ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Are you improving the AI of wild creatures ? In the moment they walk around with no interaction and predators just kill herbivores on sight with.

Can we get an other type of fertilizer - Guano ?

A creature which I want to add beside the Iberomesornis, is a mosquito ! Attracted by light in the night and infect you with some disease.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) any chance to see a smart management of energy production when a wind turbine and a generator are in the same network ? would be great to minimize gasoline consumption and for future implementation.

2) news about underwater sealed base ? coming with the tek tier ? are you working on it currently ? similar to subnautica design or something else ?

3) can you do a small preview of what's coming next ? if the bee dossier was revealed can we expect some change on maps ? the latest devkit show us wolfs den, nest ? can we see more "group" insect like termite or/and a titanomiya revamp to follow the bees implementation ?

4) how the teleporter will works ? will he coming with a new generator ? like in fallout, a generator produce a fixe amount of energy so if you consume more than it production you need to place another one to follow your need, will you do the same ?

5)the ocean expansion ? so, what's it ? it's free of course ? ^^

6)more info about the future mode "ascension" ?

7)we will have plasma or energy related weaponry, but make NUCLEAR launcher !!!! (or plasma launcher, i'm fine with it)

8)Where can we find element ?

9) when the tek tier's COMING ? ETA ? HYPE ! (but, .... underwater ?)

10) that's all, thanks in advance !

"Also guys, I've got a question for you. If you could add any creature to ARK: Survival Evolved, what would it be?"

So, because there will be Ammonites: how about adding a Helicoprion to grind them effective?

Personally I'd really like to see Carcharodontosaurus... One of my all time favorite extinct creatures.

And BTW: Here are some questions I asked in the last Digest Q&A:

• Will you remodel some creatures?

• Will you add teargas/mace for PVP?

• When can we expect a Spino-roar?

• Will you change the spawns on the south-eastern and north-eastern islands, so that there will be a larger variety of creatures (atm there are only ~7 different species on each)?

• Will you add something like the desert armor to The Island, because sometimes you can only survive the heat by being submerged in water (it happens to me mostly on Carnivore Island)?

• Will there be changes for the temper of some creatures? (Phiomias, Procoptodons, Pteranodons and Parasaurs should fight back!) Ehm... All start with P...

• Will there be other ways of powering structures, like solar panels for example?

• Could you add a leash for our creatures, that we don't have to enclose them to make sure, they're not running away because they chase something? Would be a good thing for Gigantopithecus, Oviraptor and Dungbeetle, too and even for the mating-process!

• Is it possible to make eggs don't disappear if there are already 6 around? I lost a lot of fertilized eggs because of that...  

• You told us, that you work on the Titanosaur-PVE-thing, that we will be able to keep him alive. It was a long time ago and nothing happend. Are you still on it?

• Could we get an (unofficial/single player) option which creatures are allowed to be brought to boss arenas?

• How about a bigger hatchframe to bring in a Quetz?

• Will you change spawns in the snow biome? It is really weird to see Sarcos and Rexes - I even saw a Snake there...

• Will you ever correct the names of some creatures? Currently misspelled are Arthropluera (correct is ArthroplEUra), Titanboa (correct is TitanOboa) and Pulminoscorpius (correct is PulmOnoscorpius)

• Could you please change the spawnpoints of Titanosaurus, especially the one on Herbivore Island/South Haven? A tribe on my server had issues for 2-3 times, when one spawned in their base. So I had to command kill it and disabled the Titanosaurus completely.

• I noticed that the greenhouse structures cause extreme lag, after I built my treehouse in the redwoods. Could you fix this somehow?

• Will there be some rounded structures? I'd really like to build a dome-shaped sports arena!

• Is there a way we could dismount Tapejara whilst it is hanging on a wall/cliff/tree?

Could we get a tribe member limit on extinction servers around 5-10 and no alliance allowed? An instinctive to play if your worried could be a cosmetic item if you were able to defeat the dragon, monkey, or spider by the time the meteor hits with proof. Or at least could we cat an official server with limits to amount of tribe members you can have?

The Dino I would like to see in ark is giant porky pine.

A good idea would be to add some Island Xbox official servers where only characters can be transferred to it and from it. you cant take anything else from scorch just ur character. could we ever see that in the future that would be amazing.

Or

could we see some more island xbox official servers its honestly the best map.

Do you have any more info about how the Trikes charge/gore feature will function? Can we expect bleeding damage?

Is the idea of a death roll attack for the Sarco being considered to help keep it relevant? Currently seems like it's outclassed in nearly all aspects except speedy sea travel.

To answer your question; I, also, would like to see a giant crab added to the Ark. Similarly sized to a Paracer with a platform saddle as an option. It would be very fun to have an Amphibious walking mount. Perhaps it could make use of Megalanias wall crawling mechanic in the sea and get an increased walk speed while submerged? I think you guys are up to the challenge

Or how about Saurophaganax if you're looking for another Theropod? Not sure what would be special about it, but I think you guys could really make it awesome looking. Especially with a pallete similar to the Tapejaras. Or a Dracorex for a new low level Herbie more oriented towards attacking.

To answer your question, I would say the Gorgonopsid but it seems like it was already confirmed via the Steam page. I hope we see it soon. I'd love to see the Tanystropheus as a shoreline beast. As a sucker of Jurassic Park when I was a kid, I would also love to see a Coelophysis and Ceratosaurus. The Coelphysis could be a redwoods pack hunter that could latch onto enemies and provide a slow. The Ceratosaur could be a mid level carnivore that would roam light forests and would be able to gore.

As for my question: Will we see more types of creature armor  or customization anytime soon? It would be great to see armor that would trade the ability to ride the beast for extra protections, like barding for dilos or raptors. Maybe allow players to upgrade existing saddles to give different benefits like extra armor or holding torches.

Is the upcoming classic dino TLC pass going to only affect the abilities of the creatures or might it change their appearance as well? Most of the old dinos don't look as good from detail than some of the newer ones (Allosaurus for example).

And I would love to see the Herrerasaurus in ARK, loved that creature for years and years.

Will things like the hinted at Griffin be Schoreched Earth exclusives? When should expect to see these?

Could we a get an option to breed wyverns for Xbox? Just a check box possibly?

Is the center going to be a part of the ARK story? Or is it going to remain an official mod?

I would LOVE to see Brachiosaurus added! I know it's another sauropod but it's a vertical one which could have a new use. Just such an iconic Dino and I don't want it to be left out.

For Xbox could you add a proper way to toggle from first person to third person from the radial menu for players and dinos?

also I would love it if you added a history of used commands on Xbox so we don't have to retype something 

could you add perches for our shoulder dinos?

colud the archa be on your shoulder when not in use?

Can you PLEASE turn down the volume on the animal footsteps, especially the REX or Carno.  Animal footsteps have always been over the top too loud, especially large animals like Rex, Carno, etc.  But after the 246 they make my ears bleed, and turning down SFX volume or other sliders to compensate pretty much mutes/muffles all the other sounds in the game.  At the very least can you expose a slider that would allow us to adjust footstep volume ourselves?  I love the ambient sounds in this game as they make it that much more immersive...that is until an over the top REX stomp totally bleeds my ears....  Can you please look into this?

You mentioned in previous digests that we will be able to download our dinosaurs and characters from official server to local game/local hosted server and it is fairly easy thing to do. Will it be added in 248 patch then?

For what month is AI improvement planned roughly? What would it look like? I'd love to see dinosaurs behaving like real animals in ARK. For me it's hard to attach to tamed animal, which does nothing for days.

Edit: Regarding animal I'd like to see in ARK. At this moment none, I prefer to see TLC and AI pass on currently exsisting animals before adding another creature.

Can you add a setting on the generator to turn off once power is restored from another source such as a wind turbine?  Currently you can set the generator to come on when power from the turbine is lost, so it would be nice if the generator could be set to power off once the turbine starts generating power again.  As it stands now, I have to constantly look and see if the lights are on the turbine and then manually power off the generator in order to save fuel and/or wear and tear on the generator.

I would like to know if you consider adding more decoration like lamps hanging from the ceiling to light up a room realistically. E.g. the vessel from SE is a great decoration thing and I would love to see more - like a couch or plants that can be placed within the house, mugs, maybe a sink and bath tub and PLEASE a proper good looking BED (kingsize to fill the room)  

Other than that, thank you for asking about adding creatures - here is my answer: Please focus on the sea creatures! I suggest adding more creatures (Archelon, Dakosaurus, Nothosaurus, Horseshoe Crab, Anomalocaris, Helicoprion) for the sea and additionally a variety of different fish living in the corals - they dont have to be tameable or have a special use it would just make the sea look alive  Furthermore, I'll use this chance and share my opinion about the sea as well: I think the sea needs a visual make-over : Adding actual coral reef areas with fish living in those and changing the landscape of the sea to something highly realistic and beautiful (like snow or redwood biomes - GREAT JOB) would do the trick for the ultimate experience  There are corals currently, but it doesnt look good imo - they are spread over some ares and thats it. 

Tropeognathus would be nice as well as a prehistoric Walrus to fill the shores in the snow biome with life

Question: Can we please have the option to re-position/reduce the text size of the notifications while gathering/harvesting/killing things?  I could swear I saw a SOTF stream a while ago and those notifications were neatly placed in the lower left hand corner of the screen. It would be a huge quality of life improvement.

Additionally, dossiers popping up on the screen while fighting something has gotten me killed quite a few times. Can we also have the option to turn that off?  Nothing worse than killing something for the first time, then dying to something else because the dossier popped up during the fight.

I think it would be cool to see a Megaxantho type creature added to the ark. Having a range of giant to small crabs running around on the shore and deep oceans, maybe only the mid sized ones could be tamed. I don't really know what other use they could have other than just having a giant crab to ride around on crippling creatures and players with its devastating pincer attack.

Put a dino in wandering is the main reason for losing creatures.
Can you add settings for players or servers about time and distance of wandering creatures?

For example:
  For servers:
-- Maximum time of wanderings
-- Always return to origin point (loop), if possible.
-- Maximum distance of wanderings
  For players:
-- Set maximum distance of wanderings: very high / high / medium / low / very low.
(From the starting point of wandering, the point of origin)
-- Set maximum time of wandering, with box after select it, HH: MM (hours:minutes).

6 minutes ago, Neizan said:

Put a dino in wandering is the main reason for losing creatures.
Can you add settings for players or servers about time and distance of wandering creatures?

For example:
  For servers:
-- Maximum time of wanderings
-- Always return to origin point (loop), if possible.
-- Maximum distance of wanderings
  For players:
-- Set maximum distance of wanderings: very high / high / medium / low / very low.
(From the starting point of wandering, the point of origin)
-- Set maximum time of wandering, with box after select it, HH: MM (hours:minutes).

I really like this idea, I was thinking of something a little similar instead with a "leash" option, Use the leash on a dino and this could restrict the distance they can move from the point it was placed on them (Or an anchor point on the ground). When wandering they would be limited by this range. Would love to see something like this.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived