ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Hello, 

1st- Will be any kind of multi-fertilizing way in the future? Something like throwing fertilizer through pipes and making all the crops conected to the pipe net get some?

2nd- Isnt scorched earth too much populated of carnivores? If I spawn after dying i have to be all the way running escaping from them, compared with the island it is a walk to the park.  I know it has to be more dificult but looks extreme.

Thanks for all your job, you are making a great game. 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got two questions so feel free to answer one or both if you so please. I will make the main points bold for anyone that doesn't want to read this lengthy post. 

1.) I personally love all the new dinos we get and how quickly we get them. I also enjoy very much taming them. However, I also enjoy building in ark and would love to see maybe some options to fix a few issues where structures won't place due to obstruction even though it is barely obstructed. I'd also love to see some more versatile structures such as half walls and half ceilings especially since the introduction of spiral staircases, the half ceilings would be very nice. Behemoth walls and behemoth foundations would be very nice to have to cut down on how many structures are actually placed in an area as well and make larger builds a bit less excruciating to load and build if assume. Also sloped railings would be wonderful. Is any of this possible for the near future, if at all? 

2.) Now that it is fall, or close enough to it, and we are getting further into the grand scheme of ark do we have a more concrete estimate on when we might be getting tek tier? Honestly this is one of the biggest things I am excited for because it gets talked about so much when someone asks a question and tek tier is the best answer.  

I love the new Giant Trapdoors, but would like to ask if you could maybe add an option to press E when placing the giant hatchframes to rotate them?
Currently they can only snap one way, the way you initially built your structure, without an option to rotate them. This is really hindering if you want to make a cool drawbridge or a cool stairway underneath it.

1 hour ago, Reshkrom1153 said:

A sloped roof doesn't allow the house buff (stopping rain from getting in, increasing temperature etc.. Your roof must be a flat one.

Good question/comment, but can you update this bug report thread?  Though that's Xbox, might be a PC version of the bug that's only there.

FWIW I didn't seem to find, at least in the setup I had, that sloped roofs didn't work for the house buff, I did however find other cases where the house buff seemed brokenish.

23 hours ago, Paul080576 said:

I was thinking about how to enhance the role playing aspect.  What if players were allowed to revive or resuscitate or even provide general first aid?  I know if someone drowns they can just respawn and try to find their body to grab their stuff.  It works, but what if the player could be resuscitated right there on the spot by another player?  They wouldn't have to lose their stuff and could continue right from where they left off.  Resuscitation wouldn't be a guarantee though.  It would be based on chance and skill of the person applying the CPR.  The percentage of chance would be based on the "Crafting" level which I suggest renaming to "Focus" instead of "Crafting".  The higher the focus, the more skilled they are at the things they attempt to do such as craft, mine for resources (which will also be based on their level of equipment), and apply medical treatment.  When a person drowns, they would be given the option to respawn or wait for help.  If they chose to wait for help, a 5 min timer would start in which the other players only have 5 minutes to apply medical treatment.  Treatment can be applied like a mini-game similar to fishing.  When fishing, the better the rod the easier the mini-game is.  With medical treatment, the higher the "Focus" the easier the mini-game would be to resuscitate the victim.  If successful, the victim revives and the player providing the aid would receive something in return.  Maybe a lot of XP or an XP buff for a couple min.  Maybe a high level BP.  Don't know..you can figure that out.  Hmmm...I can see this being exploited so maybe not an XP buff as all players would rush to drown themselves to increase XP of tribe members. LOL maybe an achievement to show off that they helped someone in need.  Medical treatment wouldn't just be for drowned victims.  If someone was seriously hurt and didn't have food or a good crafted recipe for an item that provided health or even blood bags, someone else could provide aid using bandages that were crafted with fiber.  The higher the "focus" the better they apply the bandages.  The bandage would provide a large amount of immediate health and then an increased regen buff.  The "focus" would determine the initial amount of health received.  Bandages could be applied to yourself but at a reduced efficiency.  Bandages should also have a high cost to craft. Make them out of fiber and polymer.  To recap; medical aid for drowned victims (mini-game), medical aid for hurt victims can also be applied to yourself at reduced efficiency.  All based on "focus/crafting" points, learned engram (bandages). 

Now RP servers can have a dedicated medic.  Even official servers would have a use for someone that can heal or resuscitate other players.  Definitely be useful in PVP when someone can scream "man down" and someone rush in to aid them.  Maybe even make gun shot wounds survivable if not a head shot.  For example, someone was shot enough that their HP was gone, if it wasn't a head shot, give them an option to respawn or be revived by their medic.  Same mini-game could be applied.  Now they are back in the fight and healing fast.  The medic would be at risk of being shot of course so it would be a good idea to drag the body to cover before administering aid.

I REALLY love the idea of the "Focus" level here.  I would love to see some kind of system implemented with the leveling up that allowed for better mining and looting of the crates.  This would be similar to the perks in 7 Days to Die (Sorry! Not trying to compare, just like the idea) For example, the Quality Joe Perk gives better chance of getting better loot.  Would love something like this that allowed to get better loot at the different crate drops, like blue prints or higher tier weapons.  Thanks for hearing the me out!

When will AI of dinosaurs recieve major improvement roughly?  Currently pathfinding of dinosaurs is really bad and animals do not see they want to go through the rock while escaping for example. Also, they don't have unique daily behaviour, so it feels like they're cars with animal skins on them. I would like to see improvement in this matter, because the world of ARK would become more believable.

Hey Devs! First off, thanks so much for taking the time to look through our questions & comments!  I don't know of any brand/game/company that has listened to their community as much as you do, you are great and I feel like we have a voice in how this awesome game will "evolve"...

I had several ideas that I wanted to share but the one I would really like to see implemented would be a big help for Xbox One Multiplayer Splitscreen.  Right now it is pretty difficult to see the UI and small details in Splitscreen even with the new resolution update.  In addition to that I also feel that because of additional on screen items such as text remove some of the vertical space leaving us with what feels like this very narrow squinty experience.  My thought was to give an option to switch between a horizontal and vertical split screen experience.  That way if there are people that like how it is can keep it that way but others like myself and my wife can switch it to vertical and enjoy the game better that way.  I also feel like this would fit better with your current crafting/inventory UI without having to do a major overhaul on that.  I hope you consider this one!

I had one other thought that I had replied on a previous post by Paul080576:

"I would love to see some kind of system implemented with the leveling up that allowed for better mining and looting of the crates.  This would be similar to the perks in 7 Days to Die (Sorry! Not trying to compare, just like the idea) For example, the Quality Joe Perk gives better chance of getting better loot.  Would love something like this that allowed to get better loot at the different crate drops, like blue prints or higher tier weapons.  Thanks for hearing the me out!"

You guys are great! Keep up the great work!

When ARK gets to a point where it can handle huge amounts of creatures on the screen, will you increase the group spawn size of small pack creatures like the Compy and Titanomyrma? EX: The dossier for the Titanomyrma shows hundreds and thousands of ants completely swarming on a raptor. I would like it for the ants to actually spawn in that number in the future. (currently they only spawn in groups of 5 to 6 which is pretty underwhelming...)

P.S: Id also be cool if there were ant hills that floods out Titanomyrma when the colony is threatened. 

On 9/21/2016 at 0:05 PM, TheBohrokKiller said:

Will there be storms and other weather effects on the island like in scorched earth?

For the halloween event will we see more types of skeleton dinos than only those from last year?

Will there be more wall trophies in the future? It would be really cool to have a trike or mammoth skull on the wall

Will the trike get a charge attack like the woolly rhino?

The Trike is getting a skewer attack soon, but I don't know about a charge. Love the idea about having animal skulls on the wall!

1 minute ago, FaneBlackwing said:

I asked this like months ago, but I'll ask it again: When will the Titanoboas and Megapiranhas be tameable?

I get your drift, it would be cool to have a legion of Megapiranha to attack an enemy base, and a Titanoboa torpor trap, but I guess it is also logical to have some animals that are too cool to be tamed. There is a mod that allows you to tame the snake though.

Just now, SeaRex said:

I get your drift, it would be cool to have a legion of Megapiranha to attack an enemy base, and a Titanoboa torpor trap, but I guess it is also logical to have some animals that are too cool to be tamed. There is a mod that allows you to tame the snake though.

They've been confirmed to be tameable in the future.

Can we get Dev Kit updates in a more timely manner?

Can we have a way to have different age sets of dinos, have different AI settings?   Like babies are friendly... adults.. not so much.

Can we get better communications both on here and in the modding community as we are seeing next to no communications in either area?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived