Humans in primal survival/Human structures

seaweed7305

Will there be human AI in primal survival in both singleplayer and multiplayer? I play both singleplayer and on servers but I would really like to see some human structures while playing as an animal. it would be tons of fun attacking humans with a pack of dire wolves or tearing through a building with a herd of brontos. let it be so cause it would be a crazy test of might and numbers to attack a thatch village with a hundred ants. maybe have prefabs that human AIs can make or atleast use as shelter. Just hope that im allowed to something to this extent.

12 hours ago, Critter said:

Perhaps maybe having a game mode that lets both Human Players, and Human controlled animals to play on the same map lol. 

I'm gonna cry if it's not both humans and human controlled animals...!     This feature needs to be rolled into the main game, Mods are great, but at the end of the day, I'm kinda sick of mods being separate from everything else even if it's official...  I'd love to see all the stuff from primitive + added into the main game so that the primitive stage lasts longer. Then add in to the mix that players can also be animals for a while when they get bored of playing with their human character (essentially having one animal and one human player per server)

6 hours ago, Mendoza said:

I'm gonna cry if it's not both humans and human controlled animals...!     This feature needs to be rolled into the main game, Mods are great, but at the end of the day, I'm kinda sick of mods being separate from everything else even if it's official...  I'd love to see all the stuff from primitive + added into the main game so that the primitive stage lasts longer. Then add in to the mix that players can also be animals for a while when they get bored of playing with their human character (essentially having one animal and one human player per server)

That would be nice.

• Volunteer Moderator

It has already been confirmed that Primal Survival will allow for Human controlled Dinos and Human controlled Survivors to play on the same server/map. It has also been confirmed that the server admin will be able to set which dinos/creatures will be allowed to be played by humans on the server.

As for Human AI, I don't believe so. A long time ago they said there are no plans for Human NPC's in ARK and that you would have to look towards Mods for that sort of thing. Whether that view has changed now that Primal Survival is coming I don't know, but there has been no suggestion that it has.

How would Human AI even work? I assume a tribe would spawn, and the first thing they'd do is chop and harvest everything they saw, and craft as much as they could. As cool as that would be, I see that this would be more of a problem than a good addition. The Humans would wipe out all of the resources if they weren't kept in check. Perhaps even reach Fabricator level of tech and just become a dominant force on the Arks. Unless there was a limit to where they'd go. Build up to maybe wooden structures, sticking with stone weapons and hide clothing. Would they spawn already with their villages made, and randomized gear and clothing? Would they be hostile to players? Could human players recruit AI humans into tribes?

Since humans are the most intellectually advanced and the only fully self aware species, they would be the hardest to code and balance for a survival game. They wouldn't be able to think like real people. If you play as a Giga, would they let you just waltz through their village without becoming worried you might slaughter them? It'd be better to just not make AI humans.

5 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

It has already been confirmed that Primal Survival will allow for Human controlled Dinos and Human controlled Survivors to play on the same server/map. It has also been confirmed that the server admin will be able to set which dinos/creatures will be allowed to be played by humans on the server.

As for Human AI, I don't believe so. A long time ago they said there are no plans for Human NPC's in ARK and that you would have to look towards Mods for that sort of thing. Whether that view has changed now that Primal Survival is coming I don't know, but there has been no suggestion that it has.

Now that is awesome lol

Im deff excited for that ^

thanks for taking the time to  clarify this my man. 

23 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Yes, and I admit I'm slightly dissappointed that no one has come up with a human mod that fits the bill without going completely off the deep end (no offense intended to the creators of the Bush People mod).

I'd be delighted with a mod where you could determine the tech level of human NPC's, and their general behavior... especially if you could create different groups and have them stick to a particular territory for the most part.  A small band of very advanced but very aggressive humans here, a large band of slightly territorial stone age humans there, nomadic bands of relatively peaceful club wielding primitives roaming everywhere else.

it would certainly spice things up a bit. 

5 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

You forgot a group of human trolls that puts foundation and pillars randomly. That would be an easy IA to make, no? check if foundation, if not, slap foundation, move randomly, repeat.

We should also have some that strategically place pillars in a way that seems random to some of the other AI, for true balance.

7 hours ago, mronemanmob said:

This already happens, lol.  I see it all the time.

I meant this in the sense of the AI not having a "threat indicator" system dependent on the species of creature they are in proximity to, and the closest thing to it would be a Skittish demeanor like the Galli or Tapajara. I assume by this that you have seen wild Gigas steamroll through player villages that have their tames on Passive?

Archived