ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can ;).

Also guys, I've got a question for you. If you could add any creature to ARK: Survival Evolved, what would it be? when posting your question, feel free to answer mine :)! Anyone being a spoil-sport and ruining the fun by turning this thread into a X is better than Y creature discussion will have their posting rights removed! :P

Thanks,

Jat

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will the smithies and other crafting stations be addressed such that mastercraft blueprints can be used instead of held as a flammable trophy?

A: I'd more water creatures, maybe like Nothosaurus, or Dakosaurus. The latter could be found far from shore and stalking the epipelagic that's not currently patrolled by anything more challenging than sharks.

Hey guys, Have you ever considered adding showers/bathroom in ark? I think this would be a great addition in Scorched Earth. How about if it adds a temporary protection agaisnt hot weather, with like the same mechanic the bug repellant has.

Also, it'll be awesome to see the more giant birds or hybrids, preferably bigger than the Quetzalcoatl. I say, Griffin?

57 minutes ago, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can .

Also guys, I've got a question for you. If you could add any creature to ARK: Survival Evolved, what would it be? when posting your question, feel free to answer mine :)! Anyone being a spoil-sport and ruining the fun by turning this thread into a X is better than Y creature discussion will have their posting rights removed!

Thanks,

Jat

Any update on Torpor inducing Beanbag Ammo for Shotguns? I know Jeremy was considering it at least briefly after it was mentioned in a previous digest. Also any chance of seeing Grapeshot for the Primitive Cannon?

As for added creatures... I would love to see Archelon, thought I don't know what role it would really play... Other than that, a Giant Ridable Hornet/Wasp or a quadrupedal Ice Drake might be cool. Living refrigerator anyone?

Sometime back in a Digest, you guys addressed the issue with black paint not applying properly on tames. I just need assurance that this has not been forgotten because black and red are the main colors I like to theme my tames on.

Answer: If I wanted to see any creature on ark Island it would be some sort of Dragon mount. I guess, raised in the similar way Wyvern in Scorched Earth are raised.(Location maybe lava cave or volcano) They don't even have to breath fire maybe just have a strong bite. Would help PVP tribes without scorched earth fight against a tribe with Wyvern on the Island. But mostly because I kinda love gigantic flying lizards (I play PVE)  I mean who wouldn't!?

Keep up the Amazing work and a big Thank You! for creating my dream game.

• Will primal survival be paid dlc or given to owners of ark?
  • Will Ark be getting the ability to have xbox players play with windows 10 users
  • With procedurally generated ark will we have the option to include dlc creatures

And if I could add any creature to ark, mythical wise would be griffon, or other type of elemental: fire elemental, water elemental, etc.

When will we likely see Tribe alliance phase 2, alliance rankings, being able to set dino inventory, riding dino, Storage inventory, door access,  alliance rank number identically how we set tribe rank level. 

This is a follow up to a feature that was  was said to be coming soon and has disappeared from the pc "a little further out" patch notes and not yet materialised on Xbox. It would help alot for pvp wars, when an alpha tribe has alot of dinos but not enough riders, they could enable certain dinos to be ridden by tribe rank x and above, and alliance can ride the alpha tribes tames into battle, or open doors (that have been set to the correcr tribe rank number )in the base to drop off resources or supplies.

Or option to see each other's names but make turrets hostile (to prevent alliances raiding each other)

I would like to see a little more diversity in battle mounts, all in all its usually the same dinos being brought into a raid. A maxed spino is good but most usually will lose to a rex. There are sssooo many large theropod dinos that could give more diversity. I love my rexes, I really do, but I'd like to see carcharodontosaurus or another large theropod be a viable contender for attack/health. Plus it could break up the spawn cycle a little bit, instead of just seeing rexes anywhere on the island.

Can you rework the training dummy, so it can hold any armor and any saddle, so we can see in game numbers of how an apprentice rex saddle reduces incoming damage compared to primitive.

And right now the training dummy always shows the damage as though you are attacking thatch, can we have options to change it to people, dinos, and cycle through the structure types, (thatch, wood, adobe, stone )

It doesn't need to display that the armor is being worn, as it is not an armory rack, just allowing us to equip it in the inventory would help so much with crunching numbers to see what dino is best at which task

It also shows damage from firearms at 0 as a result of being treated like a thatch structure

16 minutes ago, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can .

Also guys, I've got a question for you. If you could add any creature to ARK: Survival Evolved, what would it be? when posting your question, feel free to answer mine :)! Anyone being a spoil-sport and ruining the fun by turning this thread into a X is better than Y creature discussion will have their posting rights removed!

Thanks,

Jat

Dinosaurs we need to see.   Kraken or giant squid. How do we not have this already. Livyatan lets get some sea monsters. Dunkleosteus. And Deinosuchus along with a few other unique looking creatures could really help flesh out the game. And most of all gotta get Therizinosaurus. King of the bird like creatures with its giant size and 3 foot claws on each hand. It eats berries and mostly passive but would be deadly if provoked. There are many many more I dream of seeing. Especially on the mythical side.

I think you should add biomes of a Giant towering mushroom forest would be the ultimate. That would be amazing. Or floating islands like in Pandora. 

The addition of Tar pits could be awesome to try and survive in. I think it could fit in with Scorched Earth nicely. On that note I also think you should add fire marshes. Where pillars of flame could erupt underneath you at any time. 

Did you consider the ability to grow plant x in a greenhouse, so we can grow the wild variant which will cover time produces the defence variant seeds, perhaps, to make this more balanced, it only produces 10-20 seeds like plant y, and they spoil over time, and the benefit of people doing this is that they grow to full maturity in alot shorter time, 

Can you alter wind turbines so, if you are in a low wind area example 40% wind and you place 3 turbines down combined they collect enough electricity to power electronics. Right now, no matter how many turbines I place in a low wind area, they will not collectively producer bough electricity to power anything 

And also a setting for generators to automatically shut fmdown when the turbines in the circuit are producing electricity, and auto power on when turbine shuts down, even if it is a separate item (Independent Controller) we need to craft and place between turbine and generator

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived