Giga-proofing our base. How is it done on P+?

Irk

It is challenging for sure a reason my main primitive plus location is on the Redwoods (The Center), very few alphas, no gigas as of yet, lots of bears, terror birds though and yes the most damaging, the titanosaur, but no location is safe with those who have lots of time and patience on their side Hermit island is most likely the only true 100 percent safe place on the Center.  Kiting is not bannable which on PVE its rough and to add primitive plus on top is really rough, but its primitive.

It it was me, I would put pillar structures in front around my base like a first wall of defence, metal spikes with plant x just behind those pillars, use high points to your advantage to distract the giga's attention before the first line of d-fence.  Then add a two layer wall around the base, with your most important dino's in a barn and not near a wall.  If you have enough plant species X, and layers of walls, you might be able to kill it before it can break through.  Best of luck, of course its only a suggestion of ideas.  Let us know how it works out.

However if you don't have an issue with one or two that naturally spawn and does not wreck what you have, does another kited make a difference?  Just a thought

My server is plagued with kiters too... But my base is not. Behemoth gates surround my perimeter. I would suggest NOT using spikes or plants though as they will agro the animal to your base and give them reason to attack your walls. A kited dino is pretty much  passive to your structures until it is damaged by, you or your defenses. I've had a tribe kite a titan to my base, it sat outside until it despawned. If I had spiked walls for it to walk into it would have ripped my walls down. 

Inside my walls are a different story. The inside of the walls are lined with spikes an plants. I have7 gigas, 5 brontos and a pack of patroling direwolves set to neutral. I've been on SE, just log onto the island to feed and reset timers, this set up has kept my base and dinos safe for a month so when I'm ready to port my dragons over I have a base to port them to...lol

• 2 weeks later...

i would suggest you get them first they wanna play PvE like PvP then get them first. drag a giga to their base every time you find one. if that dont work find a way to make a quetz platform you can pick up a giga or alpha rex with and drop it in their base (seen a post that said you can pick up gigas and titans but not sure on the build cant find any how to on it yet)............. sorry you just gotta beat a troll at their own game.

Another idea is simply kite some wild dinosaurs to the outskirts of your perimeter, etc..    Since we know a kited giga loves to stop and chomp on everything try to give them a trail to follow to the water area.   I know it's a long shot and not that great of an idea, but I've seen how an effective meal trail will work.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2016 at 6:44 AM, ViolentByDesi9n said:

Metal behemoth gates or metal Dino gates surrounding your base.   Gigas can't damage metal so you will be fine if they do manage to kite one to your base .. Also you could alternately preemptively kite one into their base , if you know they are planning on doing the same to you then it will be smart to jump ahead and hit them before they can do the same to you .. 

Edit - I just noticed it said primitive + so metal isn't a option for you , my advice then is kite one to them first .. 

You're posting in the primitive + section.  Why on earth would you come all the way here to respond when you're not even playing there.

Id suggest stocking up on Flame arrows and building a Ballista in areas that might be attacked.  Also using Stone Pillars spaced well to slow a Giga progression allowing you to pick it off before it reaches walls. Also have a run of Plant x (turned to attack player only) which you can switch to WILD if you are attacked by the giga.  Giant Bear trap will also hold a Giga

Is Secluded Island occupied in your server? If not, I'd recommend making another base there. It's the only truly safe place on the Center map. Nothing ever spawns there, its far enough from the land with deep waters full of megalodons, so kiting a giga isn't possible as it swims very slowly and it'll be eaten in the halfway. It's rather close to redwood as well, so you can quickly carry resources from your redwood base to build on the island. Also, the island is completely flat and relatively large, so you can build whatever you like without worrying about running out of space.

• 3 weeks later...

Base location is as important as what you place down. IE, building in a place with only one or two ramp entrances makes it far easier and less costly than building in a place where you'd have to surround the entire base with spikes instead of just two entrances. Rows of metal spiked walls are a serious pain to go through, so don't be afraid to put up 3-4 rows completely across the paths up to your base - they are fairly cheap to make and you can quickly rebuild them if you need to transport dinos up or even for when you log off, leave no gaps.

Honestly I fear Quetz more than Giga's. They are far more OP being able to completely bypass spikes, easily tank/chomp down species X, and then they can just pick into the walls/doors. Every time I get wiped these days it's by Air/Quetz. Those damn things need a massive HP nerf or we need specialized anti-air type of defenses. I would absolutely love for prim+ to actually require sieging and using the siege weapons to clear a path in instead of just flying in with some quetz and wiping out every species X without a care in the world.

Gigas are great when you get in to their tames but you actually have to get their first (clearing a path in with explosives/siege), Quetz are just OP pieces of crap with too much utility and power on Prim. 

Archived