xbox Prim+ Xbox Patch Notes Current: Primitive Plus 1.3 - Upcoming: v1.4

Itsr2ghgaming

I was looking for a couple things in the notes, hoping for fixes, not sure if the notes apply to the issue.

For example, Canteens,there's a note about keeping the engram when relogging, but the canteen itself has been uncraftable as far as I know, I guess I should check again to be sure, but the Crafting Engram was missing in the construction table last time I tried.

Same problem with the metal shield, though I'll peek into the beaver saddle to see if it's there.

There were a few others I can't think of right now, I think most all were 'learn engram but cannot craft' issues

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why can't we get saddles with each new release of dinos? I would assume that would be part of the core game, not part of the total conversion part of primitive plus? I understand the fish meat and the beer part of taming, as these are different from standard Ark, but shouldn't the saddles release at the same time as the dinos that need them?

• Administrator

I've cleaned up the OP to make it more understandable. Currently Xbox is in a weird state, let's say it's 1.5 - due to the way TCs were functioning and the changes Cedric had to make. Once the Fear Evolved Patch goes live, it should be on complete 1.3. I am hoping this takes place tomorrow, assuming Microsoft approve our patch - otherwise it will arrive asap. I have asked Cedric to look through the notes and see if anything is missing from 1.3, and he'll edit it in accordingly.

There are some known issues with 1.3 on Xbox related to Fear Evolved, i.e you'll see 'ghost' assets - so like.. scarecrows, pumpkins etc that are there, but they're not actually not. This is due to the way Primitive+ was setup on consoles and why the load times are actually really good, they use seek-free content - it's something we have to work on in the future to make sure we avoid ghost situations like that. However, once Fear Evolved ends - all the bugs related to it will vanish too. So technically, not Primitive+ bugs, more so TC-Fear Evolved ones ;).

From here on out, it should be a lot smoother to get the patches and content in. We may end up port over some of the Xbox work to PC, to make it even smoother for us to do patches too (differently optimised assets), but I'm confident we're over our rocky stage. I know it's been a bit of a headache the past few weeks/months but I appreciate you guys being so patient. Cedric has a lot planned for Prim+, and we do for ARK too, it'll be worth it!

7 hours ago, mleii said:

@Itsr2ghgaming Are the notes in the first post of this thread up to date with the patches that @Jat mention are coming tomorrow?  Or will the Xbox patch notes be updated for what's in this patch?

They will be updated with more notes soon when its closer to release.

On 9/30/2016 at 4:51 PM, Itsr2ghgaming said:

PC Content through v247 engram fixes!

So, I might not be understanding this part, is this only Engrams that don't get items that are post 247 (so no Kaprosuchus or other newer dino saddles, etc) or does that also include game mechanics and fixes/improvements?

So say for example wielding weapons while mounted which happened in v248, is that part of Prim+?  Sorry if this has been answered before, not 100% clear to me on how Total Conversion works on the Xbox (well or PC for that matter). :)

6 minutes ago, mleii said:

So, I might not be understanding this part, is this only Engrams that don't get items that are post 247 (so no Kaprosuchus or other newer dino saddles, etc) or does that also include game mechanics and fixes/improvements?

So say for example wielding weapons while mounted which happened in v248, is that part of Prim+?  Sorry if this has been answered before, not 100% clear to me on how Total Conversion works on the Xbox (well or PC for that matter). :)

Oh wait, think I just had a DUH moment here.  LOL  Obviously if the newer dinos show up but don't have saddles then the game mechanics are in the game, Prim+ just needs to opt into the addition Engrams as it doesn't get them by default.  Right?  

7 hours ago, Ark247uk said:

We are still crouching through doors... is there another update due out?

same  here we even tried replacing the doorway and ramps still having issues going thru doors,(but only on exterior doors, we dont seem to have any issue with door inside of our house) the issue doesn't seem to be the doorway or ramp but the snap point for the wall above, u can got in and out no problem with no wall above, but once the wall is placed you have to crouch to walk thru

7 hours ago, Ark247uk said:

We are still crouching through doors... is there another update due out?

Would you be able to post some additional information over here in the bug forum? We're trying to collect as much data for Ced as possible.

Such as:

XBOX or PC? What map? Is that through all of the doors, or just the Lumber door? What material are you using for the foundation and walls? Etc.

Screenshots are always welcome. :)

17 hours ago, wheelin86 said:

unclear on what was fixed,but i do like what im seeing in FEAR EVOLVED!!! but what about beer for the chalicotherium? iv found that alot of the saddles are in the beaver just not the reskined smithy.....i really dont want to use stimberries to tame a Chalico.

Chalico tames with stimberries?  That would be a long process of trying to not agro it...

I'd be very happy if they would release the structures plus mod for consoles in order to fix some of the collision issue that exist within the building system for ark. The whole fear evolved is a disaster for primitive plus, I'm now and admin for a server and the shear amount of issues we have had because of this event has been mind blowing. in the past two weeks we have had the server crash more than in the previous months combined. As for the saddles finally being release we still can't tame the chalicotherium because beer is still bugged in primitive and still missing the saddles for the other two Dino's. 

Here is is the biggest gripe of the entire thing. Most of the structure building options with primitive plus are still messed up. Adobe, lumber, brick, etc still all have alignment issues plus not to mention you still have to duck in order to walk through a door. it is very doubtful that anyone from WC ever see this post let alone read but for the love of God, stop releasing new bloody content and fix what is already existing.

P.s: I love this game, I've met a lot of descent people here and you have the best survival crafting game on the market as it stands now. it just get really frustrating sometimes when you have an idea and can't make it happen due to broken mechanics and items. 

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived