Primitive + Taming whats better ?

Brometheus

I have just recentley started playing prim + an I coming across a bunch of new things which mostly I can google an find the answer to what ever question it is that I have but a few things like fish fillets, bacon an ribs which i know can be eaten when cured an cooked an I know they can be used for taming but I cant find any info an which are better an what dinos they work on like is there even any point going through the steps to cook bacon to tame or is it better/easier to just use prime ? Or are the ribs an bacon intended to be fed raw to the dinos ? 

I believe poultry is the go to meat for taming carnivores currently, it acts like raw prime but has a much longer spoil time and stacks. This is a bug however, so make the most of it :-p

- Fresh poultry only requires 25 food to have dropped on a tame, and then gives the equivalent of raw prime for taming affinity.

The other meats provide extra taming affinity as well, but since poultry is so easy to obtain (kill a dodo), you may as well stick with that.

For herbivores, rice and cabbage. Only require 20 food to drop and provide more taming affinity than standard crops at this stage.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

I believe poultry is the go to meat for taming carnivores currently, it acts like raw prime but has a much longer spoil time and stacks. This is a bug however, so make the most of it :-p

- Fresh poultry only requires 25 food to have dropped on a tame, and then gives the equivalent of raw prime for taming affinity.

The other meats provide extra taming affinity as well, but since poultry is so easy to obtain (kill a dodo), you may as well stick with that.

For herbivores, rice and cabbage. Only require 20 food to drop and provide more taming affinity than standard crops at this stage.

Thanks for that mate helps a bunch

14 minutes ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

I thought I read somewhere that the poultry from dodos were different than from Argy/Terror bird and didn't stack with them. Some stuff won't eat poultry as well like Mosas. It was a pain taming one since I needed something that could kill the plesis/mosas down there reliably before I could tame it with prime.

25 minutes ago, Nubasaurus said:

I thought I read somewhere that the poultry from dodos were different than from Argy/Terror bird and didn't stack with them. Some stuff won't eat poultry as well like Mosas. It was a pain taming one since I needed something that could kill the plesis/mosas down there reliably before I could tame it with prime.

The poultry stack issue was resolved in the last patch, so that is no longer an issue. I haven't actually tried taming fish with the custom meats recently, I wonder if that is intentional.

Archived