basilosaurus and Pachyrhinosarus.

Thanks, Shrek  

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, and I don't know where else to put this, but my tribe's bases still have problems with allos spawning inside of them.  The frequency has gone down some since the update first introducing allos, but they still somehow manage to weasel their way into a fully enclosed base where nothing else spawns.  In the past two weeks we've lost a quetzal that was in a large metal dino pen, along with several fridges, mortar and pestles, etc.  Is there something that we can do to further protect our bases than with just some dinos on neutral and turrets in the base?

And also my favorite dino (parasaurolophus) is already in the game.  But I look forward to all of the amphibious type dinos coming out soon.

Even more dinos

Aarpagornis: eagle that soars high in the sky and dive bombs other creature, higher he starts, more dmg done.

Archelon: sea trutle that's basically underwater diplo

Leptocyon: small canine that can mount your shoulder.

Smilodon: cheetah like saber with increased speed, not ridable.

Andrewsarchus: like wolf but gains dmg boost when atacking herbis.

Since the Tek teir will allow under water bases using a ventilator.

Can we please move water into a structures so we can build aquariums on land.  Also can we get a way to transport water creatures from the ocean to a lake.

Any chance of that being added?

I would love to build a huge a aquarium to show off my sea creatures.

Answer to Dev:

Giant octupus, Godzilla like creature, Whale, more fish, and robotic creatures.

I am new to the community forum as a poster but been a fan of the game for too long but finally had the courage to join the forum (so please be kind ;-) ) been a follower on twitter for a while now but finally got the courage to post in the digest lol

Anyway my questions are:

1) will you ever split the invert options between flying and on land. I have to invert when I get on bird to be able to fly but then when I land I can't walk around and have to switch back.

2) will the chat ever be upgraded... I mean so it stays live as a host and player this is frustrating as obviously I don't watch the server screen but would be amazing to be able to scroll back in some way especially on the host screen with one of the analogue sticks for example press and hold LB and use analogue stick to scroll up much like scrolling through xbox messages  so any complaints etc can be reviewed. Also as a player so frustrating if u ask someone a question and then lag out and come back on and u don't know if they replied so u have to ask again. It would also be nice if the server could select whether the profanity filter was on or off..  frustrating if you are using your controller not a vat bad to type something up and spell it wrong and then the whole message gets refused haha.

3) when u die or drop a loot bag do u think we could ever select a colour like when we set up our character or select our specimen and select colour. It can be so frustrating searching for a bag when u have died when you don't know where your body is or ur body gets killed/eaten for example a tail swoosh can flick u ages away and brown colour really isn't easy to find :-(

4) is there ever likely to be away that we can change character names for example all the bobs and janes lol much like u can change a tribe name so many people join thinking I'll just check the settings don't set up their character how they would like then get addicted and have regrets. I like the mind wipe but I wish there was away to change the character name and appearance too.

Thankyou for the opportunity to ask questions sorry there is so many.

In answer to your question if I could add any animal would be horses. I have 3 of my own and as most girls dream animals that would be it. Not that I know if they would have been around that many years ago lol

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived