not allowed to download that character onto this server. failed

fakhrichahed

I have a lvl 50 survivor (EU_PVE) and i wanted to change server.
I went to the obelisk ,went through the UI but couldnt find the "upload character data" button.
Found a button called transfer to another ark but when i opened it there were only scorched earth servers. (don't have the DLC)
I selected one of them and clicked transfer with survivor.
a pop up steam window opened the scorched earth page to buy it. I returned to the main menu without buying it.
Went to another PVE server and clicked on download character and found my old character data there but when i clicked on download character data a little message opened saying "not allowed to download that character onto this server. failed"
Now my old character is stuck between servers and i cant play with it on any server including my old server.

Help please ?

2016-09-22 16_14_26-ARK_ Survival Evolved.jpg

User error, the only servers that show up at the obelisks is scorched earth server, to move you're character data to another official server being the island or the center, you have to travel to scorched earth, go to another obelisk then go to w/e server you want, although I have not tried this, I have only been to SE and back to my original server but I have done it around 50 times with no issues so far.

55 minutes ago, fakhrichahed said:

So basically I won't get character back untill i spend 20$ on a add on i don't even want because i clicked on a highlighted button in the game ?

That's the fanciest scam i have ever witnessed

The cross ark transfer is currently an experimental process between Scorched Earth and TheIsland map (apparently, The Center as well on returning from Scorched Earth). Once the kinks are worked out, this stands a chance of being expanded to cross arks in all official maps on official servers(that are not total conversions - aka Primitive plus) without having to use Scorched Earth. 

On unofficial servers, those Survivors running a server with Scorched Earth and a server with TheIsland (or maybe the Center map) can link the two servers for ark transfers. Both servers need to be up and running.

Since you did not finish a transfer, your character data might have loaded up as if you were intending on uploading a character on servers that allow character upload/download. Since you are on a server that does not directly allow that, you character appears to be in limbo. Even if you bought the dlc, it sounds like the cross ark process has been interrupted and possibly has your character stuck. You might have found a unintentional bug. 

I recommend that you submit a ticket for support here. Be as detailed as possible of what happened and suspect that the process actually loaded up and is holding your character in the Obelisk. Expect a delay of a few days to a week since this experimental process has caused other issue resulting in a large ticket submission. WildCard will get back to you to set up a meet-up time and can re-download your character to the server that you were playing on before this issue (since the official server does not allow non-admin character / dino downloads).    

good luck and have a great day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have Scorched earth. Today I wanted to switch from Island server 283 to Scorched earth 706 and flew to the green obelisk. I was able to choose a bed for spawn. After this I got a failure message that my character isn´t able to transfer( not sure about the exact words). I got the create a new player screen. I logged out to see if I´m still on 283, but same new player thing. I clicked on download existing character, but list is empty. Same on 706: no character entry. I submitted a ticket about this, but maybe you have an idea what I haven´t tried out yet

Archived