Overspawning

SoupInMyBeard

I'm having a major issue with cave spawns on the center map in single player on Xbox. I mean, there were so many dinos in the giant underground lake cave that my game froze almost permanently. Used the destroy wild dinos command, 1 day later it was worst. Broncos, mantas, ichthyosaurs, pteranodons by the hundreds maybe even thousands spawning everywhere. This seriously needs looked into. It's kind of game breaking for me.

On 9/19/2016 at 10:56 PM, PammyPop said:

SetCheatPlayer true (then SetPlayerCheat false to turn it off)

Ummm. . . stop .  did you read the question? that has nothing to do with dino counts.

I want to know how do i see how many dinos are on server? how do i see the # of a specific dino on the server? I have seen webpages of all the admin comands i cant seem to find that one.

Well I can't get a screenshot but it's all over the map now. Mostly caves, oceans, and swamps. I'll probably end up having to start over cause I can't play like this and I'm not going to have to do commands like destroywilddinos every time I want the lag to slow down a bit. I'll just play the island or something until it's resolved. This game is pretty epic I just have one request for the devs. You should focus more on finishing up the game, bug fixes, performance and what not, before releasing $20 DLC and night vision goggles.

On 9/20/2016 at 10:39 PM, kortniechan said:

Ummm. . . stop .  did you read the question? that has nothing to do with dino counts.

I want to know how do i see how many dinos are on server? how do i see the # of a specific dino on the server? I have seen webpages of all the admin comands i cant seem to find that one.

Yeah, that's the command to see the counts, setcheatplayer true/false. It shows it in the upper left corner, along with stasis information and other things.

4 hours ago, Mystalias said:

Yeah, that's the command to see the counts, setcheatplayer true/false. It shows it in the upper left corner, along with stasis information and other things.

Oh crapo, im so sorry. 

i needed more explanation lol. 

Do i still need to use the command if im whitelisted as admin already? I guess ill try it tonight.

Do you know the command to see a specific dino type count?

On 9/19/2016 at 2:07 AM, SoupInMyBeard said:

I'm having a major issue with cave spawns on the center map in single player on Xbox. I mean, there were so many dinos in the giant underground lake cave that my game froze almost permanently. Used the destroy wild dinos command, 1 day later it was worst. Broncos, mantas, ichthyosaurs, pteranodons by the hundreds maybe even thousands spawning everywhere. This seriously needs looked into. It's kind of game breaking for me.

Did this fix your issue?

Current Version: v247.81
* Fixed overspawning and physics/collision volume issues on TheCenter. Requires Server Update.

Last time I was in there on my Center map it was almost like a massive battle going on. Insane lag... 

Switched to Prim+ Island to build in the redwoods. Over here we encounter MASSIVE numbers of bugs at once. (Almost every time we leave base) (None are seen while scouting ahead of course, it's like they pour out of the ground)

On the beach at one point we couldn't even run a ground mount without getting stuck on other dino's. There was literally at least a hundred or more ptera's within viewing. distance. Which made it impossible to track your tame. They land in our base constantly.... 100+ dimorph's. If you even hit 1 of those by accident you were wrecked instantly. A couple days ago I killed an alpha rex without him moving due to a massive swarm of dimorphs stuck underneath him. He was unable to move which was awesome but boring. But I won't lie, watching them all fly away after I killed him was pretty epic...

The last crazy thing I've experienced was when taming my 108 allosaurus.. It was bad enough having to solo kill the others on foot + knocking her out without a trap.Then later having 3x Trex's, a pack of allosaursus, and several raptors/sabres that spawned during the tame. A lot during the night of course... SCARY STUFF MAN.. But as soon as I finished taming I ran over a hill at the crack of dawn to try and bring her home and ran into a pack of 40+ allosaurus's..... It was INSANE.. Seeing it at night/early am... yea I had to check my pants irl.. ha!  I had to lure them off a cliff with my Argie just so I could sneak by. (On the plus side, I built a funnel trap the next day and we snagged us some decent allosaurus from the pack)

Wiped the dinos today, so far so good. (Minus the bugs still) But it was a crazy experience...

Archived