Windows 10 release?

JuggaloJ740

2 hours ago, JuggaloJ740 said:

Has there been a date released yet for the launch on Windows 10? I'm looking forward to hosting my own dedicated server without having to use a 2nd Xbox One console.

It's in Wildcards hands as far as I am aware as the Windows 10 play anywhere launched a few days ago with Recore being the first game available.

2 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

It really ain't as bad as the internet likes to think it is. Better UI, nicer aesthetic, multiple desktop spaces, etc. The only thing that it's missing is a better search system, but it's not like the windows 7 search is any better. 

No. it is as bad as everyone says it is. The UI isn't better at all, id argue its much worse and alien, i dont care about aesthetics either. I do care about privacy, I do not want to be force fed ads by my OS either, and I care about functionality, and windows 10 is a downgrade from windows 7 in that category as well.  

Just now, Igloo said:

No. it is as bad as everyone says it is. The UI isn't better at all, id argue its much worse and alien, i dont care about aesthetics either. I do care about privacy, I do not want to be force fed ads by my OS either, and I care about functionality, and windows 10 is a downgrade from windows 7 in that category as well.  

UI is subjective. People will also say that, ubuntu, for instance has kak UI, but then they've never used it. I've never received an ad from windows, (as in genuinely never) and how exactly is Windows 7 more functional?  Give me one thing that it can that Windows 10 can't. 

coming from someone who has used every windows since 3.1, I can honestly say Windows 10 runs the most reliable for me, as well as a smaller footprint on the system.  I have also at one time had Ubuntu on another machine.  I liked it, but it was very basic.  I have seen an small non intrusive add on my machine, but then again, the internet is full of ads so it does not bother me either.  I've only seen the one and it was sort of relevant.  I liked Windows 7, I even liked 8.1 but I did skip the tiles and always went to the desktop.  Windows as a good OS, but to say its a downgrade I don't think so.

2 hours ago, Igloo said:

Honestly don’t have any problems with Windows 10.

7 was good, Vista and 8 were horrible. (ALL iterations of those)

Ppl keep saying 10 is unstable, not my experience.

They say: “b-b-b-b-but, Microsoft is tracking everything you are doing on your computer”

Followed by:

“have you seen my new photos on Facebook, I posted them on Instagram too, and I post everything I do on Twitter every 5 minutes. Have you seen my resumee? It’s on Linkedin for everyone to see! Do you have my email address? No worries, it’s simple, I have a google email address and I use Google Calendar. Btw: do you know these great apps for your smartphone? It’s free to install, and they only want to have access to all the things in your smartphone and be able to sub for expensive texting subscriptions and buy stuff on the internet automatic through that phone.”

^ that: and then they complain about worrying about privacy issues on W10.

Btw: the W10 “spyware” can all be disabled very easily.

And Windows 7 support will stop some day, and then it is either working on a outdated OS, MacOS (lol), or Linux (enjoy trying to get a game running decent).

• 11 months later...

while i can appreciate the discussion on windows 10, that is not the topic. i realize it can be difficult but lets focus people...biggrin.png

OnTopic:
there has been no release date that i am aware of regarding Ark and Win10 PlayAnywhere

Thank you. I'm not playing on my Xbox anymore. Waiting for Windows 10 release to jump back in.

Nope, no specific release date yet just some vague 'aiming for the end of the month!' posts/tweets. It's been delayed by the weather in America (understandable) and given the time that it's taking for MS to certify the first patch (well over a week, seriously?!) since the game went 'retail' I'd guess they're holding things up a bit too. More info:

Nothing more since that as yet. 9 days left of September, here's hoping ;)

5 hours ago, Voidstar said:

Does this apply to pc aswell? the +20% performance on win 10 ?

Most likely the Win 10 and steam(PC) versions will be mostly the same. The Win 10 may have fewer configurable options depending on MS policies. If you already own the steam version of the game there will be no reason to get the Win 10 version unless you are wanting to play with friends that have the Xbox version.

7 minutes ago, DamanWeylin said:

Most likely the Win 10 and steam(PC) versions will be mostly the same. The Win 10 may have fewer configurable options depending on MS policies. If you already own the steam version of the game there will be no reason to get the Win 10 version unless you are wanting to play with friends that have the Xbox version.

oh ok.ty.

23 minutes ago, Pantrajouer said:
On 9/20/2016 at 8:12 PM, JuggaloJ740 said:
Has there been a date released yet for the launch on Windows 10? I'm looking forward to hosting my own dedicated server without having to use a 2nd Xbox One console.

Well I play ark on Windows 10 like 1 year so I dunno what u want.

Win10 UMP, as in the version that will allow Xbox players to host unofficial servers on their PC's that their Xbox can access.

Not the Steam version you have been playing on your win10 box.

1 hour ago, electricblooz said:

to anyone with direct experience.

If you've been running singleplayer on your Xbox, is there anyway to capture the world and player files and move them to a windows 10 box that can be used as a server?

I believe it was asked in the UWP update prior to release (in the re-purposing thread maybe) and the answer was "they weren't sure" unfortunately. Since then though I've seen someone (could have been just related to Play Anywhere in general though rather than ARK) say that you can move around between versions, which given that the game saves are cloud-based was what I hoped would happen. Still... who knows, we'll find out soon I guess!

37 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

I believe it was asked in the UWP update prior to release (in the re-purposing thread maybe) and the answer was "they weren't sure" unfortunately. Since then though I've seen someone (could have been just related to Play Anywhere in general though rather than ARK) say that you can move around between versions, which given that the game saves are cloud-based was what I hoped would happen. Still... who knows, we'll find out soon I guess!

I didn't realize SP files were cloud-based; are we certain about that?

5 hours ago, electricblooz said:

to anyone with direct experience.

If you've been running singleplayer on your Xbox, is there anyway to capture the world and player files and move them to a windows 10 box that can be used as a server?

From my understanding, the Play Anywhere version will allow you to play your Xbox games on Windows 10 (your PC is essentially another Xbox). But no one in an official capacity has indicated if there will be a way to transfer games between the Xbox environment (Play Anywhere) and the Steam Environment.

This has been done on other Play Anywhere titles on the Xbox network, so I don't expect Ark to be treated differently.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, DamanWeylin said:

But no one in an official capacity has indicated if there will be a way to transfer games between the Xbox environment (Play Anywhere) and the Steam Environment.

There will be no ability to play between xbox(Windows 10) and the Steam version of the game. They will be completely separated versions.

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

There will be no ability to play between xbox(Windows 10) and the Steam version of the game. They will be completely separated versions.

That is to be expected, but if you can capture the save file, could you load it in that way? I'm expecting some crafty player to figure it out.

Archived