ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, spoop said:

Will we ever see the ability to harvest bones from dead creatures? The bones can be specific parts of the body like skulls and legs. Then the skeleton of the creature they came from can be assembled and then be used as a decoration. Would be really nice to have a goal for people that like to collect things.

ya i really want trex skeletons hanging in my house :)

Will we ever see where items from primitive/scorched earth and dinos from scorched earth make it into the main game if you own the expansions? Especially with the new procedural generated arks if you have scorched earth it would be nice to have both desert biomes and the regular ones. Or have it as an option where rock elementals and wyverns can spawn in the regular game if you own the expansion.

Can we have some of the items from primitive in the main game if you own it. I think the options to have some of that lower level things as well as the higher level ones would be nice especially to make a more even tech level jump instead of somehow jumping into the modern age after using an old school smelter and stone picks then picking up an assault rifle. Dont get me wrong, I want an assault rifle but maybe with more in between.

Are there plans to add anymore Wyvern types?

Would it be possible to change the mechanics of the Archae to act more like a shoulder pet until you need to use its glide ability? Like double tapping the jump button or pressing Y/Inventory while jumping?

Could someone change the swimming mechanic for the Sarcosuchus so it doesn't swim like a cruise missile in the water and doesn't shoot off  uncontrollably when it barely puts a claw in the water?

Will nesting, resting, hydration for creatures, and additional vocalizations be added in the future?

Is Primal Survival development going well? ;3

Will the Xbox Host ring radius be expanded or removed soon?

It was not intended I think the use of quetzal or paracer to drain bullets (platafform glitch ramps, spikes etc) right? Do you have any plan to adress this? Atm any amount of defense is useless because 1 quetzal no matter the level can drain any number of turrets in a few hours/minutes. I gave a suggestion to remove the colision of structures on plattaforms so bullets and xplants can shoot trought. 

Can we have a trading system? (specially to PvE servers)

In the "Press E" to player, like Invite to Tribe, add something like "Invite to Trade" with trademenu (something like "Steam trades", but in ARK).

or, better idea...:

Can we upload our Items / Dinos / Characters from (only) Official Servers to our Steam Inventory (to use the Steam marketplace and Steam trading)?

5 hours ago, JareeZy said:

Will Carnivores ever be something different than killbots? It would be nice to only have them hunt and kill when they are hungry, fed and content carnivores don't go on murdersprees.

Agree! They often get themselves killed in the process. Real world animals dont typically do this. They tend not to risk injury when the odds are stacked against them unless they have a very good reason to.

How about using a font that supports all characters? Currently, in order to read the Russian [][][][] or Chinese [][][][][] in game, you will have to launch the game in said language. This is especially annoying when there are several tribes on the same server with a [][][][] name, and you can't tell who are the friendly ones and who are the enemy. It's like having no name at all, when it comes to identifying players or tribes. My suggestion is to use a font that supports all characters, or for someone to take their tame and make one so we can at least see who is who.

When it comes to creatures, I got a new idea: rats or other house-infesting parasites. They will spawn in bigger bases, and might gnaw on storage boxes (optional) and carry some diseases(optional) or disease-spreading ticks.

40 minutes ago, Vargen Saphia said:

How about using a font that supports all characters? Currently, in order to read the Russian [][][][] or Chinese [][][][][] in game, you will have to launch the game in said language. This is especially annoying when there are several tribes on the same server with a [][][][] name, and you can't tell who are the friendly ones and who are the enemy. It's like having no name at all, when it comes to identifying players or tribes. My suggestion is to use a font that supports all characters, or for someone to take their tame and make one so we can at least see who is who.

And if we're not going to support all characters (I can see this would be hard to do depending on implementation) perhaps if there are unsupported Unicode (I'm guessing here not familiar with your code) characters could you give us some sort of identifier even if it's just a number or GUID or whatever the underlying unique identifier is there?

1. Do you plan on adding straight stairs that are just 1 wall high. Not everyone has the place for a spiral staircase and sometimes its not even needed.

2. Question by a friend who plays PvP. Since boxed quetzals are used to drain turrets so that its easier to raid them afterwards, how about adding auto rocket turrets. in combination with the homing missles they could get rid of the boxed quetzals fairly easy.

3. For now the only way to get a better fishing rod is to hunt yellow/red drops. I think the alpha mosas should also have a chance to drop a fishing rod. that would motivate more players to go underwater and hunt them. Maybe someone tried to fish a mosa and got eaten instead:D

4. an option to hide electric cables similar to hide the sail on the raft. this could be done by choosing this option in the dial menu on the generator. if more generators are attached to one grid, all of them need to be on the same option then.

On 17/10/2016 at 11:23 PM, Neizan said:

Can you make "Tree platforms" for Pillars? or bigger pillars that allows tree platforms?

Yes!!! A Behemoth sized Pillar would be awesome to allow tree platforms to be used in places where giant trees aren't, like Scorched Earth for example.

Also please please make Behemoth sized Ceiling hatchframe doors that you can open/close with a remote and are big enough to let in quetz and Wyverns!

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived