ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Will you add to official servers constantly changing random locations on beacon drops? (and for added fun, their colors determined by the immediate threat in the local area of each drop at the time?)

For an Ark Creature....  I'd definitely choose a Giant Crab capable of carrying a platform which can go on land and in the sea!  ;)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a little sad to notice that the dino dossiers are no longer obtained by taming (or defeating) a creature, although I admit this makes sense storywise. Would you consider implementing some other way of keeping track of what creatures we have tamed (and, more importantly, what we haven't!)? For me it was a great incentive to "collect 'em all", one additional simple goal in an open game. Travelling around exploring ruins is a different goal (for me, personally, not as appealing), but maybe both things could coexist? Maybe just keep the "library-page" showing the blue-glowing creature-logos, with the question marks for undiscovered species (yup, that would be motivation enough for a simple creature like me). As to the commonly acknowledged problem of full-page dossiers popping up mid-battle, this could now be avoided by using a much less intrusive achievement-sign, such as said creature-logo popping up for a short time in the notice area down left on the screen after a succesful tame.

What creature would I add to ark... A couple of months ago I might have replied "Lymantria", as I currently write my phd on those moths, but obviously I don't need to anymore (thanks!), so I'll go with Protoceratops.

Hello Jat.
One of my Japanese viewers @ youtube.com/kingakira
had this to ask

Question:
It is very easy to accidentally create a tribe, and leave, and lock up everything you own in a ghost tribe. Is it possible to have it so that when the final person leaves the tribe, all items auto follows them? Or prevents this somehow? Thank you.

"この仕様は誰もが簡単に陥ってしまう上に、その代償が大きすぎると思います。数回のクリックで全ての恐竜、建物を失ってしまうのですから。 できればAkiraさんから運営さんに直接、この仕様を改善してもらうように直訴していただけないかと思っております。(英語では日本人からはうまく伝えられないと思いまして) ?"

I know this question is a controversial one and hell you might of answered it already somewhere. I know that regular PvP servers are not getting transfers since because of the cross ark clusters but what about PvE. I'd really like to see full transfers available at some point and as compared to PvP theres only so much players can do to each other on PvE. Especially with future expansions being a possibility it'd be nice to have a home server and then go to the other maps for the thing's you need there compared to having to have a giant base on both just to be able to get certain things.

Will milking mammals and such ever be a thing, you know, to make cheese and butter for recipes? It would be a nice little thing to do. You could then also add more cooking options with eggs, so our reptilian friends don't feel excluded.

One creature I'd love to see is Gastonia. It could be a tanky, bleed inducing herbivore that gives the Utahraptors a hard time, if you get my reference. I also couldn't help but suggest Helicoprion and Ceratosaurus.

17 hours ago, Mendoza said:

Could we get the occasional shooting star in the night sky, and on rare occasions small meteorite impacts that do damage in a small radius? These meteorite landings could contain metal, crystal and perhaps some kind of rare resource!

would you still be excited for these if one were to crash into your base while you were offline?

General suggestion: not sure if it's been addressed already but what if there were a radio frequency that played music like some crazy tribal stuff from who knows where or if it played a dialogue of previous survivors expeditions and such filling in holes in the back story??  Or just some goofy dj's talking about the island or se or the center? 

As for a creature idea what about a giant chameleon that changes colour at the press of a button or combined with a ghillie suit it and rider are virtually invisble, and your field of view drastically increases because they've got those cool eyes and I'm sure their tongue could have some special use... Maybe like the whip it could yank tools from the hands of enemies  

17 hours ago, SpartanPrime said:

Since the ability to tame Titanoboa was cut from the Halloween event will we be seeing it in a upcoming update this November?

And to answer your question I would add Macrauchenia as a early game platform saddle mount.

I agree with you, I really looking forward to this event to tame a titanoboa but it got cut apparently. I would hope an update will deliver it someday.

How about adding a "set home" option for tamed dinos. Which would allow you to set a specific location (such as your base) as the dinos home. This way, if a Dino gets lost, flies/runs away. It will return to the selected location after so many days... assuming it hasn't been murdered. This would be especially useful for players like myself, who like to forget that my pteronadon is set to aggressive and when I dismount, it leaves me behind as it flies off after other dinos.

On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 3:18 PM, TranqRex said:

How about some more helpful options such as:

1) A whistle command to 'follow all of this type' - would be very useful when trying to move 10+ creatures of the same species instead of having to do each individually.

2) Similarly, a 'transfer all of this type' would be cool for when you're moving stuff between inventories but don't want all of everything - e.g when coming back from a meat run on a giga and you have loads of prime, or you want all of the hide/keratin/chitin but not the 4000 stacks of meat it has on it.

3) I know this must have been asked, but any chance of being able to move certain things without having to break them? I mean things like cupboards, preserving bins, fridges etc - even training dummies. The things you put down when you are starting out and as your base grows you have to move about.

Totally agree with 1 and 3 and number 2 u already can do as I do it all day every day lol (simply use the search box in inventory or animals inventory and then transfer all button u can do this with anything in the inventory from ur dinos to u from ur storage crates and machines etc to u and from u to dinos to storage crates etc... a massively useful tool that I love.

Oooo I'd really really love to be able to dig.... maybe dig to find water or oil or dig to create lower levels in your base or digging for buried trilobites or other species etc you can even have a dinosaur be able to dig quicker so it doesn't use your own stamina....

Where the beaver stacks wood in 10 instead of 60 weight can the dodec do the same with stone? And the ankle do the same with metal? Same perhaps with trikes with berries so u didn't have to take the bronto out if u wanted to massively gather berries etc.

I wish there was also a way to choose which animals used feeding troughs so for example when ur baby rex gets to juvenile that u could put a feeding trough next to it full of meat and set it to only allowing the rex to eat from it... I wish there was some way to also make the feeding troughs preserve for example using spark powder and oil in them so that on official servers u only have to worry about hatching the egg and getting it to juvenile as it took me and my partner who are on our own in a tribe 4 days and we barely had more than about 5 power naps sat on the sofa controller still in hand... because we had to do constant meat runs and constantly feed the baby obviously leaving the baby would effect imprinting (so at owners risk of disadvantage there) but where we claimed it as a baby from another tribe to raise it we couldn't imprint it anyway (is there anyway that can be changed to allow imprinting from the person that claims it as a baby or any tribe members would be handy too). Oh and after we spent 4 days after 2 hours of reaching adult we lost it to a level 50 alpha and cried!!!

I have some questions about the upcoming Primal Survival:

-Will it be compatible with the Procedurally Generated Maps feature?

-Will you be able to choose any creature from the start? Or will you have to "unlock" the stronger creatures such as the Giganotosaurus by completing some tasks?

-If you die, will you respawn if you want or will you be forced to start as a new creature?

-It was said that it would be released by the end of the year, but as many other things have been delayed, what's the ETA for this? I'm really excited!! :D

I'm also wondering if the Procedurally Generated Maps will include any time soon an option to add the Scorched Earth biomes (even the Wyvern biome) along with its creatures for those who have bought the DLC.

And the creature I would love to see being added to the game is the Thylacine or another one from the family of the Spinosaurus such as the Irritator or the Oxalaia.

15 hours ago, Ark247uk said:

Totally agree with 1 and 3 and number 2 u already can do as I do it all day every day lol (simply use the search box in inventory or animals inventory and then transfer all button u can do this with anything in the inventory from ur dinos to u from ur storage crates and machines etc to u and from u to dinos to storage crates etc... a massively useful tool that I love.

Yeah, but being able to do it in smaller steps would be great e.g. I have no idea if this is possible, but an example of the mechanic could be - put selector on stack of hide, long press to select all, then hit 'transfer all'.

14 hours ago, Ark247uk said:

Oooo I'd really really love to be able to dig....

Would be good but I don't think it'd be possible now without a complete re-write?

2 hours ago, TranqRex said:

<digging> Would be good but I don't think it'd be possible now without a complete re-write?

Game engine isn't geared for anything aside from premade caverns, so that's not likely to happen ever.

EDIT: Frickin' quote mechanics forced a double post. Someone kindly merge this, thank you.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived