So many nerfs! WHY?

drakorex

51 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

The Devs stated that they changed Anky's animation because it's ridiculous for them to be able to bite rocks. (Paraphrase.)

I know nothing about the other flyers...

Then come up with a quick swing animation that makes more sense. Dont delude yourselves, it was never at any point about the animation being "ridicules". The devs just wanted to nerf gathering and used the animation as a scapegoat. Why make an excuse? Because, they know full well what the response from the community would have been and the overwhelming hate would have forced them to revert the change. 

20 minutes ago, Igloo said:

Then come up with a quick swing animation that makes more sense. Dont delude yourselves, it was never at any point about the animation being "ridicules". The devs just wanted to nerf gathering and used the animation as a scapegoat. Why make an excuse? Because, they know full well what the response from the community would have been and the overwhelming hate would have forced them to revert the change. 

Are you going to be ok?

How do you respond when it's something that actually matters?  Here's how 99% of the player base responded to that Anky change: "Hmmm, I can't bite rocks anymore.  Oh well, now mining the entire map with the platform glitch will take 10 minutes instead of 9".

I'm looking forward to them actually nerfing mining by getting rid of the ridiculous platform weight glitch.  Nerfs are necessary for game balance, if you don't like them then perhaps you could give some usable, respectful feedback or just not play EA titles?

21 hours ago, Critter said:

What's this platform weight glitch?

As far as I'm aware everything in an anky, for example, adds to the weight of a quetzal. Items in storage on a quetzal platform adds to its weight too. Where's the glitch >.< I need to know lol 

1) inventory of dinos sitting on platforms are not added to the quetzals weight.

2) Dinos sitting on platforms can still attack and gather resources.

3) Dinos can continue to gather resources even once their get to their weight cap.

8 hours ago, NyanRose said:

I don't recall any flyers other then the Tape's ever being able to fly backwards.

Agreed, I have never been able to fly backward with any dino before the Tape. 

As far as the anklo go having that full animation is annoying, but the biting rocks thing was a bit dumb.  What they should do is just shorten the anklo animation.  Right now it does a sideways swing and then vertical slam down, why does it need to do both of those just have it swing to the side once quickly and be done, would decrease the animation time by about half and make people happy while still making it use the tail 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:32 PM, drakorex said:

I've noticed ever since the Tapejara came out that all other flyers are no longer able to take off backwards. This is a huge shame. Why make them less maneuverable? I also find that ankys are no longer able to munch rocks (as opposed to swinging their tail). Why make them slightly worse than they were?

You noticed that because they were never able to go backwards. 

On 10/1/2016 at 4:27 PM, Smash said:

Are you going to be ok?

How do you respond when it's something that actually matters?  Here's how 99% of the player base responded to that Anky change: "Hmmm, I can't bite rocks anymore.  Oh well, now mining the entire map with the platform glitch will take 10 minutes instead of 9".

I'm looking forward to them actually nerfing mining by getting rid of the ridiculous platform weight glitch.  Nerfs are necessary for game balance, if you don't like them then perhaps you could give some usable, respectful feedback or just not play EA titles?

LOL, I have to agree. The amount of exaggeration some people put into a post, probably thinking it makes there point more clearly, but to me, just borders on the ridiculous. I personally didn't even notice the nerf of the Anky, just kept on using it as it would work, but then I've never used the platform exploit either.. 

On 3-10-2016 at 4:20 PM, Phantasym said:

As far as the anklo go having that full animation is annoying, but the biting rocks thing was a bit dumb.  What they should do is just shorten the anklo animation.  Right now it does a sideways swing and then vertical slam down, why does it need to do both of those just have it swing to the side once quickly and be done, would decrease the animation time by about half and make people happy while still making it use the tail 

The anky does still have two animations - a swing with the ground pound, and one without. Try angling your camera around.

On 02/10/2016 at 1:02 AM, Igloo said:

Hillary is also a hologram being controlled by China, amaright? 

On 03/10/2016 at 6:19 AM, NyanRose said:

I don't recall any flyers other then the Tape's ever being able to fly backwards.

On 03/10/2016 at 4:16 PM, mronemanmob said:

You noticed that because they were never able to go backwards. 

This ^ t was never the case before the Tapejara was introduced. I thinkk someone's either blinded by their own anger or so convinced by their own opinion they're blind to the actual truth.

As a point though, I feel like the Tapejara flying movement should be the new standard for all flyers. They'd still retain their usefullness of having multiple seats and the ability to cling to rock surfaces.

Archived