Xbox Play Anywhere

chucksmit

4 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

They just posted in the latest Q&A that the play anywhere version of Ark should be released in December.

To clarify, play anywhere allows anyone who has purchased the XB1 version of ark to play it on their PC without streaming it, but you cannot run a server one one box and play on the other as it's going to utilize one instance of the game.  You'll need a 2nd account to run a server one the PC or XB and play on the other.

Exactly - the xbox version and windows 10 version are the same version hense one person can play on the windows 10 version on there xbox/windows profile and another person under there own profile can play on the xbox together?

On 10/24/2016 at 3:21 PM, DeepwaterPie24 said:

Meanwhile, the Windows 10 PC version of ARK: Survival Evolved will come free with the purchase of the Xbox One edition (and vice versa). The two platforms will share the same servers allowing for players on both PC and Xbox One to play together. Additionally, it will allow players to set up their own dedicated server using a Windows 10 PC to run the game.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DeepwaterPie24 said:

Exactly - the xbox version and windows 10 version are the same version hense one person can play on the windows 10 version on there xbox/windows profile and another person under there own profile can play on the xbox together?

Yes.  That is correct.  Those players playing on STEAM however, will not be able to play with XB1 / PC users as that is a different platform.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2016 at 11:08 AM, Nowtarfu said:

I think that everyone is misunderstanding the current "Play Anywhere" concept for Ark Survival Evolved on XB1. It appears that people believe that this means that an XB1 version can play on same server as a computer version. This is not the case as of now.

What is does is let a person who has an XBox 1 and an XBox 1 game to link the XBox 1 to their computer that has windows 10 through an app causing their XBox 1 to stream to the computer. Thus, a person can use their computer to play their XBox 1 Ark game on their XBox 1 remotely.  

Here is a long live stream of someone doing that. This is played on Xbox one with one friend hosting and others joining his game. Go to the linked video at the end of this post and fast forward to 1:30:00 in the video and listen for a couple of minutes. The guy says that he has his Xbox connected to his computer and using his computer to play the Xbox game. A Windows 10 app can be connected to an Xbox one but the Ark game must be a Xbox one version and running on the Xbox one while connected.

OP: This would need more investigation but I believe that the only way to play with your brothers is to get an Xbox one, Ark Survival Evolved game for Xbox one, Xbox Live account, have your brothers in your Xbox live friends list, A windows 10 OS with Xbox app (comes with windows 10) connected to your Xbox One; and then you can use your computer to play an Xbox Ark with your brothers. The controls will still function as a Xbox though so short cut keys might be limited.

All I can say is the guy in the video is doing it. There was a disruption on internet access at the hosts house so they lost their "Server" for a moment early on and had to reconnect. Times set in the videos description on yourtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KExKcE_NwDI

Edit: go here and read how this works from the source: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

This is completely wrong.  The game will play separately and not be streamed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2016 at 3:39 PM, Demonsoul109 said:

To be honest this could be a bad thing for xbox players. Windows 10 users with a decent rig could easily build a base that would lag any xbox user who comes within render distance so bad his xbone crashes. 

I'm thinking this won't matter, as the main use will be for running a dedicated server on Windows 10 and play with friends and family.

At least that is what I'm hoping will work eventually. What I would do then is setup a dedicated server on my PC and run one client there. Play a Windows 10 client on a gaming laptop. Play another client on an XBox One. That would allow all three of us in the family to play ARK together. Pretty cool if this ever comes true.

On 9/18/2016 at 9:47 PM, chucksmit said:

Hello! 

I have been playing for quite some time now, but I would love to play with my brothers, both of whom have Xbox Ones. I only have a PC, the one from Steam, never bought an xbox in my life, but I did have an Xbox Live account for a little bit on a buddies xbox in college. After hearing about the Xbox Play Anywhere, and how I will be able to host a game on my Windows 10 PC, I was wondering what I need to do to get that started. 

I am prepared to buy the game (again) if needed, and pay for Gold Membership with the Xbox. 

I understand that the Xbox version is a "lesser" game, but the ability to play with my friends is totally worth it! 

I have read that its available now, but when I look at purchasing it on the website it says its only available for Xbox. 

I can't seem to find ANYWHERE that will give me definite information. And trying to use "Customer Support" is anything by supporting. 

Thanks for any information! 

Don't know if it was already said but I saw they planned on cross platform pc and Xbox in the future

6 hours ago, Slik101 said:

Don't know if it was already said but I saw they planned on cross platform pc and Xbox in the future

Yes, they have said in the future they would do this. However there are many major hurdles to overcome before they do, the biggest is the sync of versions and updates across the board. Until they put something in place that everything can be running the same version at the same time, it won't be something we will see just yet.

Sooner win10 can do xbox server, the better.

I'm just sick of trolls taking just one night to screw up 100 hours of tames while i sleep.

Tribe just lost all tames from 2 trolls in a brick base with plenty of defense.

Behemoth gates fence and 2 stone enclosures full of x

It shouldn't be that easy for 2 trolls to jump in and then bugger off to screw with someone elses hours while they sleep?

I enjoy pvp. Not knowing if you're about to get eaten by the tame rex or asked for a trade is awesome.

But until i can host an xbox server on pc (not buying another xbox) that can keep the trolls to a minimum, I've had enough of an otherwise fantastic game.

Congrats trolls, you win.

I'm out

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Roundocean707 said:

Yah

Anyone know ?

It was meant to be out in the latter half of October, it's now been delayed until November. The Nitrado servers are out 25th but WIldcard wanted to implement the BattlEye anti-cheat system into the Win10 version. They found out this isn't actually possible, so are currently working on implementing the TruePlay system (see this article for a quick overview).  No idea whether this is something relatively quick to resolve or not, but it's probably a fair assumption to say that there may be an additional delay due to this unexpected/additional work.

In the blog  dated 13 Oct 2017 they stated "Xbox Play Anywhere and CrossPlay are still currently delayed until November. The reason behind this is because we believe it is critical to get BattlEye functioning on Microsoft's platform. We're very interested in the effects of CrossPlay, but we're cautious of enabling PC and Xbox Players to game together without having our anti-cheat ready, so it's going to take a little longer to get that sorted, but it will ensure a much better experience overall. "

On 15 Oct 2017 , the lead developer tweeted "Btw the hold-up for ARK Win10 is BattlEye wont work for CrossPlay, so have new TruePlay system, its a new API & we are working thru it /w MS"

Archived