120 Spino Taming

MayonnaisePlease

well depends on what is in your box of tricks, you could make a quick taming box of pillars to sort of trap it, but it will flee when torpor is high enough,....from a quetz is easy, protecting it from other predators might not be, use spike walls to protect the tame.....

if you don't have a quetz, you can shoot from high ground that has a good view,  or find rocks that it will get stuck on will help....

maybe upload a picture of the area for more suggestions to aid....a picture is worth a lot

Use the nearby cliffs. Spinos are really hard to get stuck on terrain. I'd say about 90% of my spino tames end with their face in the side of a cliff. Use a bird of some sort and be ready to intercept when it runs away. A spino won't drown in water that's not deep enough for it to swim in, in my experience, but do watch out for piranhas, those nasty little buggers can wreck a tame if they can get to it.

Try to clear the area of other animals first as well. Spinos have a short aggro range so it's not too hard to do. In particular, turtles, anything large, and dimos.

I always bring spike walls or some other form of temporary defense. Don't forget to wall or keep a very close eye above the spino if you do tame by the cliffside. I haven't had it happen with a spino, but other tames have been wrecked by a carno falling on top of us. I imagine terror birds would be a nightmare if it ends up on the Redwoods side of the river.

Good luck!

Archived