ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Can we ever expect to see a full kibble tree for all dinos on Scorched earth? and will we ever see an update to imprinting I find it incredibly frustrating you expect players to got almost 4 days every 3-4 hours to imprint a Wyvern or 2 weeks for a Giga we have real lives and jobs :) can we have a way tribe mates can help? rather than having ot share steam accounts. After all whats the point in having a tribe based game when they cannot help with one of the hardest aspects of the game.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will there ever be larger sized walls, so we don't have to spend so many resources on multiple small walls.

Some creatures I'd love to see included would be:

Saurophaganax: Would be about the same size as the Allosaurus, would be able to harvest larger amounts of prime meat. Would be more effective in packs.

Nothosaurus: A small sea reptile, slightly larger than the Ichthy. The nothosaur are commonly seen bathing on the shores or rocks around the islands oceans, when not bathing they can be found out at sea hunting for fish. While very fast in the water, they have a slow stamina recharge, but will gain stamina faster if left to bathe, but at the cost of drying out their skin making them easier to kill. They are also only able to gather fish meat.

Proterogyrinus: A large amphibian that lives among the swamps of the island. Unlike other amphibians, it could dwell away from water for extended periods of time it order to hunt. This creature likes to ambush it's prey, normally waiting in the shallows or among the dense undergrowth. The only drawback of Proterogyrinus is that it can not venture into the oceans salty water, without the risk of taking damage.

Anomalocaris: A large ocean dwelling invertebrate, this creature has a hard exoskeleton, that protects it from predators. This creature also has an amazing eyesight, as it is able to detect friend or foe, and detect features of the environment. Since it does not detect humans as a threat, it is able to be passively tamed. For some unusual reason, this creature likes to consume pearls, it is believed that this allows the animal to go extended periods without eating. A tamed Anomalocaris can be used to gather large amounts of pearls.

Diprotodon: The largest marsupial to ever exist. This animal is very territorial, and will protect its group quite viciously. However, once tamed it can an excellent mount, able to hold multiple people, and having a good insulation, allowing to endure even the harshest of cold climates.

Odobencetops: A close relative of the dolphin or narwhal. it likes to live in the shallows of the sea, hiding in the coral and arctic regions around the island oceans, to avoid any predators. Since this creature is quite curious, it will often come to inspect anything within its vicinity. This allows the creature to be passively tamed. Once tamed, this creature is agile, and can evade even the largest of dangers in the oceans. This creature also has a large blubbery body, which insulates it in the cold ocean waters, allowing for survival in the arctic waters.

Thanks for taking the time to read :)

Could we possibly see scuba gear moved down and made obtainable by an earlier level? 

Maybe  the spot it currently occupies can be filled with an improved diving suit. like the ones used for sponge diving minus the air hose. It would probably cause the wearer to sink when equipped but would allow 2x the oxygen and some decent protection against sea creatures. Main use would probably be for increased safety resource gathering trips.

Seems a little crazy to wait up to level 70 in order to explore the seas.

@Jat

I was wondering if y'all have thought about implementing an offline System Link/Lan Party option as an alternative to Split Screen. Split Screen is great and I know many people prefer it to Online Multi-player, but it definitely has its limitations. System Link/Lan Party is superior in many ways and I personally believe it would be a fantastic addition to an amazing game. Just something to think about.

To answer your question about which creature to add, I'm on Ps4, so I don't know what creatures are already in-game. But, from the videos I've seen, it looks like the sea could use a bit more life. I'd say something in that area would be a good place to start.

Asked in a previous Q&A but wondering is it possible at all to see a Giant Hornet as an addition as a attack/taming based flying mount,. I know alot of people have asked before for a flying mount that can inflict torpor damage and thought perhaps a Giant Hornet could be that in question and maybe even have a ranged spit based attack too which corrodes armor like the Athropluera or slows down targets with stamina/speed like a meganura or Dilo.

Can you please make storage organization work better? e.g. If you are in a specific folder and you transfer items into the box/vault, the items you are transferring with "move all items" or with "T" should transfer into the folder you got opened in the storage!

Please, it will help saving so much wasted time!!!

Will you please fix/improve your support system? (Opened tickets more than a month/replies after 2 weeks)

Will you please do something or at least show that you are about the abuse with players being able to block paid content? (Blocked Obelisks and drops at SE Clusters. Defying the whole cluster purpose).  For this one I can suggest that you make it so player cant build around obeliks and change the drop coding and make the blocked drops spawn at the nearest non blocked location.

Will you please change the open gate/door key when players ride dinos so that u dont fall from high trying to open the gates with you flyer?

How close are you to fixing the disappearing items when transferring between cluster servers bug?

Can you please open at least 10 cluster Asian servers?

13 minutes ago, DragonRaid said:

Will you please fix/improve your support system? (Opened tickets more than a month/replies after 2 weeks)

Will you please do something or at least show that you are about the abuse with players being able to block paid content? (Blocked Obelisks and drops at SE Clusters. Defying the whole cluster purpose).  For this one I can suggest that you make it so player cant build around obeliks and change the drop coding and make the blocked drops spawn at the nearest non blocked location.

Will you please change the open gate/door key when players ride dinos so that u dont fall from high trying to open the gates with you flyer?

How close are you to fixing the disappearing items when transferring between cluster servers bug?

Can you please open at least 10 cluster Asian servers?

SIGNED!   Allowing players to break the whole purpose of being on a cluster, with no response from Devs at all is entirely unacceptable.

I have never seen a game company that would ignore a massive section of the player base that has one goal to break the map.   They aren't interested in pvp or challenges, they shut down other's ability to transfer anything to the map.  Population average of 7 on scorched and Center if you need proof and those buggers are bot farming materials.   I realize this is "officially game testing" however not acting on feedback on where the game can be broken is not holding up your end Wildcard.   I know much more important things to do like making a dodo look like a wyvern, lol.  No amount of double taming and exp weekends will make up for players feeling that the developers are encouraging exploiters and ignoring the severely broken parts of the game.  But yay for dodo wyverns. :/

My questions:

-Have you considered making dinos/items on pve servers transferable between all official pve servers? The SE servers are now almost 2 months old so the 'active' tribes are well established now anyway.  For balance reasons (to demotivate people from switching servers looking for a high giga for example) the dino has to wait 10 days before it can be transfered. Or another suggestion: only neutered dinos can travel from the island/center.

-Are there any plan in the future for (temporarily) reworking the kbible tree on SE? Some kibble for the doedi, anky and tapejara would be a big timesaver for example.

As for new dinos: I don't really have a favorite that isn't in ARK yet. I do hope that the oceans will become more diversified and alive.

Hey am just curious and wanted too ask,  

some is saying the game is soon too release and so i wondered what you guys think of a fullgame content contains of? also what the plan farward about patching / maintance 

is this game ever gonna be comprimized on release or what, so many questions never answered xD

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived