ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Are we ever going to get to breed our Wyverns or would that make too overpowered creatures? I'd love to be able to breed some Wyverns, even just in single player mode (which I play most). I think that would be great for taking on the bosses (and other Wyverns and Rock Elementals). I understand that might not be great if alpha tribes do that and annihilate other tribes, but perhaps it could be something that could maybe be an option to enable or disable this feature.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This question is extremely important to myself and other friends of mine on the Xbox One: will our servers be wiped when the game full releases or will only less active servers be wiped? What are some of the criteria by which a server will be classified as inactive or a "dead server." Please be as specific as possible when answering. I have spent 6 months on my official pvp server, reached level 100, and put thousands of hours of work into your game. I have personally crafted over 200,000 bullets to fill our many auto turrets to protect my base which I care very dearly for. It would be a shame if I made all those bullets to just be wiped by my ark developers.

Ok with FE2 just around the corner will they be anyway of prolonging it for single player as having lycans an vamps to contend with along with the dino's will be a great way of making sure that when you go hunting that your ready for anything regardless of if your on the beach or in a cave.

Also the addittion of merman an sirens would be great aswell after all you got underwater caves so why not have a mob use them.

To me it feels like there are a lot of new ways to raid a base, but no new ways to defend it. While you can throw up metal spike walls, turrets, metal  gates and species. However with the dino level increase and new dinos like the rock golem and wyverns. It does not take that long to waste all the bullets in turrets and then rocket a base open. I know quite a few people who love ark, but cannot spend a lot of time on it consistently. anyways my question is, do you have any plans for defensive items that you could share with us? Items that would be similar to auto turrets that help defend a base even when a player is not online. Thanks for taking the time to read my question. 

Is the Argy and other flyers blocking the view or arrows when shooting while being held by them intentional or is it a bug?  Seems like a bug but perhaps this is a flyer nerf.

My daughter kept hitting me with arrows when I could clearly see that no part of my flyer was really blocking or in her view.  The Argy totally blocked her view when I stopped flying around for her to shoot.

Will there ever be triggers/dispatchers added for player respawns and login/logout?

Currently, you can only detect when a player spawns, and this only occurs when they "create" a character, not if they respawn. There is also no means of detecting when a player has logged in or, more specifically and accurately, been assigned the character they will use for play, and the only means of detecting someone leaving the game is by listening to when their controller is destroyed.

All of this can be resolved "adequately" by replacing the GameMode and implementing such detections directly, but this then prevents others from using the GameMode OR can prevent a mod from working when the GameMode gets replaced by a mod that either does use it, or doesn't but is following the bad habit set out from the beginning of specifying your own GameMode even when you don't need to.

-WM

Please could we have a monthly digest for SOTF? At the moment the community is largely in the dark with regards to future plans, so it would be nice to have an idea of what's to come. For the moment, will platform saddles be introduced? (I believe this was planned at some point). Also can we expect any new dinos in the future, and which ones? Are there any plans to update the existing island map to mirror the current version more closely?

Could you make the Eurypterid tameable with bug Repellent or maybe a Special underwater Invertebrate Repellent? And also give him the ability to properly swim around the water and crawl on Land, make him maybe also pick-up-able? That would be Handy to knock out ocean creatures, maybe make that the Repellent to tame him makes other creatures more interested in attacking you so it is more dangerous, because when it is easy no one would tame the "Electrophorus" later on.

Could you maybe make the Beelzebufo attack like a big frog in Real Life, like he will do a tongue attack for Bugs, but when he like wants to eat a Dodo or one of the smaller creatures that fit in his mouth he will just jump at it (like the Kapro) and drag it and slowly swallow it down, that would be pretty cool, you will may think that is something better for a modder to make... but just maybe you could add that in the TLC pass...would also be cool to see an Option to quadrupedal walk with the Gigantopithecus and like make that chest  Punch Thing that the Megapithecus does...but this is all more like a Game suggestion rather than a question...

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived