ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you shed some light on the mutation system in phase 3 breeding,

does it include penalties for inbreeding,

Are the mutations purely stat based or is there the possibility of offspring having colours that are not present in the parents?

Will the mutations be solely negative, or is there a possibility of getting a huge single (or multiple ) stat increase for the offspring

Will there be a chance of the mutated stat to carry over to tge offspring?

1 hour ago, vapeur156 said:

I would love to see a  "ignore all whistles" being possible manually (E) for all creatures. It would prevent so many times where the wrong dinos follow you or get whistled to attack or to switch from passive.... We all, I think, experienced that. By default this function will of course be Off.

Set up your tribe ranking properly and it wont be an issue,

Set all egg layers and base dinos to rank 10 

Set everything else rank 9 

De admin people

Set them to rank 9,  give rank 9 all rights to promote and kick players

Thats the solution

Will primitive ever get a diving bell

Full servers would benefit too, the ability to place a raft and lower the diving bell for long underwater tames, saves the scuba tanks,  adds protection from dinos as you can hide in it, great for diving down to canes or loot drops

Costs 1000 metal due to being a huge metal bell and a metal chain

Will we ever see more items that can be used in the offhand slot? I always thought a lil' backpack would be awesome, maybe for carrying ammo at half the weight or something, maybe it could increase the timer on your items when you die? Maybe purely aesthetic things like capes or wings, or we can just carry a pike or bow around on our back.

Will it ever be possible to build structures on top of the massive underwater formations? Unless I'm missing something obvious, it's currently impossible to place anything on top of them so that makes building an offshore base / rig / etc that much more difficult. On that same note, there are plenty above ground formations which can't be built on as well.

Less of a question, more of a comment. A couple people (myself included) have found ourselves stuck in a tribe where the tribe lead isn't coming back and if we leave we lose all of our stuff (Tribe settings being set on tribe owned everything). AFAIK the server admin can make themselves tribe lead but are unable to make others tribe lead, a simple promote command for tribe members would be super useful for situations like this. 

2 hours ago, Uskaanax said:

When will the smithies and other crafting stations be addressed such that mastercraft blueprints can be used instead of held as a flammable trophy?

A: I'd more water creatures, maybe like Nothosaurus, or Dakosaurus. The latter could be found far from shore and stalking the epipelagic that's not currently patrolled by anything more challenging than sharks.

U need to imprint a Beaver or Thorny Dragon! NOT A SMITHY

Hello,

Here are all my questions at once (Sorry for text wall)

1)      Could you assign dino ID numbers to make summoning them through a new command easier? Call it SpawnDinoNum <Dino Number> <SpawnDistance> <SpawnYOffset> <ZOffset> <DinoLevel>  It would make creating dino's a lot easier.

2)      Could you make it so a SP map keeps it's own server settings? So for ex. you could lower EggHatchSpeed on Scorched earth but the Island map EggHatchedSpeed would remain the same and not have to be changed each time you switch maps. This will defiantly help for when you add in procedurally generated arks and people decide to have different settings on each map.

3)      Could you add a menu button in dino's inventory to show their original tamed stats? (The one's used for breeding) This way we can level up breeding dino's and still have an idea what kind of offspring they will produce, or it will let you compare your old dino to a new one you just found.

4)      I haven't heard anything about split-screen in a while and it's one of my favorite parts of Ark on Xbox One. Do you still plan to extend the tether distance or was that scrapped?

5)      Will there ever be a way to set server max tame levels? Either limiting how high they may train to, or limiting what level dino's may be trained. (Ex. only train level 80 and below) It would be great for PvE by keeping tamed dinos weaker and making wild dinos more of a challenge.

6)      In the future will you make it so I am able to type in ark without an active internet connection? It’s disappointing that I am unable to name my dinos whenever I play single player offline, name a character when created and it also affects the search feature in the inventory which can make finding a certain item tedious.

7) Could you double the thickness of the foundations? It would alleviate some of the uneven ground surprises that happen when trying to build a base. (Sl1pg8r mentioned it in one of his videos and it seemed like a good idea)

Thank you.

I was wondering if all the dossiers of dinos you released are still coming? Like the giant squid! 

Furthermore are you guys planning on adding a Great Plains/grassy open area to ark? There used to be one on the island but it got replaced by the red woods, would love to see an open area with just a few trees and that's not overly cluttered with bushes ect 

Finally I was wondering what happened to war paint on the Xbox one? I remember it having issues but you guys said you were working on it... is it able to be on the Xbox one or will we never see it? 

Would it be possible for us to get maybe kayaks or canoes as more mobile versions of rafts? We do hve water mounts and all, but it would be nice to have that as an option as well.

As for your question

Also guys, I've got a question for you. If you could add any creature to ARK: Survival Evolved, what would it be? 

As someone who loves dinos too much. And animals in general. I'm going to list my three for air, ground, and water

Water: Cameroceras is freaking coool and I'd love to see a guy like that in ark. Maybe he could work like a lance torpedo mount thing.
Ground: I'm torn between Corythosaurus/another hardosaur in general, Saltasaurus, and Deinocheirus (or as some people I've seen call it: demon devil duck.) They're all neat creatures and I just really love dinos- plus it'd be neat to see more herbivores and unique looking dinos around. Plus the Deincheius has a pretty recognizable silhouette.
Air: Yi qi. I will keep saying this little guy over and over because he's so cute and like a mini dragon. <3 Plus it'd be neat to have some more tiny critters. Maybe he could be a buffing dino like Lystro or Daeodon

And if anyone wants to see it I actually have a list of things I want in game as well as idea on how they could maybe work. Boop

EDIT: Ooh, for those who want a giant crab. There could always be a giant Japanese Spider Crab. Or a Coconut Crab. Or a horrifying mashup of both. Watch your feeet~ :3c

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived