The Center - Xbox Patch notes V742

evilmrfrank

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, evilmrfrank said:

Grappling hooks were one of the concerns.  We put a fix in for it but I've heard mixed reports from different people that makes it sound like they are still able to use the grappling hooks in this area?  But yes, these are the kind of things that are still keeping it from being enabled, one step at a time :D

If you fell and were good enough, you could use a grappling hook to attach to the jumping area, if you did so before hitting the lava. 

Might be possible for someone to use that to skip a big part of the course.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a non dedicated server that I play on the center map with after 10 minutes of game time or more if I try to save the game it crashes and I get sent to the dashboard if I play for a few minutes and save and quit I keep what I was doing but if I keep going for awhile like harvesting metal than go to base with it and save and exit it crashes without saving please help.

@evilmrfrank

I love the center map. Last week it looked great and i did not have any problems like others when entering the water.

then friday the 3.9 gb patch ( without the patch notes) came snd it made two things broken 

1. The graphics quality was visibly turned down, it literally hurt my eyes playing on my 40 inch tv. I dont understand why they would do that as the map looked great and i did not have any issues. I play on xbox and have a second xbox set up as a dedicated server, so family members can also join.

would you be able to find out what settings have been changed? I noticed the view distance and the resolution, and the rocks and trees look a lot worse now. I hope this can be reversed soon.

2. On volcano island and in the volcano cave big huge fake rocks that look like iron nodes cover the loot crates, the resources etc. maybe you can look into this.

thank you again for creating this great looking map

Okay so whilst this map is superb in construction I've recently encountered what could be a significant bug (this happened around 15 minutes ago before posting this).

Myself and one other player on my dedicated server were fighting the broodmother (didn't manage to win against it), but as we were on the transport point my friend left but when the timer ran instead of being transported back to the blue obelisk with mY Allosaur my game dashboarded and I reloadedto be greeted by the "choose respawn" so I went to the obelisk to see if my allosaur was located there and its apparently disappeared along with everything it was carrying. I first thought it might be back in the arena so spawned in the artifacts and items, teleported back and its defiantely gone.

I would suggest that players be wary of this incase it is a bug.

On 10/1/2016 at 1:07 AM, Renderor said:

I would like to see the water glitch fixed everytime i get in water and a load screen comes up it dashboards me xbox center map server 725 would be less of an issue but it has cost me and some of my allies tames and equipment as we drown while dc'ed and can't get back to bodies without the exactsame thing happening again

This post is from a while ago now. Has this been addressed? It's pretty game breaking. Tribemate was fighting a Dino last night and was forced into the water and disconnected because of it. Thankfully we stuck together but sometimes we are in solo and this would be really frustrating. 

On 10/19/2016 at 5:16 PM, Rickyh24 said:

This post is from a while ago now. Has this been addressed? It's pretty game breaking. Tribemate was fighting a Dino last night and was forced into the water and disconnected because of it. Thankfully we stuck together but sometimes we are in solo and this would be really frustrating. 

It's still a thing I'm afraid not half as bad as before! 

15 hours ago, Rickyh24 said:

Is there anybody out there?  Nice to see not much has changed around here. 

If what you meant by not much has changed was has got worse then you would be correct!

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately it really wasn't fixed a lot of people are still having dashboard issues and what makes it all worse is that nobody is doing anything about it. I message the developers on here as well as on twitter and nothing gets responses unless u ask questions about upcoming events then u get all the time in the world. Love this game but I feel all they care about is releasing new stuff instead of fixing what's broken. I have not been able to really play my game for almost 2 months there is no support for console and no love for console I think I'm done even trying. Thanks ark developers for showing us gamers that u don't really listen and or give a poop about us when we reach out.

p.s. if u say please submit a ticket so we can look it would help if the ticket option existed for the console.

• 4 weeks later...
  • lilpanda unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived