Aberration/Ragnarok Cross Cluster (32 slots Each) PVP 24/7 - {ORP} Slightly

cschofie

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Halloween everyone! We will be holding a competition today until 11:59pm American EST. Whoever can gather the most Bone helmets/Trophys by then will win 2 premium points. Chainsaw and Flamethrower here I come! Alpha Rex trophy = 5 points, Alpha raptor helmets = 3 points, and other = 1 point each. To enter please take a picture of your storage box with all the helmets inside and post in the events tab. If your the winner we will have to come in person to verify. If that person lied they will get negative 5 premium points and the next highest amount will get verified until we find a winner!

We have an all new updated website! We also have a renovated Trading post which now includes a FREE resources box and and FREE prize item box. Resources are refilled once daily and Prize items once weekly this includes saddles, weapons, armor, ammo, and much more. If your lucky you'll get to it first.

54 minutes ago, Bobbyflay said:

The community is awesome. admins are responsive and reasonable , rates are on point too, nothing given but high  enough where you can still have a life. 

And they have a pve section for those who want to play within this community. 

And a trading center. whaaaaattt.

Not just a trading center a "Kwik-E-Mart" ;]

On 23.9.2016 at 7:54 PM, cschofie said:

NEW!(PvP Center)*WatchEventsLive!*[ORP]{PvE Area}(Purge!)*Admin Log*[Discord]

24/7 PvP Center Server

** Find more info on our website **

Our website: ArkatrazBros.wix.com/ArkatrazServer

Join the discussion!
Discord: https://discord.gg/8xtYFgs

Please add and message ArkatrazServer to join or find our server in the list "ArkatrazServer".

Welcome to the first bull**** free server were the admins actually play the game and prove it! We have awesome events and attractions. Please remember this is not a crazy boosted server and we have 3X Harvest (Increased harvest health), 2.5X xp, and 6X taming. 

What sets us apart...

Admin logging, PvE area, Awesome events, Offline Raiding Protection, 100% anonymous bounty board, and The Purge.

Rules

No Catapults (Cause server crashes)

No killing or robbing at events

While in the PvE area you must obey all rules posted - Most Punishable Offense   
(We will wipe and ban the entire tribe of anyone involved without hesitation)

No blocking caves or major resource spawns

No excessive structure spamming

Events

Treasure Hunt - Prizes vary

Painted Dino Hunt 

Dino Battle Royale

Gladiator Battle 

Skyscraper Boxing 

Maze Run 

Siege 

Animal Scavenger Hunt 

Doedicurus Skee Ball 

Races

Dodo Battle 

Bigfoot Basketball 

Feces Basketball 

Feces Dodge ball

x6 taming rate is destroying the gameplay. You can perfect-tame with prime meat that way. So eggs / kibbles are no more needed.   So by choosing the wrong rates, your completely changing the game and killing some aspects of the vanilla game.

So for me... x6 taming is crazy boosted because it changes the gameplay heavily.

And catapults do not cause servercrashes at all :) 

Toni, you are not correct in your statement about perfect tames.  You can NOT perfect tame a Dino without kibble. Just look at the taming effectiveness once you start taming with prime. It goes Down!  Can you get a decent tame with Prime?  Hell Yeah...but not perfect!  You will lose at least 3 or 4 levels on even the most easiest of tames.  I can tell you for certainty that most..if not all of our tribes have been using kibble on our server.  Especially for those Dinos they want great stats on.  In fact we have a few tribes that are starting Kibble markets so that other tribes can get kibble for their taming needs.

And yes we are completely killing the pointless grind of a 6 hour tame!  Thank God!  

Also, the other day someone used a catapult on our server and it immediately crashed our server.  It may work for you on other servers but it doesn't on ours.

22 hours ago, Toni said:

x6 taming rate is destroying the gameplay. You can perfect-tame with prime meat that way. So eggs / kibbles are no more needed.   So by choosing the wrong rates, your completely changing the game and killing some aspects of the vanilla game.

So for me... x6 taming is crazy boosted because it changes the gameplay heavily.

And catapults do not cause servercrashes at all :) 

I can't tell if you're intentionally being inaccurate or not. You may be able to tame a weak like, what, 40 Pteranodon?, on prime meat, but you cannot perfect-tame any dino that's actually worth a damn with just prime. Aside from your grossly incorrect claim, your typos drastically reduce your credibility. How can I trust you know how to put stuff into a simple calculator if you don't even know the difference between your and you're? Poor basic English implies poor basic mathematics. It's the internet, learn how not to sound incompetent.

On actual topic, let's take a look at the seven dinos that actually matter:

Quetzal - Anything under 100 isn't worth taming, so let's just look at the minimum of 100. You can either use 16 kibble and tame it in 44 minutes, or use 41 prime meat and tame it in 1:10. Now, using kibble gets you +49 levels, while using prime gets you +47. That's two levels difference, which, if you know more about the game than a garden hose does, is a 5-8% reduction in a stat (depending on what kind of breeding mechanics you're pursuing). That's 480 HP, or 150 Stam, or 30.2 Weight, or 8% Damage for a Quetzal. If you've ever been in any pvp situation, you know that those extra stats can be crucial (we almost lost a 35k hp Quetzal once. It dropped to 274 HP during a raid. You bet your ass I'm glad we kibble tamed it). A 150 Quetz will tame in at 224 on kibble in an hour, vs taming in at 220 in 1:39 on prime. Personally, I hate spending an extra 66% on taming something just to "save on the kibble", especially when I have a Quetz trapped/downed and I have to travel to get that prime (multiple times, since even with 5x spoil rates, prime only lasts about 45-50 minutes). You're also losing 4 levels, which is a bigger percentage loss (assume that a "good" stat has 38 points in it post tame, you lost 4 of those points, that's a 10.5% loss in stats). I'm not sure why you'd take that 10% hit.

Rex - Since Rexes (and Argents, Beavers, Ankylos, Doedics) and high levels are so common on the Center, the only ones actually worth taming are 145s/150s. Anything less than that is not worth taming or breeding because it will easily fall to any dino who belongs to a tribe that has even the remotest idea of how to play this game. A 145 Rex takes 11 kibble (35 minutes) or 28 prime (56 minutes). On a place like Lava Island, that 21 minutes can be the difference between an untouched tame and an attacked tame. I'm assuming that, since you don't even know the significance of the losses of prime vs kibble taming (even on 6x), you don't know how to protect a downed dino, so this is especially important to you. A 145 tames in at 214 on prime, 217 on kibble. That's three levels, which you can deduce (hopefully) the significance of based on the Quetzal explanation above. A 150 tames in at 222/224 on prime/kibble respectively. Two levels, which still makes a big difference, especially when you use the dinos for something other than running train over predictable wild dino AI. There's a reason that on the last server I played on, one of our Rexes was able to take out 63 tames simultaneously, alone, before it died (only because it got stuck in a corner).

Argent - 214/217 or 222/224 on prime/kibble, see above. Stam comes especially in handy when you have/need a speed/war argent.

Beaver - A 145 beaver takes 2 hours on vegetables and tames in at 211, as opposed to 25 minutes on kibble and coming in at 217. That's six levels difference. A 150 takes 2:08/29 minutes on vegetables/kibble and comes in at 218/224, which is not only a huge time save, but a large narcotic save as well. Let's not even talk about taming the Gallimimus and the narcotic drain they require, even if you bother to get Dimetrodons, which require Quetzal kibble and drain torpor like a beast as well.

Ankylo - 145, 2:05 on vegetables, 26 minutes on kibble, 211 vs 217. For a 150, 2:08 on vegetables vs 26 minutes on kibble, 218 vs 224.

Doedic - 145, 2:10 on vegetables, 26 minutes on kibble, 211 vs 217 (plus narcotics, where if you use kibble, no narcotics required). For a 150, 2:13 on vegetables, 29 minutes on kibble, 218 vs 224.

Giga - Since Gigas are also fairly common on the Center, we'll assume that anything under, say, a 50 isn't worth a damn. This isn't the island, you don't tame every level 15 Giga you see. If you do, you end up getting Gigas that have like 60% melee damage, 25.4k hp, and 402 stam. This is the only decent dino that's the same tame-out on prime as it is with kibble (at level 50). However, you spend an extra 50% of time taming it on prime than kibble, so that's just risky in and of itself, especially considering the value of a perfect tamed Giga. A 150 Giga loses 3 levels when prime tamed instead of kibble tamed, which is a huge difference (15% damage? Fucking yes please I'll take that). Let's not even talk about the narcotics on these champs.

I could get into water dinos too, but I think this post gets the point across. The only aspect of the game that's being killed is the grossly inflated timers/numbers that Wild Card seems to think makes something "hard" or adds some sort of longevity to their game. It does not change the gameplay heavily. It just eliminates the need to sit and guard a downed tame for three hours. A dinosaur taming on kibble should not take more than an hour. Once you get a real job and have to work eight hours a day, you don't want to spend all of your remaining free time sitting next to an unconscious dino waiting for its food to drop.

12 hours ago, DoJoStarfox said:

1x taming speed almost completely destroys the entire game... 

Also are dino and character downloads enabled?

Yes, 1X taming speed does ruin the game. Not sure why you would bring up such a topic. We have 6X taming if you were to READ the post you would see that. 

No, we don't allow downloads because people will be bringing level 1,000,000 Gigas from their single player. 

I said tht because of toni's comment.

You can only transfer to same type server.. player dedi to player dedi, official to official.. and so? just have an admin kill it and ban if they do it again. Alot of people are looking for a decent centre or island server to bring their scorched earth dinos too, wyverns are the best addition to the game.. and golems aren't far off.

21 hours ago, DoJoStarfox said:

I said tht because of toni's comment.

You can only transfer to same type server.. player dedi to player dedi, official to official.. and so? just have an admin kill it and ban if they do it again. Alot of people are looking for a decent centre or island server to bring their scorched earth dinos too, wyverns are the best addition to the game.. and golems aren't far off.

Alright should have added you back awhile ago but if not let us know.

@DoJoStarfox We have a dragon egg hunt event where we have hidden eggs in caves and dragons protecting them. We need to test a few things before we do that because it can cause server issues.

Archived