ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Island & Center thoughts

Any thoughts about adding dynamic weather( Storms) to The Island and updating the Center.  Would be cool to have thunder & lightning and heavier rain affect or changing the time of how long it lasts, it would add some interesting effects it rained for an entire game day!

Also any thoughts about sneaking in there, lunar eclipse or even solar eclipse!

Are you thinking on adding some workout machines that would improve some of your stats depending on the type of machine? For example a treadmill to increase speed and or stamina, You could make so that the effects lasted 1 or 2 hours, or until you die but you will only be able to have one upgrade in stats at the same time. Also depending of how well you do on the mini game you get a better boost.

Suggestions

Ark Stone

Extremely rare. Found from normal rocks. Allows survivors to augment their armor, weapons and tools with additional stats such as stamina, health, damage. To balance it out, over time the Ark Stones power will diminish.

Adrenaline

When Injured(30 health(I call it broken bone status)) All damage is increased by 50% but increases torpor gained also by 50% when out of stamina.

Dual Wielding Weapons

Additional Character Customization

Adds things like left or right handed, prefered food(Like preferring berries over meat means you'll gain more food from berries. Eating a non preferred food will slightly make you feel sick, reducing stats by a small amount for a small amount of time. Eating preferred food makes you happy, giving you a small increase in stats for a small amount of time.

Quivers

Reduces arrow carry weight

Dinos

Any and all kinds of bugs!

1 hour ago, Neizan said:

Put a dino in wandering is the main reason for losing creatures.
Can you add settings for players or servers about time and distance of wandering creatures?

For example:
  For servers:
-- Maximum time of wanderings
-- Always return to origin point (loop), if possible.
-- Maximum distance of wanderings
  For players:
-- Set maximum distance of wanderings: very high / high / medium / low / very low.
(From the starting point of wandering, the point of origin)
-- Set maximum time of wandering, with box after select it, HH: MM (hours:minutes).

Or even just having them wander away for some time/distance and then wander back home before night time.

We're wondering if there will be an option to increase or better manage the number of tamed dino's per tribe? Or some kind of management options for it (On xbox our tribe of 12 has hit the limit quite quickly).

As for new dinosaur. This ridiculous thing (because...well lookitit): Deinocheirus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinocheirus

One of the most exciting things about the procedurally generated maps will be having the place you live completely undocumented. Painting crude war maps as you explore, and discovering locations nobody else has could be amazing. Do you guys plan on hosting a few official servers that include Scorched Earth content, perhaps? I hope everyone begins at level 1 like the cluster servers for a true brand new exploring experience!

Will the scuba flippers increase swimming speed by 2.5x the player's base swimming speed, or the swimming speed after the oxygen/movement speed stats have been counted for? On that note, how much does the swimming speed increase with each point put into oxygen? I'm trying to calculate what the best way to become faster than any water dino.

I'd like to see 'stackable' items, if possible. For example, if I have 4 a/c units on the floor and I need 8, I'd be much happier putting a second row of 4 on top of the first row than having to place another 4 on the floor, if that makes sense? It would also be cool to be able to stack preserving bins and maybe the small storage boxes.

As for creatures, it was also suggested in February, but I'd like to see:

On 2/5/2016 at 7:56 PM, FR33BORNGAMING said:

Here's what i think would be great to have on the Xbox One Version!

4. Rajasaurus -  Rajasaurus is a genus of carnivorous theropod dinosaurs that lived in Late Cretaceous. It was up to 30 feet long and 8 feet high, and it weighed 3 to 4 tons. The skull equipped with very powerful jaws was short, and bore a distinctive low rounded horn. Remains of the bones were excavated from the Narmada River valley in Rahioli, India.

Hello, I have a question for the next digest. Will the Brontosaurus be getting any TLC? if so, what kind? I suggest giving it an alternative attack sort of like the morellatops, where the bronto will rear up on its hind legs and smack back down.

also I woild LOVE to see a Brachiosaurus added to the game, maybe since its the "Arm lizard" it could have higher weight than the other sauropods. or it could be the only sauropod in scorched earth because its huge size means it can store water well, like the peraceratherium.

13 hours ago, Jat said:

Also guys, I've got a question for you. If you could add any creature to ARK: Survival Evolved, what would it be? 

Cryolophosaurus or Titanotylopus (- u o)b

• Dinos having their directional attacks changed to using left/right mouse button would be pretty convenient. For example the bronto; a right click would use it's right sided attack, left click would use the left sided attack. 
  • In the last Q&A you mentioned wolves would be getting pack functionality like the Allo. Will other dinos get this as well, and will we ever see a herd and flock systems for herbivores and flying animals.
  • Can something be done about dino collision while riding? Your rex can run right through each other, but if the tip of their nose even touches your mount you're stuck.
  • Dino leashes? Can tether an animal to a certain location, preventing them from wandering too far or being carried off by another person.
  • Can gateways have snap points on top of them like door frames? Currently if you want to build a tall building utilizing gates, you have to "build down"  to put a wall over the top of a gate.
  • For the upcoming breeding mutations, what sort of things can we expect?
  • Will light shafts being triggered from all light sources, such as supply drops & torches, be fixed? 
  • Can bloom be toned down on objects that aren't a light source, such as metal & wet sand?

I have question about server features for non-official server:

1. Link to any text file with current verstion number(not a steam version) and small list of fixes or features. It need for server reboot reason

2. What about DifficultyOffset > 1.0( For max dino levels 120+ on not center maps)

3. What about config options for stacks (size and weight)

When will the 2 bugged cave loot crates be fixed on Scorched Earth?  Pleaseeee fix them

1) Canyon cave, as you cross the 2nd bridge on the left, there is a nice golden artwork, in the middle of this spawns a yellow beacon. There is an invisible wall preventing you from collecting it. On server PvE EU SE 693 the beacon has been there since almost a week  If this is up, no other crates spawn

2) Desert Cave, in the main big room with the cave crate, the first jump you make, a red loot crate spawns at the very bottom under the first jump, it can not be reached at all, there is a kill zone all around it. If this is up, no other crates spawn

How will you address the problem of cannibalism? (People purposely suiciding to get infinite meat)

Can we expect to see types of wet objects affected by Weather? (Wet Windows, Wet mud for the chalicotherium to roll in!)

Can we expect to see new structures made by animals, such as a Hive Wall (Apis) Chitin Wall, Blood Wall (Leech Blood).

Jat's question: Platyceramus, a clam that eats divers and gives a good source of pearls.

It would be really helpful if you guys added a description for each server, including unofficial, that displayed which mods or increased rates are on that specific server and the description could allow the server owners to write stuff about their server so players don't have to join and ask around just to find it's not the right server for them.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived