Mantis egg is that rare ?

TR-8R

Well, we in turn have 8 females and 3 males in the tribe we are 8 active people a day, which should raise a lot of drop eggs, other eggs have piles, but the Mantis have just one egg per week does not work for them or Oviraptor, while by admin server are set to give an egg as well as other Dinos, so there certainly will be some bug.

• Volunteer Moderator

Mantis is definitely slower on our SE server, and I think the owner had the rates turned up a bit(got to go and take look).

We are a low pop server, so animals go in and out of stasis a lot.

For me, I seem to get most of my Mantis eggs when I first log in or after being a way from the base for a while.  It is almost like the Mantis are working the way the old egg dropping algorithm worked when eggs were first added.

I can understand the drop rate being a bit lower for them, since they would be used on one of the most powerful tames in the game.

As for Ovi boosting, since breeding for insects/arachnids/invertebrates has not been implemented yet, they would probably not impacted by the Ovi either, though I have not tested it myself. 

3 hours ago, JackDragon said:

the worst thing is when a person incubating young dinosaurs, so for them mantis egg kibble very popular, and when a person can not get the imprint useless, thus it makes no sense to spawn young dinos

Sometimes raising a baby is easier then getting everything ready for a high tame. Even if you don't get the imprint bonus you still get the base dino that ALL your tribe can benefit from and not just one rider. 

1 hour ago, GEonWAR said:

I dont think any theory behind egg spawn... It is simple bug from WC team like Giga spawn. Everyone assumed Gigas are rare but they finally fixed after 6+ months. They lied to us "DLC is 100% complete" but like main game, DLC is broken. 

Well, we tested ours and it seemed to work.  We ended up getting 2-3 eggs per day from ours instead of none for the 2-3 days prior.

I actually think the egg laying mechanics are more complex than most people think.  I swear scorpions have been laying more in hot climates since forever and all dinos seem to lay like crazy if they have moved recently which seems like it's something more than they are just coming out of torpor.

The sand thing is interesting. Could it be temperature though, instead of terrain? I only ask because we have one little female mantis, we have our base at blue ob, the mantis is in our new pen all alone, all metal pen, and by herself, we have 6 eggs in three days. No male with her or any other mantis, or any dino for that matter.

2 hours ago, TR-8R said:

I would love to see a pic that confirm the theory about Mantis lay more eggs when place on sand .

Recently i moved the mantis to the dune and built a fort to protect them , but they still rarely lay any egg.

Same bro, Not laying egg in sand. Actually My base is build next to desert and I extended little more towards desert but no luck.  

On 9/29/2016 at 8:34 PM, CriD said:

The sand thing is interesting. Could it be temperature though, instead of terrain? I only ask because we have one little female mantis, we have our base at blue ob, the mantis is in our new pen all alone, all metal pen, and by herself, we have 6 eggs in three days. No male with her or any other mantis, or any dino for that matter.

It very well could be a temperature thing, or even a combination.  When I moved mine out onto sand it also moved them to a higher temp area, so you may be right.  

not sure if intended but mantis egg is really really bad.

and I lost a 24 hour tame today...and I am very stressed out and upset about this :(

wildcard please fix this? so at least I can have proper rest within a month I hope? please please please. 27 hour and waking up every 4 hours to feed narcotics to a rock elemental is no joke. I have work and I cannot expect tribe mates to help because I was the one who got it killed. I ran into a wild level 8 rock elemental and the game froze for a bit then before I know it I can't get my tame to dislodge from that wild and he died :(

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, liviliam79 said:

Didnt you just say you dropped the egg?

you misunderstood that poor english. chronologically (and logically) i think he meant "dropping nearby the egg to steal it" or smth. anyways, if you look @JackDragon post time, you'll notice it's quite old. and yes, there were a few disappearing wyvern egg bugs back then. think it was that the eggs spoiled in the nest and when you picked it up, it would immediately disappear. i had it too a couple of times, but definitely not anymore. pretty sure it was fixed. though now WC has to make a magical act for the eggs that are dropped randomly nearby the trench in the hopes of a fresh egg spawning in the nest. mostly low lvl ones. what people should actually do is just eat them, but whatever. 

that said, wyvs are not mantises so totally irrelevant to this subject. that said 2x, the problem still stands, unless devs confirm the egging configuration to be as it is.

Archived