Solo Tapejara Taming in SE

LegendEternal

• Volunteer Moderator
On 2016-09-20 at 0:57 PM, madfretter said:

It's not disabled... It's hard cause of the spoilage with prime.

There are 2 ways to get easy primes. Fishing. Fishing loots are not affected by the timers nerf. Vulture. Grab a Vulture on your shoulder, burn some Paracers and get close to their corpse. Your vulture will harvest the primes and timer will be x10 giving you enough time to go back to your firecamp/grill.

On 9/19/2016 at 5:37 PM, LegendEternal said:

Yeah, ima try it a few times without ghillie, if I can find one on the dang ground. You've gotta learn hide to learn ghillie, and that turns into well over a hundred points for both sets. 

Alternatively you could be a little more risky with your approach if you REALLY want one. Fly your Argy/Moth above one, jump bola, parachute... and don't forget to keep your flyer on follow!  

1 hour ago, madfretter said:

I wonder if it's possible to grapple and tranq....

If it has a pretty unique looking flee mechanic like the quetz it will most likely break the line after your first shot. But if you can grapple on you could reel yourself close enough to bola it!

@Paul080576 Yeah it is kinda hardcore ha ha but before they fixed it people used to parachute onto the back of quetzals and club them out

22 minutes ago, Rancor said:

If it has a pretty unique looking flee mechanic like the quetz it will most likely break the line after your first shot. But if you can grapple on you could reel yourself close enough to bola it!

@Paul080576 Yeah it is kinda hardcore ha ha but before they fixed it people used to parachute onto the back of quetzals and club them out

Really?!  That would have been awesome to see.  

I tried a few strategies on the Center to solo tame a quetz. The only effective way for me was to follow it until it flew itself into a cliff and get stuck.

I haven't seen a tapejara yet in Scorched Earth but if they are found in the mountains then they probably get stuck also. At least you can bola them, unlike a quetz.

If you have a fast argi, grapple to the argi, whistle for your argi to Attack this target (default period) on the Tapejara. Must be close enough or use spyglass. Once close to the Tapejara, whistle passive (default semicolon), fire tranq arrow/dart. Rinse and repeat until down. Reel in the grapple until you can press button (default E) to mount your argi and fly down to finish tame.  

Might take a few attampts until player gets into a groove of the process. Good luck.

33 minutes ago, Nowtarfu said:

If you have a fast argi, grapple to the argi, whistle for your argi to Attack this target (default period) on the Tapejara. Must be close enough or use spyglass. Once close to the Tapejara, whistle passive (default semicolon), fire tranq arrow/dart. Rinse and repeat until down. Reel in the grapple until you can press button (default E) to mount your argi and fly down to finish tame.  

Might take a few attampts until player gets into a groove of the process. Good luck.

Omg...not the argy/grappling hook method. I tried that method for a quetz, it was a nightmare and didn't work for me. It's probably a good method on PC but on Xbox trying to use the clumsy whistle wheel with everything else going on just sucks!!

12 hours ago, Rintrahhh said:

Omg...not the argy/grappling hook method. I tried that method for a quetz, it was a nightmare and didn't work for me. It's probably a good method on PC but on Xbox trying to use the clumsy whistle wheel with everything else going on just sucks!!

Yeah, the whistle wheel on console makes it a problem. 

Archived