ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

9 hours ago, Ike24 said:

Could you add an air thinning affect, the higher you are the harder it is to breath. Way to resist this is to increase fortitude. I think this would add a cool aspect to the game and add another use for fortitude

Good idea with the air thinning effect, but wouldn't you increase oxygen instead? 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the explorer notes are left by survivors from many different cultures and time periods what if their was the possibility of getting unique skins for say doing some sort of quest associated with the notes. For instance for a Japanese survivor we could get a samurai armor skin or for the British Rockwell guy a redcoat suit. This would add some cool fashion choices especially if they were dye able.

Thinking about the AI. would it be possible for them to do autonomous farming? For instance my thoughts are for a ankylosaurus to be able to gather within a certain radius and also be able to have a gigantopithecus pick up what they gather and put it into a container like a nearby vault, or possibly to be placed in a quetzal which will then fly back to base to another waiting gigantopithecus to place it in a vault. This would allow for offline farming which I feel would be universally beneficial. Would it be possible for AI autonomy to be advanced as I describe?  

12 hours ago, TheMeatSpot said:

I LOVE ark and everything about it... Except tame times on official servers. 1. Is there any chance we may see a level up stat button for "animal affinity" that decreases tame time for a player? The idea would be that the player becomes dependant on his animals instead of his own HP, Melee Damage, etc if he/chose to play that way.

2. Similarly, it would be fun to have tools and weapons that are stat specific (I.e a battle axe that requires 160% carry capacity and 160% melee damage before you can even use the weapon. or a throwing knife that requires a higher level of speed) I think it would create a greater sense of tribe roles and give players the opportunity to make their character unique. Let me know what you think, devs!

+1

can we please get some manner of per dino rebalancing? sometimes I don't agree with changes you guys make on the dino balancing(don't get me wrong your game is fantastic) but from time to time id like to rebalance gigas separately from sabertooths and whatnot, would be great for us server hosts, especially on our xbox servers too

Good news everyone ,some question:

1) any chance to see a smart management of energy production when a wind turbine and a generator are in the same network ? would be great to minimize gasoline consumption and for future implementation.

2) news about underwater sealed base ? coming with the tek tier ? are you working on it currently ? similar to subnautica design or something else ?

3) can you do a small preview of what's coming next ? if the bee dossier was revealed can we expect some change on maps ? the latest devkit show us wolfs den, nest ? can we see more "group" insect like termite or/and a titanomiya revamp to follow the bees implementation ?

4) how the teleporter will works ? will he coming with a new generator ? like in fallout, a generator produce a fixe amount of energy so if you consume more than it production you need to place another one to follow your need, will you do the same ?

5)the ocean expansion ? so, what's it ? it's free of course ? ^^

6)more info about the future mode "ascension" ?

7)we will have plasma or energy related weaponry, but make NUCLEAR launcher !!!! (or plasma launcher, i'm fine with it)

8)Where can we find element ?

9) when the tek tier's COMING ? ETA ? HYPE ! (but, .... underwater ?)

10) that's all, thanks in advance !

Alright, I don't know how often this might be requested but I wanted this for quite a bit. I play on the Xbox version on Ark and Absolutely love the game, but recently I have been going on the workshop and seeing all of the mods available and I see that heightened stack mods are usually up there in the top 20s. Now I'm sure i can go ahead and talk about all the stuff that others really would like to see implemented such as annunaki, but honestly I would like a core feature that allows you to edit stack size and weight that would make me and I'm sure plenty others really happy to see

2 minutes ago, Inky said:

Alright, I don't know how often this might be requested but I wanted this for quite a bit. I play on the Xbox version on Ark and Absolutely love the game, but recently I have been going on the workshop and seeing all of the mods available and I see that heightened stack mods are usually up there in the top 20s. Now I'm sure i can go ahead and talk about all the stuff that others really would like to see implemented such as annunaki, but honestly I would like a core feature that allows you to edit stack size and weight that would make me and I'm sure plenty others really happy to see

This this this 1 million times. This is extremely needed for people who play on high resource sizes

Hello,

Five things,

1. Could you please give the new items ID numbers? Having to type the blueprint path of a new item is a huge hassle just to spawn it. (And if you play on Xbox sometimes items blueprints have "illegal characters so that hour long command just disappears ex. bone")

2. Could you assign dino ID numbers to make summoning them through a new command easier? Call it SpawnDinoNum <Dino Number> <SpawnDistance> <SpawnYOffset> <ZOffset> <DinoLevel>  It would make creating dino's a lot easier.

3. Could you make it so a SP map keeps it's own server settings? So for ex. you could lower EggHatchSpeed on Scorched earth but the Island map EggHatchedSpeed would remain the same and not have to be changed each time you switch maps. This will defiantly help for when you add in procedurally generated arks and people decide to have different settings on each map.

4. Could you add a menu button in dino's inventory to show their original tamed stats? (The one's used for breeding) This way we can level up breeding dino's and still have an idea what kind of offspring they will produce, or it will let you compare your old dino to a new one you just found.

5. Could you add the ability to access a shoulder pets inventory while they are attached to you? You could click the reload button twice to do it like the attachments on weapons.

Thank you.

Posted this before, but I think it was after the digest was already out. Anyways, what are your thoughts about adding in Arthropleura Blood as a fuel source? Similar to Angler Gel with a couple of differences though. Most noticeably, instead of a blue glow emanating from a crystal on torches, have a green glow emanating from some sort of shape, perhaps a shape like that, that is caused by a magnet interacting with ferrofluid. The burn time would be greater than sparkpowder, however, slightly less than Angler Gel. Either that or have the burn time be greater than Angler Gel, however, due to the acidic properties of the blood, the use of it will also damage what is burning it slightly.

Can you readjust the insulation values for stone on scorched earth? It's ridiculous that I am overheating in my stone house when it's 47 degrees Fahrenheit and I'm not wearing anything. I understand that you guys wanted stone to be a bad chioce for hot temperatures (which is ridiculous considering that in real life stone is good for both cold and hot environments) but the -1000 insulation factor is extremely unrealistic and very annoying

1. Why Flak armor is as light as cloth armor? Will you address it's weight? It ruins the game balance.

2. Will we get some hardcore primitive+ and hardcore primitive servers on Xbox one? We're waiting for it since day one.:(

3. On hardcore server when owner of the tribe dies no one can change tribe name etc. Can you make it so when owner dies, ownership is passed to admin or highest rank tribe member?

On 21/09/2016 at 8:03 PM, Rapterex said:

Press left joystick

After alot of testing, I see what you meant

Looking down and pulling the left stick back does make you go straight up, but this is not the same as holding right stick in,which has the ability to descend while maintaining forward momentum. The looking down and pulling back on left stick method means that you must stop moving forwards in order to ascend,

And holding in the "toggle sprint" left stick button so it clicks in and remains clicked does not cause the tapejara to rise,

Are we going to see fire being more weaponized in the future? Fire that does burn damage over time to wood/thatch structures, massive damage to metal. Burning and spreading throughout forests, leaving behind burned up trees and bushes. Could we possibly see wildfire natural disasters; and maybe another fire based weapon such as a Molotov Cocktail or Greek Fire Grenade added? 

Would it be possible to get a item more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes other than placing foundations around your base to remove dino spawns from happening inside your perimeter walls?

Maybe very low durability, easily breakable items like statues, totems, fountains, ruins or some other kind of eye candy that will remove spawns from happening in a large area around it. Just yeah, random foundations everywhere to protect tamed dinos that are not in a building from being killed by wild spawns inside your perimeter walls can be a eye sore to what otherwise can look like a pretty cool base. 

Also a second question. It seems foundations are also not blocking wild dino respawns as they use to. Is this intended or a bug? We are now placing almost double the amount of foundations around the yard to stop this and we are still finding some respawns happening inside the perimeter walls.. Huge eyesore...

A while back you stated that you were going to add a metal version of the raft. When do you plan on implementing that? Will it be like the original raft with the ability to build structures on it and, if so, will it have a higher building count with the ability to also build father out that the previous wooden version?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived