Taming Rock Elementals

Sestock

We've been using cannons on a Paracer trick, but to no avail. We have used probably 100+ cannon balls on these things, and it always ends up in the death of the Rock Elemental.

When they go back to their "afk" state, does their torpor reset?  I don't understand what we are doing wrong.. we pumped 9 balls into a level 16 and he just turned and went back into the pseudo-rock form, and then we hit him 3 more times and he died. Helllllllllp

• Volunteer Moderator

If you hit them in the head, the damage shows a lower number(I believe), and, most importantly, they will shake their head. No head shake just means you are killing it.

I usually get them with RPGs from a top a rock.  If you can get on the correct rock, they cannot hit you with a boulder, or you just step back when they throw; just make sure it does not hit your mount.

If you can get it stuck just right, you can hit them with 2 quick RPG shots, then wait for them to throw a rock, then 2 RPG shots, dodge rock, rinse and repeat; just be careful at the end that you don't shoot them as they pass out.

From what I can tell, the health to topor is very close, and with high damage weapons, like a cannon or high quality RPGs, a few misplaced shots(miss the head) is enough to end up with a dead Rock Elemental before you can knock it out.

Archived