The Center - Xbox Patch notes V742

evilmrfrank

• Wildcard Staff

Hey Survivors!

Here is a full list of the features/fixes coming the v742 update for The Center!  

It's been a while so this list doesn't include 100% of the fixes/features that were added but it includes I'd say 80-90% [some smaller fixes may have been missed] of what was done to the map since the last update!

large.Crystal_Caves.jpg.2634eacf5f1ba52c

Features:

- Added Redwood Forest Biome

- Redid the Boss Arena from scratch, now actually works properly!

- Extended map tremendously for the new redwood forest biome (About 50% larger now)

- Added giant new land bridge connecting the snow/grasslands biome to the new redwood biome

- Added giant new underwater caverns which includes, spider cavern, underwater ruins, crystal cavern, jumping puzzle.  New caverns also provide a foot path for players to walk from the center of the earth to the top, and a new underwater path for players to get their water dinos in and out of the center of the earth.

- Added distant mountains

- Added GIANT mountain range on southern edge of map

- Huge Lighting update, vastly improved lighting all around

- Massive Optimizations

- Brand new player map, now includes 100% of playable space

- Added new pitch black deep sea canyon (Scuba Goggles will not work here)

- Lots of secrets added!

- Added murder boxes in the floating island to melt anyones face who has glitched into and built bases inside.

- Expanded the oceans to the south

-Slight change to the lighting to be a little more natural in the dense jungles

-Drastically improved the lighting in various caves

-Redid the background near the previous “Edge of the World” section of the map

-Added 13 mini caves/DireBear Dens around the world

-Completely redid the entire edge of the world section of the map.  Now stuffed full of content, more penguin spawns, giant new area to explore, empty void replaced with a full blown ocean, cliffs entirely redone

-Improved the oceans shader

- Replaced all the lava shaders with the fancy Scorched Earth versions

- Added Lava VFX to underworld entrance lava

large.57ec4fa209c35_RedwoodBiome.jpg.7b2

Balance Changes:

-Set the large trees in the snowy/grasslands to give way more wood/thatch to encourage more building in these areas

-Increased the temperature of the grasslands slightly

large.Cave.jpg.57c870d2c596e41ccafa10100

Fixes:

- Fixed the pathways leading up from under the center being blocked off at the top

- Fixed a couple of holes under the center that allowed players to get under the map

- Fixed some large holes in the landscape in the grasslands that people could fall into

- Added dmg bonus for building in the monster head island

- Fixed dinos dissapearing from monster head island

- Removed mosa/plesi spawning in the large lake with the iceberg

- Fixed the tall grass in the northern and southern islands that didn't go away with the rest of the clutter

- Fixed the underworld grass being overly shiny/reflective

- Added Mosa spawns back in

- Bear spawns added to Redwood Forest

- Titan spawns added to Redwood Forest

- Lowered some of the deep ocean spawn numbers (Dunky, etc...)

- Added more harvestable stones to tropical sections of the map

- Lowered the height of the tall clutter grass pieces

- Fixed Eastern Oceans not having any foliage/rocks

- Made moonlight brighter

- Fixed several areas in the floating island that allowed players to glitch inside and build bases

- Made the lava biome darker, more forboding

- Fixed the large half lava/half tropical island not having any trees on the tropical half

- Added metal/crystal resources to the half tropical half lava island

- Fixed numerous holes in the underworld that allowed players to escape the world/get under the map

-Fixed an issue that was causing mosa spawns to go berserk at specific points on the map (Existing ones will need to be killed off)

-Fixed various holes that allowed the player to exit the map (Redwood, deep ocean, caves, etc…)

-Fixed various holes in the tropical sections of the map that players could fall into and get stuck

-Fixed several instances of the ocean coral being inland at various locations

-Fixed the skull island not having resources on the top layers

-Fixed a level streaming issue in the lava oasis cave that caused the level to unstream for a second when entering

-Drastically reduced the fog density in the ice caves

-Lowered the spawn rates in parts of some of the caves

-Reduced the number of broken branches on the ground in jungle areas by about half

-Fixed the seaweed being overly reflective

-Fixed the bottom of one of the rivers causing players to suddenly not be in water anymore

-Fixed the ocean shader looking ugly where it intersected the world

-Made the snow look less like somebody peed all over it (More white less yellow)

-Fixed the southern snowy mountain not having ground clutter

-Improved some of the distant LOD meshes that looked bad

-Did a massive pass on the giant waterfalls at the edge of the world, should look a LOT better/more natural

- Fixed an issue that caused grass to be in the lava in one of the lava pools

- Fixed some rocks from the new biome that were sticking up through the ground in the grasslands from below

- Fixed the top of one of the volcanoes looking strange (lava looked like it was overlapping/moving two directions at once)

- Fixed one of the giant rock spires near the southern snowy mountain missing

- Various other bug fixes too many to count <3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I am aware that you now work for wild card. They need to take notes on how well you wrote out these patch note's. From watching your streams and social media. I can hands down say that from a customer/gamer perspective, that you are the best asset that the wild card team has. The center is better then the island and scorched earth combined. Almost sad that a 1 man team can build a better map then a studio of people. Hats off to you good sir.

The update looks great except for the fact that I had a very impressive metal base with full behemoth Dino pens built below the cliff line on an official server and now I cant access half of it where my quetz's, rexes, and valuts are because of the update to the cliffs on snow north.  I've lost 100s of hours worth of building and taming. I'm very disappointed that regard wasn't given to where structures could have been built. What's worse is the half I can access can't be accessed again once I leave it unless I fast travel back to one of the beds. 

Devs...any solution please to get my Dino's buried in the cliff out???

3 minutes ago, FunnyPoop said:

The update looks great except for the fact that I had a very impressive metal base with full behemoth Dino pens built below the cliff line on an official server and now I cant access half of it where my quetz's, rexes, and valuts are because of the update to the cliffs on snow north.  I've lost 100s of hours worth of building and taming. I'm very disappointed that regard wasn't given to where structures could have been built. What's worse is the half I can access can't be accessed again once I leave it unless I fast travel back to one of the beds. 

Devs...any solution please to get my Dino's buried in the cliff out???

Whistle follow all and pray? You should have probably moved your things man. 

They're all locked in metal pens that I can no longer see or access. I can only see their names highlighted through the cliff. Ima try and whistle but had no idea that the devs would not consider areas where structures could have been built and developed around existing teraforms instead. The only reason I can access he current half of my base I think is because I have beds in there. 

This is worse than being wiped.

9 minutes ago, FunnyPoop said:

They're all locked in metal pens that I can no longer see or access. I can only see their names highlighted through the cliff. Ima try and whistle but had no idea that the devs would not consider areas where structures could have been built and developed around existing teraforms instead. The only reason I can access he current half of my base I think is because I have beds in there. 

This is worse than being wiped.

That really sucks, I have a problem from the update but nowhere near as bad.
As of the center update there's now a loading zone in the water right above the east underwater dome, which is where we built pillar towers with a huge base on it. Not only do I sometimes have my game freeze for several seconds while walking around my base, but I also can't place or replace any structures on the tower anymore. If I swim a few feet away the ocean zone loads and I can place structures on the side of the tower closest to it, but if I try to move around or inside my base it despawns the piece of land the pillars are on and stops me from placing structures.

• lilpanda unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived