Giga-proofing our base. How is it done on P+?

Irk

We've got server trolls that claim they aren't server trolls. Unfortunately for them, one of the people in their tribe streams to Twitch. Long story short, we flew over their base while looking for a ptera and it has them up in arms. Yes, all we did was literally fly over their base, pause for a second to pull out a spyglass and check the level for a ptera, and they're super upset because we're "in their space". This is also on a PvE server; the streamer says that "someone seriously tried to rip her off of her ptera mid-flight". We were blamed for that for some reason. They've also threatened to come "tranq us". Again, this is PvE.

We're not at all worried about that stuff. We know that unless we accept a tribe war they really aren't going to do anything. What we are worried about, however, is them dragging giga's to our base. We've built close to giga spawns on the Center (southwestern shore) and managed to put up a large wall. Our wall alternates between 4 to 5 stone walls high. Most of our dino's are in a six story brick pen, except for rex's, bronto's and diplo's. Either way, these dinosaur's are roughly six foundations away from our walls. Two of their tribe members are self-proclaimed "assassins" (they basically grief players by dragging things to their base) and on the stream, one of them mentioned that we'll know it was them once they drag a giga to our base. They've already been planning to do this for no reason other than we keep to ourselves and they're "unsure of our intentions on the server" (literally their words).

With that said, what can we do on P+ to "giga-proof" our base? We keep our dino's on passive so our dino's don't run to attack a giga if someone drags one to our wall. We've built a wall that's four to five walls high. We're debating the use of Plant X since we're afraid that it'll just agitate gigas and cause them to just do more damage.

Any tips/help would be appreciated.

Metal behemoth gates or metal Dino gates surrounding your base.   Gigas can't damage metal so you will be fine if they do manage to kite one to your base .. Also you could alternately preemptively kite one into their base , if you know they are planning on doing the same to you then it will be smart to jump ahead and hit them before they can do the same to you .. 

Edit - I just noticed it said primitive + so metal isn't a option for you , my advice then is kite one to them first .. 

That's not cool!  Tough spot my friend. I'd move our base if i was in that position. (If no support from admins) I play PVE as well on a couple different dedicated servers with a good group of people. I would never build my base near Giga spawn tho  

Sadly I've had to move my base before as well. If you have a good group of people it usually makes it easy to rebuild. I've always been in admin tribes or friends with admins. They'd get a swift kick! Goodluck 

1 hour ago, Crash said:

That's not cool!  Tough spot my friend. I'd move our base if i was in that position. (If no support from admins) I play PVE as well on a couple different dedicated servers with a good group of people. I would never build my base near Giga spawn tho  

Sadly I've had to move my base before as well. If you have a good group of people it usually makes it easy to rebuild. I've always been in admin tribes or friends with admins. They'd get a swift kick! Goodluck 

We don't have any issues with the one or two giga's that spawn near us per week. We kite them out in to the water and let them drown. They're not THAT bad of an issue until players like this turn them in to an issue.

Kevan is right though. It is a bannable offense as it's considered harassment. My ticket has already been submitted and received. Let's see how this goes. =)

you can make brick behemoth gateways that are treated as metal tier. Unfortunately there is no brick gate so the giga will be able to break through the gate. You might want to try overlapping the gateways, starting each gateway in the center of another. That way even if the giga breaks down your gate it still can't fit through your gateway. Only problem is that neither can your own large dinos, experiment with placement and you could get a gap big enough for a rex but too small for a giga, anytime you need to get a bronto or giga out you'll need to demolish a gateway.

On my PRIM+ server, the Alpha tribe built on north jungle. He built at the TOP of the highest possible place while also having the ability to walk land dinos up there. There are sets and sets of behemoth stone walls along the way, and rows of x species inbetween each. It literally makes an attempt to get to their base by land, let alone attempt to lead a giga up there- quickly -one hell of a trip.Its partially a maze to get up there anyway, and the landbridge to the upper area proves enough for a wild, lured giga to fall off far too easily.

This is also PVP =)

Point being- they chose a GREAT spot to build- So to be entirely Giga proof- you'll need to do the same since really, aside from 30+ Xpecies to ensure the giga will die after ten years, given theres enough fert, and because you cant build metal walls, spikes, or pillars, theres really nothing else you can do other than to utilize the landscape to your advantage.  We have two bases on our prim+ server, and while one is entirely exposed to being demolished By Hilary Clintons Giga face, the other is just a flier base behind the new waterfall where they modified the new Center land update.

On 9/28/2016 at 8:41 AM, IrishEvilMonkey said:

Make your walls from brick,  gigas don't damage brick,  at least tamed ones don't. 

14 hours ago, GulliverFoyle said:

sadly they can still eat the foundations out from under the walls

Wild giga's can't damage brick either. I ended up testing this with a little raft and some brick walls. As GulliverFoyle pointed out though, they can damage the foundations themselves. I'm hoping that high walls makes the damage to the foundations they sit on very minimal. 

I reported the tribe(s) on my server. I mentioned that these players kite alphas and gigas to other players' bases and even provided a video with evidence. Their response?

As a fellow survivor, I know how frustrating this is and how much time, effort, and love goes into each base and tame. Being a mature rated, survival game where dinos can wandering into a base at any time, we advise players to build taller reinforced walls in order to prevent this from happening.

So I guess @perk8504 was right in that it's a non-punishable offense now. This is a double edged sword in that it opens up the option of my tribe doing the same in retaliation if they try, which we don't want to do as we'd rather just go to war, but they wouldn't want to considering our giga will make short work of 99% of their tames. But it also means that players can continue harassing others without any consequence.

Be safe, folks. And remember, (I guess...) taller reinforced walls keep the trolls out!

Archived