Community Crunch 64, Evolution Events, Naughty or Nice, & Primitive+ Dev Blog!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hello Survivors,

Welcome to your latest edition of the Community Crunch!

ARK: Evolution Event!

large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb1e3459

Starting at 00:00 EST on Saturday the 24th of September, through the weekend the Official ARK Network will be effected by an Evolution Event! Survivors playing this weekend will get to experience the following bonuses:

• 2x Harvesting Rate
  • 2x Taming Rate
  • 2x EXP Rate

So be sure to log in and enjoy the increased rates whilst you can! This is the first time we're running an Evolution Event and we're going to see how it goes, collect your feedback and hopefully in the future we'll have many more fun weekends! 

ARK: SoTF - Naughty or Nice!

large.579f8445d9a42_NaughtyandNice.jpg.3

The special SotF Gamemode known as Naughty or Nice will be making its official return as a new Total Conversion TOMORROW, Saturday September the 24th at 11AM EST! 

We will be hosting a special charity event where survivors will be put to the test in an all out 100 versus 100 battle over the course of 2 and a half hours. The survivors invited to attend the event will feature some of the best SotF players around, winners of previous events, the finalists who competed at ChinaJoy, as well as your favourite streamers, content creators and developers! 

Studio Wildcard will be donating $10,000 to five charities of the winning tribes choosing. The winning team will also be awarded 100$ Steam Gift Cards for their efforts.

large.ARKNaughtyOrNice.jpg.85b3fd0d59ec6
Graph showing the money donated from our previous Naughty or Nice event in December.

It’ll be a truly special elimination battle, so be sure to tune into the live event at www.twitch.tv/survivetheark casted by typeForced! ;) See you there!

Cross ARK Clusters!

A new server has been revealed, this one is everyone’s favourite.. server ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ machine, the Cross ARK Cluster!

large.57e5b1a18e74a_ClusterServers.jpg.0

We’ve just launched some new Official PC and Xbox Servers. These function differently to the regular Official Servers on the ARK Network as they permit complete transferring; of Items, Tames, and Survivors through all 3 maps. We won’t be changing the other Official Servers to follow this behaviour, but are curious to see how these ones play out. Something very important to note is that these new servers are on their own cluster, which means they’re separated from everything else, and can only transfer within each other. To make it clear, you will not be able to move to other Official Servers which exist outside this cluster. 

List of Servers Available:

• NA-CrossARKCluster1-Scorched Earth
    NA-CrossARKCluster1-TheCenter
    NA-CrossARKCluster1-TheIsland
  • NA-XboxCrossArkCluster1-TheIsland
    NA-XboxCrossArkCluster1-TheCenter
    NA-XboxCrossArkCluster1-ScorchedEarth

• EU-XboxCrossArkCluster2-TheIsland
    EU-XboxCrossArkCluster2-TheCenter
    EU-XboxCrossArkCluster2-ScorchedEarth

Things to note about these servers:

• They are completely brand new, so the map is untouched!
  • The server difficulty has been increased to 5.0 across the board, so it will be tougher than the regular experience and higher level creatures are available.
  • They will remain online, and receive updates as other servers do.
  • These are PvP Servers

These servers are available now, so good luck Survivors and let us know what you think about them!

NVIDIA Ansel Photography Contest!

large.Ansel.jpg.683f020687f3fe873c17912d

Super Resolution Version: http://images.nvidia.com/ansel/SuperResolution/ARK-SuperResolution1/ARK__Survival_Evolved_HighRes_2016_09_01_-_14_38_36_55.html

There were 3 potential categories for survivors to enter their shots into and they were the following:

Three Categories

• Super Resolution: These should be taken at 8x Super Resolution. Players can optionally use Depth of Field effects accessible in Spectator mode by pressing the [Delete] key.
  • Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D: These should be taken at 4x Super Resolution,  in 360 Stereoscopic 3D mode. We will crop them to 2D for web display, while also providing the 3D version for viewing within VR display.
  • Freeform: Any settings, whacky and creative use of Ansel filters are encouraged. Adding humorous titles/captions in Photoshop is also acceptable for this category!

Ansel is a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots.  Compose a shot from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share the screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.

And now without further ado, here are your entries!

You’ll want to click on the image title to be able to download the maximum size image, we’ve resized them for display purposes ;)

Super Resolution!

Winners!

Naked Zombo - Don't Trust the Rocks!

large.57e5ee209f9b4_NakedZombo-DontTrust

EXFIB0 - Landscape

large.57e5ee161208d_EXFIB0-Landscape8x.j

Soulyouth - BACK..UP!

large.57e5ee2ba9188_Soulyouth-Back..UP!A

DougDimmadome - Wyvern and Survivor

large.57e5edf979775_DougDimmadome-Wyvern

Honourable Mentions!

EXFIB0 - Lightning Wyvern

large.57e5ee0a2ae95_EXFIB0-LightningWyve

EXFIB0 - River

large.57e5ee10b5a43_EXFIB0-River.jpg.7f2

EXFIB0 - Waterfall

large.57e5ee13d3d8c_EXFIB0-Waterfall.jpg

GamerPerfection - ESCAPE

large.57e5ee191c694_GamerPerfection-ESCA

Jamie Weaver - Blue eyes

large.57e5ee19addc0_JamieWeaver-Blueeyes

NakedZombo - Exploring the Crystal Cave

large.57e5ee232710a_NakedZombo-Exploring

Squidge Meister - Out of Place, Out of Time

large.57e5ee22ece03_OutofPlaceOutofTimeb

Roro - The hunter

large.57e5ee277bc76_Roro-Thehunter.jpg.5

EXFIB0 - Icelands

large.57e5edfea8755_EXFIB0-Icelands8x.jp

EXFIB0 - Lakeside

large.57e5ee015c6bf_EXFIB0-LakesideFreef

EXFIB0 - Little Friend

large.57e5ee0508ef8_EXFIB0-LittleFriendF

EXFIB0 - Redwood River

large.57e5ee0739999_EXFIB0-RedwoodRiverF

EXFIB0 - Redwood Waterfall

large.57e5ee0c0056d_EXFIB0-RedwoodWaterf

EXFIB0 - Rex Bite

large.57e5ee0b6d7d1_EXFIB0-RexBiteFreefo

KISHK0 - Deep Trouble

large.57e5ee1de9e89_KISHKO-DeepTrouble8x

Roro - Fight of the titans

large.57e5ee250c66f_Roro-Fightofthetitan

Roro - Tiger VS Golem

large.57e5ee2c32b74_Roro-TigerVSGolem.jp

Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D!

Winners!

NakedZombo - Crystal Cave 360 Stereo

large.57e5f1d7c1c85_NakedZombo-CrystalCa

EXFIB0 - Lightning Wyvern 2.0 [360 Stereo]

large.57e5f1d1d6fb2_EXFIB0-LightningWyve

Dragost11 - Treasure Buried under big V

large.57e5f1cb9511f_Dragost11-TreasureBu

Honourable Mentions!

Squidge Meister - A Gift From the Gods

large.57e5f1cdcd2f8_AGiftFromtheGodsbySq

EXFIB0 - Lightning Wyvern [360 Stereo]

large.57e5f1cf8eab5_EXFIB0-LightningWyve

KISHK0 - Desert Landscape [360 Stereo]

large.57e5f1d4a131f_KISHK0-DesertLandsca

Freeform!

Winners!

Seggzy - Ansel

large.Seggzy_-_Ansel.png.a95ee022ee3f538

KISHK0 - Bad Joke Plesio

57e5f252b854a_large.KISHKO_-_Bad_Joke_Pl

Christopher Warburton - Ice Artifact

large.57e5f02f4646a_ChristopherWarburton

Honourable Mentions!

Jynn - Self Sacrifice

large.57e5f0361be4b_Jynn-SelfSacrifice20

Squidge Meister - Stranger Arks

large.57e5f05f2aacb_StrangerArksbySquidg

Christopher Warburton - Lava Artifact

large.57e5f030114f9_ChristopherWarburton

Roro - Flying bug

large.Roro_-_Flying_bug.png.c620cde5dcfd

Joe Lally - Nature at it's finest

large.57e5f035691fa_JoeLally-Natureatits

Christopher Warburton - When Fire Meets Ice

large.57e5f03321d96_ChristopherWarburton

Another set of awesome entries, you guys rock! Reminder that this is an ongoing contest, the information to enter will be posted in our weekly Crunch Contest Thread, we're looking forward to what everyone has to share next week! :)

Community Crunch Contests!

ARKitect!

This is an award given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judged based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more!

And without further ado, the ARKitect for Community Crunch 64 is…

Maexch3n and their Seaside Castle!

large.1.jpg.70b92792e78e2bd293aa6bb0aeef

We'd also like to include a runner-up...

Valoule and their sandbox!

20160922200307_1.jpg

ARKVideo!

This contest is open for all types of video be they funny, epic, scenic, stories, whatever inspires you. Just a general reminder that they should remain safe for work, think of the children! 

And without further ado, the ARKVideo for Community Crunch 64 is…

ThickFreedom and their Scorched Earth Cinematic!

We'd also like to include a runner-up, which has some mature language but is very entertaining...

Lame Wolf Productions and THE BOOMERANG MAN!

Thanks for all your entries this week guys! If you'd like to check out the other submissions, you can do so here:

The Center Boss Fight!

large.20160518232700_1.jpg.1ad3c446453e4

Congratulations to TGL and their tribe on NA-TheCenter-580 who have beat both bosses on an Official PVP The Center server! They receive $500 as the first tribe to do so. Well done! Check out their video proof linked below:

Fan Feature!

"STAND DOWN!" A Jurassic ARK Cinematic! by Rewind Forward

Shigo Islands in 4K 60FPS and EPIC Graphics - ARK Workshop Map Showcase by KISHKO

Scorched Earth Map Showcase [4K 60FPS] - ARK: Survival Evolved by EXFIB0

Ark Geographic #1: Jerboa Special by Whitehearth Hall

Ark: Survival Evolved || NEW DIRE BEAR CAVES || THE CENTRE MAP v247 by Squidge Meister

Chip (The Mountain) - Ark Survival Evolved by GramOfMayo

Stealing a Wyvern Egg :) by LEONO
F1720219FB2FB3E3A20761279D35C16DD0D58BD3
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767901588

Two Spino by LEONO
1EAA8CB4D5CB8F30E91DDA2D1B75C2BB79071944
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768122147

Queen Of Lightning by [ᴹsᴳ] Skull Kids9 ☠
A7256C97EB624FBAD425961EF9691EB7700A8F87Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=762393424

Desert Camo Tapejara by Sharkcat
CFD7470EE5DDAC0C13F24CE4925760E59E7B2A85
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768632501

Red Bull Tapejara by Sharkcat
7C99BAEF57C03888AA7B4DB11AFB64AD3A828EDF
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768566523

Pokemon Articuno Archa by Sharkcat
C08810FEFA856D2A47CE2273BE3FDFA63EE05B55
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767252755

Fanmade Dossier: Megamouth by Mega
59055C34752F30648C93AC7C94F38967A1F8D504
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768671302

Fanmade Dossier: Gigantoraptor by Mega
43C32D52D8A67784B3E56D16C586C20D729A9D53
Source: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768205624 

Fanmade Dossier: Uklanos by Mega
3F57C533051EE788A9B8125C84AC063D60A9745C
Source: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/257092990914096911/43C32D52D8A67784B3E56D16C586C20D729A9D53/

Fanmade Dossier: Sand Puppy by Shadlos
0272DFDC10B6C263A4A9F3A872D179A6FAB64218
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768403780

Fanmade Dossier: Glavenus by Shadlos
A8D6D238EE373E57D8E3677E50CB075176A23391
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768402880

Scorched Earth - A custom map by Exhumed v2
A26E7C979C94BBC29F73CDB0E746FBA9E7D08BE9
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767695178

The Center - A custom map made by Exhumed v5
EEBAAD81359A2194A48E1FB056DC30F71E9C100E
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767697888

Primitive+ Developer Blog!

large.20160508230714_1.jpg.d729d13ffc5f4

Hey Survivors!

I just wanted to stop by and give a quick update on the status of Primitive Plus.  Over the past week, there has been a great deal of progress made:

• Primitive Plus QA Team:  There has always been a QA team to help out with Primitive+ but not one strictly dedicated to the ongoing development of Primitive+.  I am happy to announce we have a team made up from passionate members of the community that are actively reporting bugs and testing new build content before it hits you.  One of the points of feedback I’ve received is having more thorough QA on new builds to try and flesh out any apparent issues.  I am confident new builds will be much more stable!
  • Primitive Plus Testing Server:  Prior to this week, most of the testing for Primitive+ was done individually or in very isolated situations.  Having a server where experimental bugs can be tested in a replicable environment is key to diagnosing where the issues are coming from and also helps with the process of fixing issues that pop up.  The testing server will be dedicated to the members of our testing team.  If you are interested in becoming a tester for Primitive+, please see @itsr2ghgaming for information!
  • XBOX: From reports I’m seeing, XBOX needs the most love in terms bugs and functionality.  While it may seem like the priority is PC, I want to reassure you that the things I’m doing for the PC will be incorporated in the XBOX build.  Prior to this week, I was trying to manage two separate versions of Primitive+ additionally making the same changes in both builds.  As you can imagine, that will lead to a confusing mess!  Going forward, the PC changes will be correctly merged to XBOX which should eliminate any chances for more bugs being introduced due to making changes in 2 separate builds.
  • Primitive Plus 1.3: If you’ve been following social media you may notice that there’s been mention of a new build.  There are fixes currently being tested with QA and more things I am in the lab working on.  The goal of this patch is to eliminate any functional or game-changing bugs.  Rather than releasing a lot of smaller patches, it makes more sense to get to a stable point in one leap.  I realize it’s probably taking longer than you’d like but the next build will eliminate anything that’s functional or not working as it’s intended to.  I expect to have this build wrapped up by next week!
  • The Future: Once Primitive+ 1.3 is released, 1.4 will focus on visual and performance improvements.  A lot of the textures and visual appearances of things will be improved and revamped.  At that point, we will move forward with new content (I have lots of ideas I want to incorporate).  I will post some of the ideas off of the drawing board once we get over the bulk of issues.

large.20160508231701_1.jpg.1ddc3e91a86cc

As always, thanks for taking this ride with me.  There are lots of exciting things in the future that I’m sure will enhance your primitive ARK experience even more!

- Ced

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a final note, this weeks ARK Digest will be delayed until this weekend. This weeks is packed with events and we ran a little short on time, sorry about that guys - but you can look forward to it shortly! :)

And that’s it for this post!

As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: www.facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/playark
Imzy: https://www.imzy.com/ark

All the best,
Wildcard Jat, Jen, and the ARK: Survival Evolved Team!

View full article

All I wanted to read was the prim+ stuff, having to load in so much other crap is getting pretty annoying. There's a screenshot secction on the site right??? Shouldn't they just get added there? I guess when you're not answering any questions orso you've gotta fill up the digest somehow but yah, this is the last time i'm checking it cuz there's no longer anything worth reading.  

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, DigitalJoe said:

I still haven't received $50 from last weeks contest as I was a runner up. Have the emails not been sent out yet? 

The process takes time, the email will come don't worry. You'll come to realise not to expect it quickly, just enjoy the fact you won something and sit back and wait.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, EUArkServer said:

All I wanted to read was the prim+ stuff, having to load in so much other crap is getting pretty annoying. There's a screenshot secction on the site right??? Shouldn't they just get added there? I guess when you're not answering any questions orso you've gotta fill up the digest somehow but yah, this is the last time i'm checking it cuz there's no longer anything worth reading.  

Then just use your browser search function for the word prim and it will take you straight there, i.e. avoiding having to scroll.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Mst1Ted said:

You have brought more servers out for SE without telling people the run the risk of losing there survivor through the transfers. Just like me and many others have done.. 

Well to be fair anyone playing on those new SE servers will be starting from scratch anyway as they are in their own cluster. And hopefully the character loss issue will get resolved soon enough.

6 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Then just use your browser search function for the word prim and it will take you straight there, i.e. avoiding having to scroll.

finding it aint the issue, but you try reading a section on a page when it's still loading in so much crap and it's constantly moving the page... . These posts used to be interesting but there's zero substance left in em now.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, EUArkServer said:

finding it aint the issue, but you try reading a section on a page when it's still loading in so much crap and it's constantly moving the page... . These posts used to be interesting but there's zero substance left in em now.

Well Jat has already asked everyone about this exact thing right here: 

Maybe you should respond to that, but at least try and be more polite.

Love the hunter pic but am i the only one getting a predator vibe from that image.

Also can we get some underwater caves on scorched earth please an by that i mean an entire system conecting each water source under the arks to a main underwater cavern deep in the bowels of the earth after all that would then make the scuba gear worth it and not to mention the electric prod as you could add angler's and other water creatures nothing big but maybe something like the dunk or a new sea creature in itself something like a salamander that could swim but be just as happy on land.

In plain old english i need new poop to explore an lets face it the water isnt coming from nowhere so lets be able to travel to the water source maybe even add a new artifact there.

So the Dev Blog went from being a Dev blog to becoming whats next for Primitive + ..... where are the featured mods or new features coming to the devkit or changes..... or even the list of questions the MOD devs gave Complexminded months ago..... 

You guys like when we make amazing mod and even implement it into the Reg Ark but u dont show modders anything from even a feature new mod that a new modder made or even a Q&A for modders....

Modding is what keeps Ark Alive.. and seems like modder questions and changes and request have just been going unanswered even the so call Mod Laison  Went out the door hes quite on the discord and on the forums even when modders ask him questions directly they go unanswered im not talking for myself but what others have been commenting in the modding community.... look at the so called modding contest that was suppose to be announce with this last ark update.... it Vanished .....

I think all we want is a Q&A Answers.... have a huge Q&A for modders like u have for the players that play this game...