ARK: Weekends Evolved... going to be a regular thing?

Mystalias

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, mleii said:

So for us folks who play local single player on the Xbox, what would be the equivalent settings to get this?  I like to keep things at the defaults so I get the same type of play as the official servers, but I like to play alone for now.   But since it's on official I won't feel so bad for changing this for 2 days this weekend.  LOL

Well it's 2x default setting.

So if it's XP it would be 2.0, if it's Resources it would be 2.0 and if it's taming it would be 0.5.

Edit: Hang on, taming might be 2.0. I get confused, it is speed of taming, so not sure if it goes 2.0 or 0.5.

2 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Yes that's right actually. Put in 2.0 for taming. I was getting mixed up with other settings. Can be confusing sometimes.

Hey now!  I'm even more confused.  LOL  Guess I'll have to test it out on an easy tame first.   Please, please bring back the emoticons, so I don't look like I'm a jerk with my sarcasm.  LOL

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, mleii said:

Hey now!  I'm even more confused.  LOL  Guess I'll have to test it out on an easy tame first.   Please, please bring back the emoticons, so I don't look like I'm a jerk with my sarcasm.  LOL

No need to be confused, I can confirm taming would be 2.0. I currently have it on 8.0 for fast taming lol.

8 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

we did a 116 anky on SE the other night--over 5 hours--:(--but he's a beast now, so its worth it.

this is awesome for Officials!! nice promo WC!

Yea, I like se, but without some form of kibble for vanilla dinos, I won't tame anything. Heck I have the DLC but I only bring back are whips, fire arrows and jerboas. 

You hush your mouth! They are freaking cute....idc who you are, they are cute

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

without some form of kibble for vanilla dinos, I won't tame anything.

i can understand that...we dont really mind tho

9 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

idc who you are, they are cute

Jerboaz are awesome--we have so many we cant really walk around inside the main house anymore

Rates should be like this normally to be honest. I've put lots on hours into Official PVP 179 and seriously, since I started a full-time job, I can't sit 4-5 hours taming stuff anymore. Also, new players choose Unofficial over Official because of the 1x rates. I think better rates overall would make the server I play on, and other official PVP servers popular again. But overall, it's a good initiative from ARK devs to give us this and if they don't wanna change rates, I will eventually go on to unofficial myself since official PVP servers are so dead I can walk around without weaponry and no one attacks me. Official PVP is far more PVE than PVE servers as of now.. I will be taming a new 100+ pteranodon this weekend tho since mine died thanks to ceiling clipping glitches.  

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

Meant to say 'Rex' in my example.  Doh!

oh 120 rex, where art thou? i have seen 2, ever on my server--first one had a strange fascination regarding my metal spikes, second one thought he could eat a pack of like 8-9 mammoths---needless to say i have not had the chance to try and tame onexD would be thrilled with a 177!!

Archived