Server size needs to be upped or there needs to be more options

Every single day I've gotten on this game I try to join a specific server. I can't ever join this specific server because its constantly full. All I see devs adding in are more servers but the problem with that is, if people join a certain server, they aren't going to want to leave that server to join a new one when they've got alot of progress already. So adding in more and more servers isn't going to do much of anything. This is also the same with friends. If your in a server that's constantly full then your friends will never be able to join in. Now I realize there's a non-dedicated server that you can make, but those servers are pretty much pointless since you can't go more then 100 feet away from someone without it stopping you. Being able to make your own dedicated server for you and your friends is pointless unless you have the money laying around to buy a second Xbox one so that your able to play on your own dedicated server. So to fix that, the devs should try there best to make it so you can rent a dedicated server for you and your friends to play on. I personally would rent a server for my friends and I. It would be much better getting in a private rented dedicated server then trying for 1+ hours to get into a specific server that's constantly full.

Earlier this week an article was posted stating Ark Survival had sold 1 Million copies on X Box One.  That means revenue of $ 35 Million dollars was generated. 

They have 400 servers online.  Each server holds between 70 and 78 people ( yes the servers hold more than 70 people all the time ).  So lets split the difference and say each server holds 75 people.  400 X 75 Equals...30,000 people can play at one time. 

1,000,000 minus 30,000 equals 970,000 people left without the ability to play multi-player. 

Add in a few dozen working player hosted servers will account for about 15,000 more players and that leaves approximately 955,000 players who are unable to play online.

So with 35 Million dollars in revenue generated you're telling me they can only afford 400 servers?  What kind of business model is this when you create a game that is created on the idea of multi player and you only allow less than 5 % of the population who bought the game to play online?   Some people bitch and whine and complain and other ask legitimate questions and post genuine concerns and ideas and we hear nothing; we see no replies and we see very little improvement.  Now don't hand me that, this is a preview game nonsense.  We all know the game mechanics fall under this preview game concept but not the server issues. 

Then on top of all of this you don't incorporate a server que?  Who does that? It's 2016 and that is not included??? 

You have a great game, the idea is new and strong and very addictive.  Its different than other games and it is a very fun and enjoyable game to play.

Someone from the company needs to get on the forum or the main web site and post a response to the server issues,  Someone needs to update the community you have suddenly built of 1 million strong and give us some answers.  I don't think that's much to ask of you.   

"It’s important to clarify a statistic in the above quote. Note, the fact that ARK has surpassed over one million downloads does not mean it has actually sold over a million copies on Xbox One. Rather, ARK, being part of Xbox’s Game Preview program, which is essentially the same as Steam’s Early Access, which ARK is also a part of, Xbox users can download ARK for free and try it for a short period of time before buying the game. Again, this doesn’t mean that ARK has sold through one million copies, but the download number is impressive in of itself. "

Copied from the article. They haven't made £35 million dollars... (That's not to say they haven't made a substantial profit)

The devs are fully aware of the issues, Its being worked on, 400 servers for a game that has only been on the xbox one as a preview game probably seemed like plenty. Find a friend and play non-dedicated, or find someone hosting a dedicated server. 

There isn't much else we can do but wait at this point

On 1/3/2016 at 3:07 PM, clmorning said:

Earlier this week an article was posted stating Ark Survival had sold 1 Million copies on X Box One.  That means revenue of $ 35 Million dollars was generated. 

They have 400 servers online.  Each server holds between 70 and 78 people ( yes the servers hold more than 70 people all the time ).  So lets split the difference and say each server holds 75 people.  400 X 75 Equals...30,000 people can play at one time. 

1,000,000 minus 30,000 equals 970,000 people left without the ability to play multi-player. 

Add in a few dozen working player hosted servers will account for about 15,000 more players and that leaves approximately 955,000 players who are unable to play online.

So with 35 Million dollars in revenue generated you're telling me they can only afford 400 servers?  What kind of business model is this when you create a game that is created on the idea of multi player and you only allow less than 5 % of the population who bought the game to play online?   Some people bitch and whine and complain and other ask legitimate questions and post genuine concerns and ideas and we hear nothing; we see no replies and we see very little improvement.  Now don't hand me that, this is a preview game nonsense.  We all know the game mechanics fall under this preview game concept but not the server issues. 

Then on top of all of this you don't incorporate a server que?  Who does that? It's 2016 and that is not included??? 

You have a great game, the idea is new and strong and very addictive.  Its different than other games and it is a very fun and enjoyable game to play.

Someone from the company needs to get on the forum or the main web site and post a response to the server issues,  Someone needs to update the community you have suddenly built of 1 million strong and give us some answers.  I don't think that's much to ask of you.   

You're absolutely right!  We need the ability to run an xbox one server but let me run it on my PC!!  I can't buy a second xbox!!

Archived