update PC Primitive+ v1.3 (Released)

Itsr2ghgaming

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Askadiel said:

That is not the right Kibble for the Pelagornis, you can use Dodo Kibble too and you will get an Efficiency of 0% and wait for Hours, useless. There is a Kibble for the Pelagornis and it doenst work, or the P+ Player are not able to cook it, because there is simply no Fish Meat.

It's not the right kibble for the normal Pelagornis, but it's the right kibble in the current (PC) Version of Primitive+.

On 9/28/2016 at 9:04 PM, JonIrenikus said:

Fixing the thing when u can build an armored quetzal that is unhitable through foundations on all sides seems critical to me. When you have a base and one armored quetzal tanks and destroys 500 plants because it cant hit him through the structures and you cant destroy it with flyers because it is inside a structure and is literally unhitable on all sides. It actually seems more critical to me than changing descriptions....

A lot of ppl stopped playing the game because most chinese and asian players on eu servers are using exploits like this and more and are wiping everyone on servers... So you have in peak hours around 20 players on most servers where half of them are asians.... A lot of people would start to play on a new server but we have 3 servers for every mode and map that are mostly empty and controlled by ppl who benefited from exploits like this.

But that's just my opinion.

People can still build on quetzals?

Just asking but how do you guys imagine any server keeping players playing p+ when it always takes 1-2 months to fix stuff to make it even playable? 2 weeks ago Ced said on twitter "early next week". Now we get pc patchnotes, xbox patchnotes ... 2 versionupdates on ark itself ... yet no p+ patch? As we see with the main game anytime when they add new content the are new bugs aswell, but the gamebreaking ones get fixed almost immediately. I fear when p+ gets new content it will be another month waiting for stuff to get fixed. I don't want to come across as impatient, but these timeframes for fixes concern me. I know it's free content, yet i'd be willing to pay for it just so it gets more devtime (bought SE but didn't touch it as i don't like it's fantasy theme). 

17 hours ago, aiky83 said:

Just asking but how do you guys imagine any server keeping players playing p+ when it always takes 1-2 months to fix stuff to make it even playable? 2 weeks ago Ced said on twitter "early next week". Now we get pc patchnotes, xbox patchnotes ... 2 versionupdates on ark itself ... yet no p+ patch? As we see with the main game anytime when they add new content the are new bugs aswell, but the gamebreaking ones get fixed almost immediately. I fear when p+ gets new content it will be another month waiting for stuff to get fixed. I don't want to come across as impatient, but these timeframes for fixes concern me. I know it's free content, yet i'd be willing to pay for it just so it gets more devtime (bought SE but didn't touch it as i don't like it's fantasy theme). 

@aiky83 Be very careful...posts like this got @jimmy noshoes banned...

2 hours ago, Hoseman143 said:

@aiky83 Be very careful...posts like this got @jimmy noshoes banned...

Tbh it would make my decision making easier and save me money. Right now i'm losing money. I'm losing money paying for a server nobody plays on because everyone left. Now you could say bad setup, bad rates etc. First almost everyone lost their base when p+ transitioned from mod to dlc when all the walls etc vanished. Ok we moved on. Everyone was like under the impression that the remaining bugs get fixed and you could actually enjoy plaing again. That was 2 months ago. 2 months! All ppl were gone by the time when everyone realized that ced was put on the SE team. So the whole point why i'm asking this is because i have to make a decision. Which i can only make when the patch hits. Either start anew and hope that people will return or in case of p+ still being broken to shut down the whole thing.

Thing is right now i'm losing money and i don't really like that.

Guest DJRone89
On 29 September 2016 at 4:35 PM, JonIrenikus said:

Ofc but its a problem only in primitive because on normal i can shoot it down with rockets. I understand that he is working on the mod alone and devs are not really gonna help him.

Its a mod so it could still be adjusted only for primitive like decreasing the count of structures built on the platform by 5 and it wouldnt work anymore...

Are you on official because the default setting is not to allow turrets on platform mounts?

14 hours ago, aiky83 said:

Tbh it would make my decision making easier and save me money. Right now i'm losing money. I'm losing money paying for a server nobody plays on because everyone left. Now you could say bad setup, bad rates etc. First almost everyone lost their base when p+ transitioned from mod to dlc when all the walls etc vanished. Ok we moved on. Everyone was like under the impression that the remaining bugs get fixed and you could actually enjoy plaing again. That was 2 months ago. 2 months! All ppl were gone by the time when everyone realized that ced was put on the SE team. So the whole point why i'm asking this is because i have to make a decision. Which i can only make when the patch hits. Either start anew and hope that people will return or in case of p+ still being broken to shut down the whole thing.

Thing is right now i'm losing money and i don't really like that.

As far as i remember, he stated, that he wont change anything on the Building Parts, because there will be "new Meshes" in the Future. I think, the last few playing on my Server, will stop with it after the next Patch. A pitty, that nothing is made of this Idea.

On 9/30/2016 at 6:52 PM, Askadiel said:

How long will you Guys test ? We testet all Patches within a few Hours.

Its quick to just simply test what is in a patch and broken and have a ton of people reply saying yes to confirm, what takes longer is to fix that which needs to be addressed, then retested by several people to make sure it is indeed fixed.  You still have to keep in mind that one person is working on fixing these issues on a huge DLC and the Primitive plus is a huge DLC.  A total conversion like this takes a little time and sometimes you have to retest to fix other things which are dependent on other files as well which in some cases breaks it again.  I can understand the frustrations of others, I too have a primitive plus server, I was even wiped when the Center updated as well and lost everything and understand all too well.  I too have these very same bugs and more, but I know Ced is working on them and as well eagerly await a patch.  Patience and understanding of the processes is always hard on everyone...sometimes you like myself drive to get something out and overlook sometimes the obvious.  I've done that on projects for clients, you look at something long enough not to see that thing as an issue.  Albeit its different in game design vs what I did/do etc.....but I can understand the concept of time and know that it can take its toll on things, servers, friends, players, etc.

6 hours ago, chevalierknight said:

yeh on xbox. one tribe even has gates on thier platform saddles plz just remove all metal saddles it will stop the abuse any patch you do people will just find away to get around it and build on them

People are going to find work-arounds for anything you come up with.  I don't believe that the solution to this problem is to remove all of the end-game saddles, or the regular dino saddles for that matter.  I realize on PvP it could put a tribe at a disadvantage that someone can fly turrets around and pwn everything...but it would have a tremendous and negative impact on PvE servers.  You might not like what is going on with the platform saddles...but you have the same opportunity they did to get the dino and build the platform for it...

On 10/2/2016 at 6:15 AM, Askadiel said:

As far as i remember, he stated, that he wont change anything on the Building Parts, because there will be "new Meshes" in the Future. I think, the last few playing on my Server, will stop with it after the next Patch. A pitty, that nothing is made of this Idea.

This is new info to me... so Lumber, Adobe, Brick are getting new meshes?  Meaning perhaps they'll look better, snap better and maybe be paintable?  Snap on many of those has been jacked from the get go... especially lumber.  It looks cool, but I refuse to build with it because the snap points are not consistent.

Wonder if Red will port over the meshes and skins for Adobe from Scorched Earth.

4 hours ago, Hoseman143 said:

People are going to find work-arounds for anything you come up with.  I don't believe that the solution to this problem is to remove all of the end-game saddles, or the regular dino saddles for that matter.  I realize on PvP it could put a tribe at a disadvantage that someone can fly turrets around and pwn everything...but it would have a tremendous and negative impact on PvE servers.  You might not like what is going on with the platform saddles...but you have the same opportunity they did to get the dino and build the platform for it...

you all ready cant build turrets on them. its people building gate cages on them recking 100+ plants and any tames with no danager to tame. and just because they cheat im not going to cheat  mum did a better job for me to do that

6 hours ago, chevalierknight said:

you all ready cant build turrets on them. its people building gate cages on them recking 100+ plants and any tames with no danager to tame. and just because they cheat im not going to cheat  mum did a better job for me to do that

While I can understand your frustrations, it isn't cheating, or an exploit to simply use the designed game mechanics in a way the Devs didn't envision.  The platform CAN be built on.  The plants CAN attack other players.  The plants CAN be placed on objects other than the ground.  There is no exploit in combining them and using them in this manner.  Again, go out and grab you a Quetzal, and grow some plants...just like they did.

1 hour ago, Hoseman143 said:

While I can understand your frustrations, it isn't cheating, or an exploit to simply use the designed game mechanics in a way the Devs didn't envision.  The platform CAN be built on.  The plants CAN attack other players.  The plants CAN be placed on objects other than the ground.  There is no exploit in combining them and using them in this manner.  Again, go out and grab you a Quetzal, and grow some plants...just like they did.

im not talking about plants you cant put them on quetzal. we are talking about build cages so quetzal cant take damage and dev do see it as an exploit as i have and anyone can message a gm and they will remove it or even ban repeat offenders  

11 hours ago, chevalierknight said:

im not talking about plants you cant put them on quetzal. we are talking about build cages so quetzal cant take damage and dev do see it as an exploit as i have and anyone can message a gm and they will remove it or even ban repeat offenders  

My mistake, I misread what you said.  So the GM's see this as an exploit and remove the build, and ban the repeat offenders...so you want to get rid of saddles all together because this happens?  Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater...

Archived