The Center - Xbox Patch notes V742

evilmrfrank

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, FunnyPoop said:

They're all locked in metal pens that I can no longer see or access. I can only see their names highlighted through the cliff. Ima try and whistle but had no idea that the devs would not consider areas where structures could have been built and developed around existing teraforms instead. The only reason I can access he current half of my base I think is because I have beds in there. 

This is worse than being wiped.

If you can see their names, then maybe you can use a spyglass on them to follow and get the tames out at least? I know this doesn't help with the vaults etc...

I only suggest this as way back when I played on an official The Island server we had a rex fall through the floor. Our base was on a slight hill so of course, he went down into void under the hill. I could see his name with the naked eye but he wouldn't respond to a whistle. However if I got the spyglass and focussed on his name I was able to get him to follow me and I managed to lead him out of the hill (and into the ocean, where he almost drowned).

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Kwormie said:

We host a Player Dedicated Scorched Earth server and noticed after the patch that we now have Tapejara's flying around our map. Wonder what else we got that was not mentioned in the patch notes in SE. ??? **Surprise**

I believe there are little surprises all over.

I know an extra room opened up in the ruins where I built my base.  Was going to offer some cash to Ben to remove the all that blocked it, and was surprised when I found it.  Yeah!

21 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

If you can see their names, then maybe you can use a spyglass on them to follow and get the tames out at least? I know this doesn't help with the vaults etc...

I only suggest this as way back when I played on an official The Island server we had a rex fall through the floor. Our base was on a slight hill so of course, he went down into void under the hill. I could see his name with the naked eye but he wouldn't respond to a whistle. However if I got the spyglass and focussed on his name I was able to get him to follow me and I managed to lead him out of the hill (and into the ocean, where he almost drowned).

Thanks TranqRex for the suggestion. I did try this with one quetz and he did try and follow but couldn't escape...I believe the metal pen they are in still exists in the rock preventing them from leaving. 

Someone on the server said Admins periodically come on so wondering if the devs could pm me with a way of contacting one to see if there is anything that can be done to salvage my tames and resources...devs? 

10 hours ago, s3anyboy said:

That really sucks, I have a problem from the update but nowhere near as bad.
As of the center update there's now a loading zone in the water right above the east underwater dome, which is where we built pillar towers with a huge base on it. Not only do I sometimes have my game freeze for several seconds while walking around my base, but I also can't place or replace any structures on the tower anymore. If I swim a few feet away the ocean zone loads and I can place structures on the side of the tower closest to it, but if I try to move around or inside my base it despawns the piece of land the pillars are on and stops me from placing structures.

Wow, I like that water base idea! Sorry you're having issues with it:(

2 hours ago, TranqRex said:

good idea!

Not my secret center cave room thing! It was amazing! I thought you put it there on purpose! =[

However... I'm glad you decided to murder me because the redwood biome looks absolutely incredible, and it seems I've barely scratched the surface of it.

Also.. I loaded the map on single player and there where a few missing polygons in the new edge of the world shelf.. invisible ground, holes in cliff walls.. etc. May have been just my world, I had built a test base down there before the update.. it's now floating and is near where I saw the missing polygons.. around the same latitude as the ice ruins.. maybe a few degrees N and W (ruins look awesome btw.. this map makes me want to have a dozen different bases). 

@evilmrfrank

First let me say that I love your map, and it is by far the best map on ark. With that said, there seems to be alot of overspawning in the underworld, to the point where I was getting 1 fps in my single player. I tried to alleviate this by placing foundations to block spawns. The latest update appears to give a fair performance increase, but it still gets quite framey in places. Most notably, in the underworld.

Spawns in the lava cave were numbering in the hundreds, as well as in the underworld itself. If you keep to the right as you enter from the lava cave, you'll come to another cave. If you ghost through the wall to the right, there's tons of spawns back there that have no reason being there, and only contribute to the lag. I also noticed that the ground area behind the wall has been increased, allowing even more room for them to spawn. 

Is there any way you can make so nothing spawns back there? Also, the mantas were out of control last time I checked, as were turtles and just about everything else down there. It only seems to be a problem for single player.

This is on Xbox ONE, btw.

• Wildcard Staff

Hey guys!  Glad everyone is liking the update so far!  For people who have mentioned the overspawning AI issues killing off some of the wild dinos after update will help the issues a lot at some of these locations if there are any left over from previous versions.  I'll look into their spawn numbers again to make sure, especially the lava cave issues mentioned.

I would like to see the water glitch fixed everytime i get in water and a load screen comes up it dashboards me xbox center map server 725 would be less of an issue but it has cost me and some of my allies tames and equipment as we drown while dc'ed and can't get back to bodies without the exactsame thing happening again

So yeah, I might not be playing this game anymore.  And that makes me really sad.  I love this game, but after the most recent "update" I cannot save the game, it crashes every 5-10min, and I just had it crash while on a bird...When I came back, the bird was gone and I plummeted to my death.  I can't play the game I spent a bunch of money on.  I can't save.  And why the hell isn't there a save button in solo player anyhow?  Not that it matters, everytime I tried to exit the game and have it save, it crashed.  And I can't even restart, because I have another game with a friend going on another map and if i try to reset the Center, iirc, it'll reset all my other games too. 

I understand early access, and all that.  But to have a supposed update to the game completely destroy my ability to even play the game, to remove hundreds of hours of work, and to quite simply make me want to delete the game off my Xbox?  That's simply garbage.

5 hours ago, AxomoxA said:

Any plans to fix the 250m distance from host on multiplayer?

For allot of us, it is the biggest thing that needs fixing. 

Thanks

This is nothing to do with the map (or any mod) - it's a technical limitation of the XBOX. It is very unlikely you'll see any improvements - other than possibly going to 300m or something - in this area because the console just can't handle it. Some context:

Since 742 (and now 743), has anyone seen Pelagornis on The Center? I know they were invisible for a time but I thought that was limited to The Island map. I've now seen Gigantopithecus in the Redwood biome but I haven't come across a Pelagornis (or an Archeopteryx) yet.

• Wildcard Staff
20 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

@evilmrfrank Hello, awesome job on all the work you do to make your map amazing. I was just curious if there is any news about the jump puzzle getting its rewards back? I would hate for you to have put it in there and then have it serve no purpose other than for the giggles.

The jumping puzzle will get its rewards added back in.  They were only temporarily disabled because players were finding ways to heavily abuse them.  I want to get them re-enabled asap but it needs to go through a bit more thorough planning and testing to ensure its not easily abused going forward before its enabled again.

Quick message regarding the crashing you guys have been getting.  These are crashing out of memory issues that we unfortunately did not catch upon testing before the update went out.  It is a rather difficult thing to catch 100% of situations it will crash in even with a lot of testing as there are a lot of things that can contribute to this, but we are working to make sure these crashes get fixed asap.  V743 update in regards to The Center was focused 100% on fixing these crashes and improving the stability of the map overall so the issue should be quite a lot better after the update.  If any areas appear to still be causing issues they will get fixed asap!  Sorry about the inconveniences these crashes have caused you guys!

57 minutes ago, evilmrfrank said:

The jumping puzzle will get its rewards added back in.  They were only temporarily disabled because players were finding ways to heavily abuse them.  I want to get them re-enabled asap but it needs to go through a bit more thorough planning and testing to ensure its not easily abused going forward before its enabled again.

Quick message regarding the crashing you guys have been getting.  These are crashing out of memory issues that we unfortunately did not catch upon testing before the update went out.  It is a rather difficult thing to catch 100% of situations it will crash in even with a lot of testing as there are a lot of things that can contribute to this, but we are working to make sure these crashes get fixed asap.  V743 update in regards to The Center was focused 100% on fixing these crashes and improving the stability of the map overall so the issue should be quite a lot better after the update.  If any areas appear to still be causing issues they will get fixed asap!  Sorry about the inconveniences these crashes have caused you guys!

I understand, I heard and read about all the ways people were abusing it. I noticed the immediate thing you did with making it to where the way down is a jump into a pool instead of a ramp of pillars. I guess the only concern is grappling hooks? Is it possible to make the surfaces in there non-hookable? I didn't try a grappling hook when I checked it out, I just did the parkour so I don't know if you already accounted for this.

• Wildcard Staff

Grappling hooks were one of the concerns.  We put a fix in for it but I've heard mixed reports from different people that makes it sound like they are still able to use the grappling hooks in this area?  But yes, these are the kind of things that are still keeping it from being enabled, one step at a time :D

• lilpanda unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived