Introducing the Giant Bee!

Jatheish

9 hours ago, Perrin Aybara said:

What about the Giant Fat Bee sitting in the nest that looks 2-3x bigger then the other bees? (nb4 you say perspective, you can see a drone crawling on the nest directly to the right of the supposed queen)

Edit: Not that I disagree with your assumption that the answer is no. Looking at the size, I would also say the queen will not be able to be ridden.

If you look further down the post you quoted you will notice I said something along the lines of 'screw it'...

9 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Don't bring the disappearing dino salt in here please. We all apologize but come on already just replace said creature and move on. You are just choosing to make a bigger deal out of this than is necessary. 

Sincerely,

An Honest Survivor

What!? So you're just fine with the game being broken and not only that but not being addressed. I myself find this Bee addition ridiculous.  I play on pvp official none of that modded boosted stuff. And can't go out my base without crashing. Can't tame a decent lvl  "archer" because the pelagornis are invisible. Sounds to me like they could work on, or at least address our concerns rather than just showing a new animal that private server survivors can just force tame. Yeah such Hype... 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Rhyme2hot said:

What!? So you're just fine with the game being broken and not only that but not being addressed. I myself find this Bee addition ridiculous.  I play on pvp official none of that modded boosted stuff. And can't go out my base without crashing. Can't tame a decent lvl  "archer" because the pelagornis are invisible. Sounds to me like they could work on, or at least address our concerns rather than just showing a new animal that private server survivors can just force tame. Yeah such Hype... 

Disappearing dinos is not relevant to this thread. Keep that issue to the bugs section only unless you want to receive warnings for hijacking threads and taking them off-topic. This thread is for discussion about the Giant Bee.

10 hours ago, Rotiart said:

That's actually a Myth.

By losing bees, we'd lose all of what, honey and plants that require pollination?

Not a myth, perhaps I was overly general with 'we die' but large portions of us would.
Bees are a rather vital link in the ecosystem right now, and there are not many species that could replace them quickly enough to avoid an ecosystem crash in temperate climates.  We would lose a large proportion of our food crops, and significant biodiversity.  The resulting pressure for resources would inevitably lead to conflict.  We can engineer crops, but there would certainly be an ecosystem crash, bees are currently irreplaceable in the temperate ecosystem.  Humanity may survive it, but it would be at significantly reduced quality of life, and vastly greater chance of severe war and population loss.  It is definitely something to be concerned about. 

10 hours ago, Rotiart said:

The Meat industry would be fine, there's plenty of crops that'd be fine, all in all, I'd say it's worth it to get rid of those goddamn flying stingers.

Then you, my friend, are either extremely bad at maths, or very misinformed.

There is no way that 'getting rid of flying stingers' (bees do not sting unless provoked) is worth ecosystem collapse.  That is just daft lad. 

20 hours ago, Perrin Aybara said:

Edit: Not that I disagree with your assumption that the answer is no. Looking at the size, I would also say the queen will not be able to be ridden.

The moth isn't very big either and appears to be around the same size if not, only slightly bigger, and the dossier's don't always have correct sizes.

Just look at the Megalodon's dossier.

11 hours ago, Rotiart said:

That's actually a Myth.

By losing bees, we'd lose all of what, honey and plants that require pollination?

The Meat industry would be fine, there's plenty of crops that'd be fine, all in all, I'd say it's worth it to get rid of those goddamn flying stingers.

Not exactly, on both sides. Especially when you consider that certain plants would die out, which in turn would cause certain herbivorous animals to die out, which in turn would cause a cause certain carnivorous animals to die out.

By losing bees, it would cause a chain reaction. Just like if you managed to wipe out the entire population of flies or mice, it would cause a chain reaction. Every species is important to the ecosystem, and if one thing were to die out it would cause a chain reaction. You go back in time 2 years and somehow kill every single bee on the planet, and come back to the present, and you'd be surprised at how different the world would be.

I'd say let's not take our chances and try not to make anything go extinct? We've had too many species die out due to human interference.(Though it'd be extremely difficult to eradicate every species of bee on the planet, so...)

Edited by FaneBlackwing

I actually remember seeing a post a long time ago about someone suggesting a giant Bee & quoting them to bring into my own suggestion. I'm glad to see that this creature is now a reality. I can't wait to see it make it's way into the game, it'll be a while, but hopefully it'll be well worth the effort of taming. I'd love to have this just to go around stinging stuff, lol.

17 hours ago, Rotiart said:

That's actually a Myth.

You do realise almost every plant requires pollination? 30% of our crops and 90% of the world's flora. We'd lose so much oxygen you'd need to go around wearing an oxygen mask and air tanks. People in China would literally die out because of the already terrible air quality and now with most plants dying out.

Also like another person said. Losing lots of plants means lots of herbivorous animals die out which means most carnivorous animals die out.

It's quite shocking how our entire earth is held together by these 'flying stingers' (which they rarely do)

19 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Don't bring the disappearing dino salt in here please. We all apologize but come on already just replace said creature and move on. You are just choosing to make a bigger deal out of this than is necessary. 

Sincerely,

An Honest Survivor

I hear ya, and i'm typically not one to do this... but for the first time I'm so completely frustrated.  I have dinos disappearing daily... i'm spending hours each day taming and hatching and losing them every day.  So frustration over this is strong.

The thing is, I want to be really excited about this new bee.  I'm trying.

2 hours ago, Silk said:

I hear ya, and i'm typically not one to do this... but for the first time I'm so completely frustrated.  I have dinos disappearing daily... i'm spending hours each day taming and hatching and losing them every day.  So frustration over this is strong.

The thing is, I want to be really excited about this new bee.  I'm trying.

It is ok bro. That is why I say we all apologize. We all know about the issue, but the game just isn't at a point where the bug can be fixed without it coming back more than likely. Lets just get excited that we are getting SOOOO much content for this amazing game. Other survival games can eat their hearts out. Looking forward to more new bugs( Edit: realized the connotations of what I said lol, and I need to clarify that I mean bugs as in creatures and not bugs as in game bugs. Derp). Need another Giant Spider that doesn't live in caves and is a lot more agile

Edited by UDGxKnight

12 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

It is ok bro. That is why I say we all apologize. We all know about the issue, but the game just isn't at a point where the bug can be fixed without it coming back more than likely. Lets just get excited that we are getting SOOOO much content for this amazing game. Other survival games can eat their hearts out. Looking forward to more new bugs. Need another Giant Spider that doesn't live in caves and is a lot more agile

I'm excited about the the bees but to another spider i say hell no kill them before they lay eggs

18 minutes ago, DemonLordCronos said:

I'm excited about the the bees but to another spider i say hell no kill them before they lay eggs

Lol I just don't like the Araneo. I am thinking a larger spider with a longer/taller leg spread that can climb trees, thinking redwoods biome, It lies in wait on the trees waiting for someone or something to walk into its web trap it lays at the bottom of the tree so i can pounce down on them, the trap could also be lined with a venom that could add torpor. After taming you can lay the traps down to evade chasing predators or perhaps trap some unsuspecting survivor and then kill them. It would be faster and a lot tougher than the Araneo. It wouldn't have the ability to spray webs cuz not all spiders can do that. It could jump really high as well. Basically a combination of a Jumping Spider with a  Trap Door Spider, but it doesn't dig into the ground or transversely they could use the mechanic of the yet to be introduced purlovia which digs into the ground and then make it a true trap door spider with the same abilities.

Edit: The giant bug hype with the new moth, mantis, and now giant bees has me really cooking with ideas for a new spider lol. Giant Bugs both terrify and intrigue me for some unknown reason.

Edited by UDGxKnight

1 minute ago, UDGxKnight said:

Lol I just don't like the Araneo. I am thinking a larger spider with a longer/taller leg spread that can climb trees, thinking redwoods biome, It lies in wait on the trees waiting for someone or something to walk into its web trap it lays at the bottom of the tree so i can pounce down on them, the trap could also be lined with a venom that could add torpor. After taming you can lay the traps down to evade chasing predators or perhaps trap some unsuspecting survivor and then kill them. It would be faster and a lot tougher than the Araneo. It wouldn't have the ability to spray webs cuz not all spiders can do that. It could jump really high as well. Basically a combination of a Jumping Spider with a  Trap Door Spider, but it doesn't dig into the ground or transversely they could use the mechanic of the yet to be introduced purlovia which digs into the ground and then make it a true trap door spider with the same abilities.

I like the idea of trapdoor spider but wish the areno got a buff like climbing walls or a built in web grapple

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic