ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Is there going to be any mechanics installed for players who want to be completely nomadic, but do not want to use animals with platform saddles? Brontosaurus and Paraceratherium are nice, but I was hoping to play it a bit more old fashion using small storage boxes and tents to wander the deserts of Scorched Earth and the Isle. Perhaps add a fence building that you can place and pickup that will allow you to corral your dinosaurs while you camp in an area.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear WC,

Can you please confirm that we are able to use the difficulty mods on The Center? This has been a quite popular question since we love these difficulty mods, but were told it's hard coded for The Center. Can you confirm this is still hard coded or fixed so we can use these mods and set the DiffilcultyOffset to 1.0? This gives us the options to make the server low/medium/hard and it works great on The Island.

Thank you....Eddie

Are there any plans to provide alternative kibble recipes for the island/center dinos on scorched earth? Currently, many of them require eggs we don't have access to. 

Also, would you consider adding a "general" kibble that wouldn't require eggs at all but would be more effective than prime meat and less effective than their preferred kibble? Perhaps one for carnivores and one for herbivores?

On 9/23/2016 at 0:28 AM, Lowly said:

Thats what tribe ranking is for

Set the things you do not want effected (all dinos in your hatchery) to rank 10 and everything else to 9 and set all players to rank 9

No only things rank 9 and below will be effected by whistle commands

Maybe im doing something wrong here or being admin makes this not matter? Tried it and it still follows to whistle commands. Im guessing its because im a admin in the tribe..

We have quite a few admins in tribe. It would be nice if there was just a straight forward option to disable whistle commands for everyone(even admins) for certain tames.

3 minutes ago, SurvivalArtist said:

Will you release different looks of the map matching with the real time seasons (winter, spring, summer, autumn)? Like you did last winter but you changed it back to the old design quite quickly although it was still winter..it would just give a whole new experience

Intagrated seasons are cool but would limit resources during ceartain seasons and in my opinion make it harder to survive

21 minutes ago, Ike24 said:

Intagrated seasons are cool but would limit resources during ceartain seasons and in my opinion make it harder to survive

why limited ressources? Nooo I just meant that the visual side would make it more appealing. And since we survived that slight temperature increase during the winter wonderland event I think it will not make our (in-game) lives harder.  I would actually prefer a decreased yielding rate from e.g. the berries bc it is just more realistic

I LOVE ark and everything about it... Except tame times on official servers. 1. Is there any chance we may see a level up stat button for "animal affinity" that decreases tame time for a player? The idea would be that the player becomes dependant on his animals instead of his own HP, Melee Damage, etc if he/chose to play that way.

2. Similarly, it would be fun to have tools and weapons that are stat specific (I.e a battle axe that requires 160% carry capacity and 160% melee damage before you can even use the weapon. or a throwing knife that requires a higher level of speed) I think it would create a greater sense of tribe roles and give players the opportunity to make their character unique. Let me know what you think, devs!

1. Is there any chance we may see a level up stat button for "animal affinity" that decreases tame time for a player? The idea would be that the player becomes dependant on his animals instead of his own HP, Melee Damage, etc if he/chose to play that way.

+1

Animal Affinity stat could do much more than just tame times also - it could affect imprinting speed during breeding, give a small bonus to an animal that a player with this stat is riding (maybe stamina or melee), etc. It would make another specialization track for a player - right now the specializations come through engram differences (the builder, the saddle maker, etc.) - this would make a stat based specialization rather than an engram based specialization, and add to the RPG aspect of the game.

9 hours ago, Poseidon888 said:

Are there any plans to provide alternative kibble recipes for the island/center dinos on scorched earth? Currently, many of them require eggs we don't have access to. 

Also, would you consider adding a "general" kibble that wouldn't require eggs at all but would be more effective than prime meat and less effective than their preferred kibble? Perhaps one for carnivores and one for herbivores?

I like the idea of a general kibble, or maybe even a kibble made out of prime or prime cooked meat. 

How about a way to resist being picked from your saddle during PvP moments? Currently, picking players from their mounts is perhaps the most prevalent PvP tactic. Perhaps we can make it more difficult by making something like higher Fortitude give players a certain percentage chance to resist being removed from the saddle by flyers?

Like lots of other people asked, can we have the Archaeopteryx as a shoulder mount? Would really help it in terms of usability. 

So, when we finally get the Boss Wars, is the Manticore also going to become tamable? 

Do you guys see any changes coming to The Island to make it 'match' The Scorched Earth? Something like the ruined arena or the towns buried in the dunes? I know we've got ruins, and they're amazing, but anything larger scale that would add to the lore of Ark? 

What's your overall opinion on flyers and how they change the dynamic of Ark? Beneficial? Detrimental? Just need some tweaking? Any plans in the foreseeable future for them? 

21 hours ago, SeaRex said:

I get your drift, it would be cool to have a legion of Megapiranha to attack an enemy base, and a Titanoboa torpor trap, but I guess it is also logical to have some animals that are too cool to be tamed. There is a mod that allows you to tame the snake though.

They asked when, not if. The titanoboa is confirmed to be tame able in the future, and the megapiranha is tameable in the dossier

On 9/22/2016 at 4:27 PM, FaneBlackwing said:

I asked this like months ago, but I'll ask it again: When will the Titanoboas and Megapiranhas be tameable?

I get your drift, it would be cool to have a legion of Megapiranha to attack an enemy base, and a Titanoboa torpor trap, but I guess it is also logical to have some animals that are too cool to be tamed. There is a mod that allows you to tame the snake though.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived