Windows 10 release?

JuggaloJ740

1 hour ago, powerstuck said:

The +20% performance gains on PC and Windows 10 Play Anywhere feature are two completely separate thing. 

Now, I personally have lost hope for the +20% performance gain update. 

I'm confident it will come, but I also feel like a chunk of folks waiting for it won't actually see the kind of improvement they're expecting from it and will be disappointed.

35 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I'm confident it will come, but I also feel like a chunk of folks waiting for it won't actually see the kind of improvement they're expecting from it and will be disappointed.

Seeing as the 20% is based on upgrading to DX12 I'd say Wildcard is overshooting that Target by a lot. So far the improvements have been more like 5-10% if at all over DX11 for titles that have gone there.

1 hour ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Seeing as the 20% is based on upgrading to DX12 I'd say Wildcard is overshooting that Target by a lot. So far the improvements have been more like 5-10% if at all over DX11 for titles that have gone there.

I feel like with people who have mid-range systems could likely see that type of gain...but but everyone else's gains might just be marginal at best. DX12 in general seems to have under-delivered though.

11 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I feel like with people who have mid-range systems could likely see that type of gain...but but everyone else's gains might just be marginal at best. DX12 in general seems to have under-delivered though.

DX12 is a big change to how the system uses available hardware. It'll likely be years before devs get really good at using it.

Sigh,

Simple questions

(choose one):  Is the single player world data for Ark stored:

1. locally only
  2. locally with cloud back up
  3. cloud only

If the SP data is cloud save (either back-up or cloud-only), has there been any indication that if (or when) (and yes Ranger, I choose that particular wording intentionally) UMP finally gets here, WIN10 boxes will be able to access existing SP worlds, effectively turning them into dedicated server worlds?  If no one has indicated, just say so.

Right now it is possible to turn an SP world into a dedicated or non-dedicated server on XBone by simply choosing to host a server of that type.  The XBone will retrieve the SP world data and treat it a the worlds save for the server.  I have done this a couple of times to allow my son to play on my SP world while under tether.  All I'm asking is if we know whether that will be possible with UMP or whether we will have to start yet another world to take advantage of UMP.

21 minutes ago, electricblooz said:

Sigh,

Simple questions

(choose one):  Is the single player world data for Ark stored:

1. locally only
  2. locally with cloud back up
  3. cloud only

If the SP data is cloud save (either back-up or cloud-only), has there been any indication that if (or when) (and yes Ranger, I choose that particular wording intentionally) UMP finally gets here, WIN10 boxes will be able to access existing SP worlds, effectively turning them into dedicated server worlds?  If no one has indicated, just say so.

Right now it is possible to turn an SP world into a dedicated or non-dedicated server on XBone by simply choosing to host a server of that type.  The XBone will retrieve the SP world data and treat it a the worlds save for the server.  I have done this a couple of times to allow my son to play on my SP world while under tether.  All I'm asking is if we know whether that will be possible with UMP or whether we will have to start yet another world to take advantage of UMP.

SP data is stored locally. Not sure where this cloud crap came from. Servers store their data on the server, SP stores locally, Ark has no cloud infastructure at all.

(in regards to an early post) actually, for the game, it cannot be done that way however....Microsoft has unlocked the coding to have cross play with steam and iirc the first game that can take advantage of this is releasing sometime this fall......however most will not take advantage of that and it's still very much new.

1 hour ago, J0hnnySw1f7 said:

back to the real topic at hand......when is Ark coming to windows store. I play on PC alone, and on xbox with tribe mates. I would like to play on pc with my xbox friends, as i favor the PCs native controls for ark over a controller setup.

WC last official statement was end of this month, but with long certifications right now via xbox it might be next month.....no official word yet and many have asked.  Many are getting frustrated.

1 hour ago, ehuhoser said:

WC last official statement was end of this month, but with long certifications right now via xbox it might be next month.....no official word yet and many have asked.  Many are getting frustrated.

I'd go with their original ETA of December and count yourself lucky if it makes it by then.

Guaranteed their only focus for the next 2 months will be Aberration.

All Xbox save files are stored locally and in the cloud.  You can test this yourself by deleting the save file of a game you don't care about, then load the game and it'll say something about syncing your data which means its downloading your save file back again.  My xbox save file for Recore was there in the windows 10 version as well, if Ark doesn't function the same way I'll be surprised.

4 hours ago, ZephyrusSpring said:

All Xbox save files are stored locally and in the cloud.  You can test this yourself by deleting the save file of a game you don't care about, then load the game and it'll say something about syncing your data which means its downloading your save file back again.  My xbox save file for Recore was there in the windows 10 version as well, if Ark doesn't function the same way I'll be surprised.

That's an Xbox feature, not an ARK feature.

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2017 at 1:48 PM, Madadhalluidh said:

Add me to the group of frustrated and unhappy. I just want to be able to rent a freaking server so my local bunch of coworkers can play. And now its almost 2 months later and nothing.

The good news is, as much s*^t as we all have put up with for this game....it's truly too good to ever fully walk away from.

Archived