A Builder's Paradise (PvE)

Agramor

Paradisio, the Builder’s Paradise server, is now open for players.

Why Paradisio?

After extensive hours of play and co-administrating a dedicated server, I’ve come to realize that I and others like me love to build above all other things. I recently brought a character from level 1 to 35 on a fairly vanilla server strictly on harvesting and building, no kills except self defense. Nothing is more rewarding to me than seeing each unique base creation take shape on the Ark landscape.

If you have the builder’s nature, then this server might be what you’re looking for. Generous stat increases for player and tamed dinos, longer days and shorter nights without abolishing that “nighttime glow” look, mods specifically selected for construction.

We promise longevity, friendly administration,and community oriented development.

Where is Paradisio?

63.143.38.134: 27057

WE MOVED! New address 216.245.203.58: 27057 now with extra cluster crunchy goodness!

Update: The hosting company had to change our IP addresses again. The servers are now located at:

69.162.90.142:27063 server 1: Paradisio
69.162.90.142:27060 server 2: DinoWars!

Hosted out of Dallas, TX, PvE only, with 3x to XP / 10x to Tame / 10x to Harvest on the Center map  Now clustered Scorched Earth and The Center maps!

10x to Tame because we’ve all sat next to a beaver for 6 hours waiting for a tame to finish, and frankly there must be better ways to spend server time for family people with a limited and casual playstyle

10x to Gather because hitting a rock over and over and waiting for it to re-spawn seemed fun only the first time around. Doesn’t take a lot of resources to build a shoe box with a smithy, a bed and a mortar; but those beautiful structures that blend with the environment or stand out from sheer prowess take a lot of materials. And when we finish? We build something else!

3x to XP only because with that much gather and tame, the levels will come on their own.

What’s left after building a home or base?

Interactions. Paradisio is looking for like-minded players who love to chat on global, visit each other’s bases, help out with tames or rare materials and overall act like a close knit community.

What mods are currently in use?

We looked for mods that would integrate the most desirable building features in one package. The list isn’t closed, but will suffice for now until the community itself makes some suggestions towards our future. The mods so far are,

Structures Plus - Everything orionsun has put out so far is incredibly useful, both structure and crafting statuons

Castles, Keeps and Forts Architecture – This mod brings in castle construction and multiple looks to the same piece on the radial menu, so you can alter the building to your tastes. The modders are active and it shows great longevity

ecoRPdecor – eco makes wonderful things happen, rounding off our builds with furniture and landscaping. We also use ecoTrees

Bore Water Kit – whiplash’s mod eliminates the need to snake a line from the river up to your mountain base, leaving its unsightly trace on the landscape. Our server being PvE, wrecking someone’s waterline isn’t even an option, so why not?

We’re still looking at raft mods and dino mods for additions to the lineup. Pimp my Dino? Cute Hair? Extended Rafts? We can all decide.

What about Rules?

“Be excellent to one another and party on, dudes!” (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure). As an admin, I’m extremely available and can be reached through steam in case of server outages. Ark is what I do to have fun and relax, so you'll see me in server most of my time off. I’d like to see a community that helps resolve issues and find friendly resolutions. No landscape hoarding of course, no griefing, but my experience with PvE crowds shows they are generally friendly and cooperative folks.

Eventually we’d like to cluster this server with our established, friendly Scorched Earth server (DinoWars!) but are waiting on our hosting provider to settle on that feature.

Hope to see you at Builder’s Paradise

Quite a bit can be done with the new mods, as you can see here with Caer Wolve..

If you're a tamer/breeder and want to join in a tribe of builders, there's already two such at the early stages of building. I'm sure you can find a spot! The crafting stations at Caer Wolve, up on a cliff near the center of South River, are open to the public.Evenings you can hitch a ride there if you can't find it yourself. Next community project will be the Welcome Center and Market, stay tuned.

caer wolve.jpg

If you've tried to log on to the server and notice it seems to be unavailable, perhaps your client is downloading the mods in use. Here's a list with links so you can subscribe to them and downloading before trying to connect:

ecoTrees

Bore Water Kit

Versatile Rafts

ecoRP

Structures Plus

Castles & Keeps

Here's a picture of the newly constructed New Player Welcome Center and Market, providing you some basic tools and materials to make the start a little easier if you so choose. It's on the Jungles South portion of the map, a little inside South River, roughly at coordinates  45.7 Lat / 64.0 Lon (along with the good ship Farsight, under construction)

fore and aft.jpg

Big announcement: two days away from clustering! Our Scorched Earth map, DinoWars, will be clustered with The Center map's Paradisio adding more gameplay to all tribes.

Here's a view of the Weapon Maker's Hut in the Welcome Center / Public Market, where you can find a few metal tools to get your life here started smoothly. This is a good example of what can be done with the server installed mods! The Welcome Center/Market is located a few steps in from the mouth of South River, approximately at 47 / 63

20160929204856_1.jpg

Please note our new server IP address, 216.245.203.58:27057

We've finalized our cluster move (Thanks to wonderful server support from our hosting company, Host Havoc) and now offer a cluster with both the Center map (our Builders' Paradise server) with our old Scorched Earth map (DinoWars! server) allowing our players to experience travel and exchange of items and dinos across both maps.

Congrats on the clustering :D.  I just started using Host Havoc for an Ark cluster (Center and SE), also.  But I can't get the character trans to work at all. Can see the servers from the obs, and drops. But when loading in to the server, I only get create a new character or can download one that was created on that server only.  Any hints on what can be causing this? I rented both servers and paid for the cluster option at the same time.

Ok, mind that I'm completely new to our cluster as well.. I got it to work, here's some details.

1- approaching the Obelisk landed a dino. Used the inventory to upload dinosaur data, uploaded the wyvern I wanted to move to the center, then exited that option

2- selected the transfer button on the top right of the UI screen of the Obi, and transfered the character to my second server

3- to travel back, I needed to approach the obi again and repeat the process- otherwise trying to LOG ON to the other server would cause me to create a new character

4- I happened to cluster 2 servers I already had running, and had characters in both- the first time I traveled I got the option to override the other character. Which meant, a bunch of admin commands to re-own everything, as I was my only tribe member.

caveat- good to keep a flyer as uploaded data on the obi, or you're in for a loooong walk back when you transfer. I forsee some administrative issues with people erroneously leaving their dinos on the obi instead of uploaded, blocking the area. ugh.

Archived