ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some dinos can farm resources when they are Wandering, this is their main utility, but if we put the dinos in Wandeing, we lose the dinos... Can we have some solution to this?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we have a range of maximum distance Wandering? (players-client-side or server-side?)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we tie our dinos to a place with a collar and ropes of different sizes?

Can we set a time of Wandering? (players-client-side or server-side?)

Can dinos have a time of Wandering depending on their hunger ? Dinos should return to home to eat like real animals =)

We lose dinos unfairly is when someone hits a flying dino and the dino start randomly to fly after the fight, a solution to that would be appreciated. Many fliers that were lost in many places. Can we have some solution to this?

@ArkGods When will the Primal Survival official total conversion mod be added into the game (on Xbox One)? And will it see the same exclusivity as Primitive+ (in terms of a game reload) or will it be implemented directly into the current server list as new servers?

My apologies if this has already been answered, but I've been looking forward to it for quite some time now and there has been no more news about it since the announcement trailer.

I love the Halloween skins and dinos but can't bring myself to play on a map that isn't The Center. I also love Primitive+. Is there a possibility that the devs will at least allow Player Dedicated admin to spawn these items into their servers during the event next year? The Center, Primitive+, and these event items are my favorite additions to Ark so far. :P

On 10/27/2016 at 7:12 AM, Shrekasaurus said:

Will milking mammals and such ever be a thing, you know, to make cheese and butter for recipes? It would be a nice little thing to do. You could then also add more cooking options with eggs, so our reptilian friends don't feel excluded.

One creature I'd love to see is Gastonia. It could be a tanky, bleed inducing herbivore that gives the Utahraptors a hard time, if you get my reference. I also couldn't help but suggest Helicoprion and Ceratosaurus.

I've always wanted goats and cows in the game too, especially for primitive+. :P

My list of questions:

With the Lycanthropy and Vampirism being a halloween disease, Will we eventually see more Holiday themed diseases? 

The Arthropleura was given a turret mode AI attack, will we see more types of Dinos that have this AI?

The Giant Bee (Apis) has a queen that is supposedly tameable, Will the Titanomyrma have a Queen, that is tameable?

The Sarcosuchus was given a solid tail that has it's own hitbox,  I assume you were testing this mechanic out, is this a feature you want every or most dinos to have?

When we see more weather types, Will our jerboa friend be able to predict even more weather?

If there is an Ocean Expansion Pack, Will I be able to ride a Giant seahorse?

When will we see the Carbonemys retract into it's shell?

Will we be able to make our own cosmetics with materials? Outside of holiday themed events?

Since the Death worm was given the ability to "Dig" will we see more upcoming dinos that can "Dig" or go under the world like the upcoming purlovia?

Could we see a "C" Ability for the pelagornis to pull fish from the water and grab them?

Could we be given the ability to fish with a fishing rod on pelagornis?

Will the Cnidaria have different types? Looks, Colors, Shapes?

Will the Purlovia also have a lock feature to grab prey and keep them there?

Can we see Dino-Specific regions? Such as a "Camping place" for quetzals such as a huge nest with quetzals?

Will we see the thanksgiving event again?... It's not listed in the patch notes.

How will you address the Holiday event bugs?

Do you ever plan on having babies different looking and more unique then their adult counterparts instead of being a smaller version of that Dino (Question by SampleMagpie)

Primal Survival Questions:

AI-Player Interactions -

1. Will the AI creatures see the player as one of their own, and come to the player's aid if attack? (Like Trikes for example?)
2. Assuming there are expanded vocalizations, will the AI respond to the player's vocals, regardless of species?
3. Will there be a less complex mating mechanic for players and AI of the same species? Will this require the player to recruit the selected mate into their "tribe"?
4. How will the player recruit AI into their tribe, and will their be an alpha male/female hiarchy like with modern species?
5. Will players be able to kick other creatures out of their "tribe"?
6. Will the enviorment and creatures' color schemes (of their fur or scales) add a ghillie suit/camoflauge effect?

Vocalizations, and AI behavior:

1. Will there be more vocalizations available to the player, and will they replace the "Whistle Wheel"?
2. Will there be body language as well, which could replace the Emotes?
3. Will the AI respond to player vocalizations, or the vocalizations of other AI?
4. Would predators respond to prey vocalizations and body language, and have some way of calculating if they should attack or back off?
5. Would other pack animals, like Compies and Raptors, get the Alpha status like Allosaurus?
6. Will the AI, both "tame" and wild, have some sort of detection system that will trigger upon seeing a predator, and put the rest of the tribe on alert?

Mating/Nesting:

1. Will each species have their own nesting styles?
2. Will there be larger clutches of eggs?
3. Will players see baby, juvy, and adelecent creatures in the wild?
4. Will the eggs and babies be easier to take care of as a creature?
5. Will nests and eggs become more common in the game?
6. Will the parents of the nest focus on protecting the nest and babies, or will they simply lay the eggs and resume their usual scripted wandering?
7. WIll sexual dimorphism be more apparent in the future?
8. Will females be more selective about their mates, using the stats of the suitors to determine which one is better to mate with?
9. Will competition between AI males, and AI-Player males become a feature?
10.Will the chance of having multiple babies in one egg be removed?
11.Will the player's apearance from their choices on the pregame customization screen affect their chances off attracting mates, if sexual dimorphism is implied?

Feeding, Drinking, and Rest:

1. Will players retain the usual method of eating be keeping meat/berries in their inventory, or will they only get fed when they harvest food directly?
2. Will there be some water holder for players, or will they be require to go to a water source to drink?
3. Will wild AI now have to eat and drink?
4. Will players and AI have a Resting stance or mode where they can lay down? Maybe sleep as well?

Human-Player Creature interaction:
1. How will tribes be handled in regards to human players recruiting creature players?
2. Will humans still be able to tame player creatures, and force them into the tribe?
3. Would human players be able to steal herd/pack/tribe members of creature players?
4. Would player creatures still need saddles to allow humans to ride on them?
5. Can creature players disable human players' ability to ride on them?

Hey Ark developers, I have two questions for you,

1. Would you consider making the RB button on the Xbox controller switch from first to third person while riding a mount on the Xbox? That button currently doesn't do anything while mount riding.

2. Would you consider addding some sort of modded system for Xbox where mod creators can alter their mods to fit the Xbox version, such as Ark Comes Alive? If so, that would greatly increase your sales as many Xbox players LOVE games that have mods as many console games do not.

Once again keep up the great work and the AMAZING updates. The new creatures look great!

Are we getting new caves on Scorched Earth? Or at least more things to do? Players are feeling a bit tired of that map already, there's not much to do :(.

I was thinking, maybe we could have something like "Tribe Wars" between servers or the same server! Imagine going with your tribe to the Obelisk and have like a matchmaking and play against other tribe, in another server (private servers with a special map with objectives), like you are defending some sort of ancient building and the tribe that is attacking needs have limited time to go pass the tribe that is defending and destroy the ancient thing! (Would be awesome but it's only an idea for the future xP).

Can we have it where fall damage is separated from the player damage slider. I had my player damage set to 3 and literally even the smallest distance would kill me. I had to lower my player damage down to .5 to alleviate the frustration. This also makes some mechanics impossible if you want to increase the slider. Such as the Gigantopithicus throw.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived