ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Got a few for you all <3

1.) Will carnivores ever get a "hunger" sort of system to them, instead of them being a bottomless pit and eating everything in sight?

2.) Might there be consideration for a Raising/imprinting system that doesn't take sleepless nights? (Such as the energy bar grows over a long period of time (shorter with maturation rates increased) and you can use the stamina bar to improve a stat of sorts (Such as this old thread's section on raising, but allowing a better bonus to the main breeder).

3.) When will Male Megaloceros receive their bleeding effect as stated in their dossier?

4.) Will Turtles be able to receive a Platform saddle? :Jerblove:

5.) Is there a chance that eventually, tamed and wild dinos will take fall damage regardless of being ridden or not?

6.) What would be the status of Primal Survival right now?

Thank you for what you all do for this game, keep up the good work! (and get some sleep too haha).

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this probably gets asked a lot, but are we at the end of the creatures being released on the Island as in dossiers for brand new creatures that we don't have dossiers of already? If so are we going to be getting more creatures on Scorched Earth or another expansion with new creatures? If not do you have a guess at how many more we can expect to see? I have seen some great ideas in the Creature Suggestion thread that would be a shame if they got missed, but I would understand if we are hitting a limit of creatures you want to have on the Island.

32 minutes ago, Hydragon2016 said:

Do you think you can introduce pin codes to Xplants to help so you don't have to turn all of them off by hand if you have a visitor (not allianced) coming to meet you at your base? 

P.S. I'd like to see the Dracorex and Rajasaurus introduced to the game! 

Here's an idea......1 mother xplant grown from seed which you can take cuttings from to grow more xplants........if you turn the mother off it turns them all off. 

• Volunteer Moderator
44 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

So this probably gets asked a lot, but are we at the end of the creatures being released on the Island? If so are we going to be getting more creatures on Scorched Earth or another expansion with new creatures? If not do you have a guess at how many more we can expect to see? I have seen some great ideas in the Creature Suggestion thread that would be a shame if they got missed, but I would understand if we are hitting a limit of creatures you want to have on the Island.

There's still more creatures being released on the Island. Patch v251 contains 4 news ones, and there will be more after that as there are other released dossiers of dinos that haven't been released yet.

Just now, GamerPerfection said:

There's still more creatures being released on the Island. Patch v251 contains 4 news ones, and there will be more after that as there are other released dossiers of dinos that haven't been released yet.

Nonono lol misunderstanding. I guess I should edit it. I meant as in dossiers being revealed and such. My bad

Two things one I understand you guys want to make scorched-earth meticulous big pain in the butt and she's a relentless really cranky woman. So talking about that you should also think about Sand spiders since we have spiders in the game there's spiders out there that you could have them buried underneath the sand and when someone gets close then lunge Out and grab them. Second I would like to know if you guys are going to be patching or fixing the loot crates or the loot drops so they have proper items because it feels like a lot of people are having the same one-sided items consistently and with items they can't even use. I miss a decent assault rifle on SE  official server 

I was wondering if we could have something to store our dinos in probably digital format. they will require expensive things to maintain probably, and maybe a build limit? a person/tribe cannot build more than 3 of these, and if the device is destroyed the dinos are gone too

can we also get randomly spawned abandoned rafts? or debris along the beach. rather than just broken down trees I think some lost crates or planks at the shores will look nice. they should be non-interacting

are you going to do anything regarding floating/underground trees? what about floating non-interacting flowers and grass?

this is a little farfetched but...what about a trading card game? you find cards for a deck from killing wild dino. and you play these cards at a table. cards will have random stats and they all can be stored in a deckholder (item). triggering the mini game opens a new interface where you put down 5 of your cards in different slots and you compare them with your opponent's cards. whoever has the most points wins that slot, and the player with the most slot wins wins the entire game :D and of course you can trade these cards the usual way

what about a machine to trade items with? simply put up an item in the machine, then state what you want in return. players can bring what you asked for and deposit them in this machine. this machine will then dispense whatever they are trading for and keep the deposited items for you. we can have different interfaces when you interact with it from different direction as well, so the front of this machine will always be "for trades" and the back of this machine will always be "to trade"

I think it would be neat to create a market kiosk.  It would be a device that you create probably in the Tek Tier that you attach to a pillar or wall similar to the remote keypad.  This device will allow you to upload an item or dino that you own and sell it in a global market with the server.  So for example, you build this device and attach it.  Then you go to your dino and the option "sell" would be in the radial menu.  Selecting "sell" would put the dino on a list of things that you are willing to sell.   Then you go to the kiosk and select "sell item/dino" and all the items/dinos that you have selected "sell" would be on that list.  Now select that dino and give it a value.  You'll have 2 fields here.  One with a number which you just type and the other field would be a material drop down menu which you select the material you want for payment.  For example Field 1 (200) and Field 2 (ingots).  Once you've entered your payment requirements, you can complete the sale and it uploads to the market.  At this point it will be viewable to all players on the server who have built a market kiosk.  This can help facilitate sales of items while even being logged off the server creating a global commerce that doesn't require you to be on all the time.  Once your item/dino is put on sale, you no longer have access to it.  It is immediately uploaded to the market and taken out of your inventory.  In case of a dino, it is no longer part of your dino count.  No point having a dino for sale that can accidentally be killed while you're away.  You can always edit your price if need be and you can receive bids from potential buyers in case your price seems too high.  If item isn't sold within 15 days, item will be immediately returned to the sellers inventory.  The market kiosk device can look like a little monitor that when activated it will go into a new interface.  While you are using the market kiosk, others can see  you standing in front of it and the kiosk screen will be lit indicating that you are using it.  What are your thoughts?  

1 hour ago, HiImZech said:

I was wondering if we could have something to store our dinos in probably digital format. they will require expensive things to maintain probably, and maybe a build limit? a person/tribe cannot build more than 3 of these, and if the device is destroyed the dinos are gone too

can we also get randomly spawned abandoned rafts? or debris along the beach. rather than just broken down trees I think some lost crates or planks at the shores will look nice. they should be non-interacting

are you going to do anything regarding floating/underground trees? what about floating non-interacting flowers and grass?

this is a little farfetched but...what about a trading card game? you find cards for a deck from killing wild dino. and you play these cards at a table. cards will have random stats and they all can be stored in a deckholder (item). triggering the mini game opens a new interface where you put down 5 of your cards in different slots and you compare them with your opponent's cards. whoever has the most points wins that slot, and the player with the most slot wins wins the entire game :D and of course you can trade these cards the usual way

what about a machine to trade items with? simply put up an item in the machine, then state what you want in return. players can bring what you asked for and deposit them in this machine. this machine will then dispense whatever they are trading for and keep the deposited items for you. we can have different interfaces when you interact with it from different direction as well, so the front of this machine will always be "for trades" and the back of this machine will always be "to trade"

I just realized that I posted something with a similar idea to your machine for trade. :) Great minds think alike.

when do u guys think center will be fixed so u dont crash anymore on it i remeber from the very beginning it wasn't crashing when it was released and i think ever since the titanosaur update it started crashing bad hope to see it playable soon. oh almost forgot recently the update for weilding weapons on dinosaurus i kinda find it hard to use the weapon while running with the dinosaur cause the direction i wanna go it goes a differnt way so im wondering if there will be a easyer way to work thanks. : o

Hi,

I was wondering if the building mechanics in the game are going to get an overhaul before release?

At the moment they are good but compared to games like rust I think they lack slightly in how free they are.

Also will there ever be a way to adjust walls etc? Like if you accidentally place them the wrong way round you could use a hammer or something to turn them round?

5 minutes ago, Acreed84 said:

Q. Has there been any thought into adding security cameras with an interactive app so you are able to keep an eye on things while offline? And will they ever get plant X on Scorched Earth?

A.  Giant squid, Hydra, Cerberus. 

giant squid making its way to the island.  Saw it in a dev kit.

2 hours ago, taytmw said:

whats is the TLC Pass and tek tier? PC stuff? and was there a fix yet for the game crashing every time I try to spawn in a manticore?

Tlc pass is a mass re-balance update that adds new features and abilities to make existing creatures more useful. The tek tier is the final item category for the end game. Basically a bunch of sci fi items like laser rifles jet packs underwater vacuum sealed bases and teleporters, that kind of thing. No idea about that manticore glitch.

On 11/1/2016 at 6:16 AM, Avios said:

Got a few for you all <3

1.) Will carnivores ever get a "hunger" sort of system to them, instead of them being a bottomless pit and eating everything in sight?

2.) Might there be consideration for a Raising/imprinting system that doesn't take sleepless nights? (Such as the energy bar grows over a long period of time (shorter with maturation rates increased) and you can use the stamina bar to improve a stat of sorts (Such as this old thread's section on raising, but allowing a better bonus to the main breeder).

3.) When will Male Megaloceros receive their bleeding effect as stated in their dossier?

4.) Will Turtles be able to receive a Platform saddle? :Jerblove:

5.) Is there a chance that eventually, tamed and wild dinos will take fall damage regardless of being ridden or not?

6.) What would be the status of Primal Survival right now?

Thank you for what you all do for this game, keep up the good work! (and get some sleep too haha).

Devs, all of these please. These are worthy.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived