ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/10/2016 at 5:56 AM, Jat said:

Also guys, I've got a question for you. If you could add any creature to ARK: Survival Evolved, what would it be?

A domesticated creature that cause bleeding! I'd love to see a creature tamed in battle PvP causing bleeding, of course we would need bandages for humans and dinosaurs!

I think the most appropriate dinosaur is Therizinosaurus. Its large nails should cause bleeding their enemies! Prepare your bandages!

Can you make the thatch flammable in a near update?
I'd love to see that realism! Make a small thatched house near your enemies and burned holding a torch to show that going over there, yes, it is a threat of war! : D
Can the torch burn things in a near update?
From my first day in ARK something I never understood, I have a straw house, I have a torch, but not burn? I use my torch against creatures with fur, and not burn? It's something that I never liked, but then you advance in ARK and ignore it.

18 hours ago, Neizan said:

Can you make the thatch flammable in a near update?
I'd love to see that realism! Make a small thatched house near your enemies and burned holding a torch to show that going over there, yes, it is a threat of war! : D
Can the torch burn things in a near update?
From my first day in ARK something I never understood, I have a straw house, I have a torch, but not burn? I use my torch against creatures with fur, and not burn? It's something that I never liked, but then you advance in ARK and ignore it.

I agree afterall we use thatch for campfires etc so it's already classed as flammable although on pvp I do think it'd be harsh on the newbies that have thatch to be left with 1000 charcoal :-/ 

On Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 8:40 AM, Wardem said:

Yes!!! A Behemoth sized Pillar would be awesome to allow tree platforms to be used in places where giant trees aren't, like Scorched Earth for example.

Also please please make Behemoth sized Ceiling hatchframe doors that you can open/close with a remote and are big enough to let in quetz and Wyverns!

I thought there were flying hangers for this now?

How about some more helpful options such as:

1) A whistle command to 'follow all of this type' - would be very useful when trying to move 10+ creatures of the same species instead of having to do each individually.

2) Similarly, a 'transfer all of this type' would be cool for when you're moving stuff between inventories but don't want all of everything - e.g when coming back from a meat run on a giga and you have loads of prime, or you want all of the hide/keratin/chitin but not the 4000 stacks of meat it has on it.

3) I know this must have been asked, but any chance of being able to move certain things without having to break them? I mean things like cupboards, preserving bins, fridges etc - even training dummies. The things you put down when you are starting out and as your base grows you have to move about.

On 10/19/2016 at 0:40 PM, Metzler said:

This question is extremely important to myself and other friends of mine on the Xbox One: will our servers be wiped when the game full releases or will only less active servers be wiped? What are some of the criteria by which a server will be classified as inactive or a "dead server." Please be as specific as possible when answering. I have spent 6 months on my official pvp server, reached level 100, and put thousands of hours of work into your game. I have personally crafted over 200,000 bullets to fill our many auto turrets to protect my base which I care very dearly for. It would be a shame if I made all those bullets to just be wiped by my ark developers.

This has been answered many, many times if you do a quick search you'll have your answer. If you can't be bothered to search, then tl;dr they aren't wiping anything.

On 10/3/2016 at 10:56 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can .

Also guys, I've got a question for you. If you could add any creature to ARK: Survival Evolved, what would it be? when posting your question, feel free to answer mine :)! Anyone being a spoil-sport and ruining the fun by turning this thread into a X is better than Y creature discussion will have their posting rights removed!

Thanks,

Jat

When is the A portion of this Q&A going to be posted?

Can you create a Super Special Supply Drop that appears very rarely and is visible from all over the island?

I'd love to see how all the tribes fighting over it. For example it may contain blueprints of high quality (with limited time / wear). And the player carrying the blueprint above display lit, so there would be more action.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived