Baby Wyvern help

JordyBhoy1888

No hatched or birthed animal will be at full food as a baby. This will gradually increase to max food rating for an adult once it grows up. Force feeding anything will not raise the food. Just treat the numbers on the far right side of each trait as what the animal will be capable of when they are adults. Health will also be low. this can not be raised to max health either until the baby is an adult. Once you can add enough weight in the inventory to equal 10% of its rated weight as an adult, the animal can then feed off of a trough (not reasonable for a Wyvern since preserving salt doesn't not appear to work in a trough).

Wyvern milk gives 1200 food when eaten. Baby wyverns do not need to be fed for a long time once hatched. If you didn't change the cuddle interval timer, they will likely not be hungry until after their 1st request for care (default usually 3hrs). If the imprint activity is hand-feeding, it WILL count as a feeding and add food points. If it's something like a walk or a cuddle, it likely wont eat until the food has dropped to around 300-400. Force feeding serves no benefit.

In my experience, after the 1st feeding it only becomes hungry enough to eat 1 milk every 2-3 hours. So, 2-3hrs after the last feeding, just throw one in its inventory every so often until it eats it on its own. However, due to their slow hunger you don't necessarily NEED to feed it that often. We only go on milk runs 30min before they want care, on the chance it will want hand-fed the milk. They're usually hungry around then or after so we keep the milk in preserving bins with salt, and it all works out.

• 4 months later...
On 9/24/2016 at 10:43 PM, Fogno said:

Wyvern milk gives 1200 food when eaten. Baby wyverns do not need to be fed for a long time once hatched. If you didn't change the cuddle interval timer, they will likely not be hungry until after their 1st request for care (default usually 3hrs). If the imprint activity is hand-feeding, it WILL count as a feeding and add food points. If it's something like a walk or a cuddle, it likely wont eat until the food has dropped to around 300-400. Force feeding serves no benefit.

In my experience, after the 1st feeding it only becomes hungry enough to eat 1 milk every 2-3 hours. So, 2-3hrs after the last feeding, just throw one in its inventory every so often until it eats it on its own. However, due to their slow hunger you don't necessarily NEED to feed it that often. We only go on milk runs 30min before they want care, on the chance it will want hand-fed the milk. They're usually hungry around then or after so we keep the milk in preserving bins with salt, and it all works out.

Thx so much this is amazingly helpful

@BronzeCJ

yes the equation yes good... i know it like that : food divide by 60 divide by 6...

i have recently raised 5 wyverns at once (fmo raising 5 is the same as raising 1 or 2). all was above level 160

for general calculation for wyvern above lvl 150, the baby wyvern need to be fed every 4 hours in the 1st day... every 6-8 hours 2nd day... 3rd and 4th day more then 12 hours between feeding. thats if you dont mind doing the imprinting tho.

every time i am feeding all together to reset their food timer, so ill have more time.

btw always mind to take X2 milk then needed to do the imprinting.

WH9Ds4F.jpg

6 hours ago, roootman said:

@BronzeCJ

yes the equation yes good... i know it like that : food divide by 60 divide by 6...

i have recently raised 5 wyverns at once (fmo raising 5 is the same as raising 1 or 2). all was above level 160

for general calculation for wyvern above lvl 150, the baby wyvern need to be fed every 4 hours in the 1st day... every 6-8 hours 2nd day... 3rd and 4th day more then 12 hours between feeding. thats if you dont mind doing the imprinting tho.

every time i am feeding all together to reset their food timer, so ill have more time.

btw always mind to take X2 milk then needed to do the imprinting.

WH9Ds4F.jpg

This helps a lot I'm on like 3rdish day doing a 180 poison it's been an adventure lol never solo raised it's a lot of wrk

On 08/02/2017 at 10:32 PM, BadgerOne said:

Generally I find that raising 1 wyvern is barely worth the time as when you go to get milk you end up with 5. So I try to do them in batches of 5 ! if not more sometimes :) just some food for thought

We do this in our tribe we try to get 4 at a time more people doing it the more people can help out and take in turns in getting milk plus we're in different time zones so makes it easier. 

• 10 months later...
On 9/24/2016 at 9:43 PM, Fogno said:

What if it's a 2x event, cuddle intervals go up to 8hrs on official, so does that mean it won't need feeding for 8 hrs?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived