How to make a Dossier live stream.

Shadlos

Hello all. I've been asked time and time again by multiple people, how do I make the dossiers I do, and if I could teach them. Well, I'm very happy to do so, and I have done private livestreams before on teaching people how to make them. This time, I will be doing this once again, but publicly. 28th of September, 8:00pm EST, tune in to my Twitch channel and i'll be showing people how to make dossiers using Metatrox's GIMP version of the Dossier Creator. I'll be creating a new dossier from scratch to show you step-by-step about the dossier creating process.

Now you may be thinking, "why are you doing this now?"

Well, I have a bit of free time, fortunately. That, and I'm actually on an admitted mission. I'm eager to teach people how to do things... but recently one of my "success stories" has turned into my greatest nightmare. A protégé of mine who is constantly featured on the crunch has asked me before for input on how to make dossiers.

The #1 rule of dossiers: Never make an animal on a whim, or just for the sake of adding it to the game.

Always contemplate your idea beforehand. Ask around, let it marinate. Think "how is this going to be unique, or useful?". My protégé has asked for my input on ideas before. I tell him they aren't the best ideas and why, and yet he responds with "ok", and makes them that way anyway. As such his Steam account is flooded with poorly-made dossiers that often are unrealistically OP or have some sort of insane & stupid gimmick to them. I actually now regret teaching him how to make dossiers. Even when I try to be nice to him about his poorly made on-a-whim dossiers, he snaps at me like a maniac, even if I try to help or support him, and teach him what works.

Even some of the hand-drawn dossiers I've seen have profound and great concepts, that i'd love to see fleshed into an "actual" dossier. I'm happy to teach you all, as I've stated. Now here's my Twitch stream, and hope to see you at 8:00PM eastern on the 28!

https://www.twitch.tv/shadlos

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, feel free to let me know here.

Keep on surviving!

Archived