Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimmy NoShoes

Primitive+ Bug List V3 & Other Issues

3 hours ago, complexminded said:

Just an update on where the current progress is.  I'm adding these to the bug tracker section here at survivetheark and trying to get everyone view permission so you can check the status of where I'm at with bug fixes and I work on them.  After I get all these added, I will begin iterating/fixing.

Timeframe for this?

Could you also please address some of the issues and topics raised in the previous posts on this thread.

34 minutes ago, Askadiel said:

Its not directly an Bug i guess, but can someone tell me for what the old Cooked Meat is for ? 

Gives you a final chance to eat it before it goes to spoiled meat...but at less points - for example:  Cooked meat will restore 20 health per.  OLD Cooked meat will restore 10 health per.  From there, it spoils and will make you sick.

42 minutes ago, ilias said:

Limestone is still useless after the server restart!

Viking Axe is still unrepairable.
I didn't try to craft a new Viking Axe or a new Grindstone.

Got the viking axe/grindstone stuff under 'Not Fixed' at the top.  Tested with new versions of each.

Limestone as well as clay are bugs carried forward also.

Why would you need to push it out? Dinos eat the least nutritious first so when the cooked meat spoils into old cooked meat, they will start to eat that. Would you rather it just be meat that spoils into rotten meat that they won't eat at all and you have to remove anyway? It is either Edible meat -> not edible meat or Edible meat -> still edible meat -> not edible meat. I have no idea why anyone would have an issue with it going to old meat.

1 minute ago, Nubasaurus said:

Why would you need to push it out? Dinos eat the least nutritious first so when the cooked meat spoils into old cooked meat, they will start to eat that. Would you rather it just be meat that spoils into rotten meat that they won't eat at all and you have to remove anyway? It is either Edible meat -> not edible meat or Edible meat -> still edible meat -> not edible meat. I have no idea why anyone would have an issue with it going to old meat.

Likely because of this bug, which to my knowledge has yet to be fixed (I haven't checked since 1.2 but since nothing in the patch notes on it, one can assume it still exists at this stage).

- Tamed dinos will not eat 'old' cooked meats. When force fed, will not provide any food replenishment.

That'd need fixing for sure but still doesn't really get around the feeding baby issue if anything other than raw/cooked meat is useless to the baby. Once the timer counts down, it is dead weight in baby inventory regardless unless somehow the cooked meat spoil timer is shorter due to it becoming old cooked meat. I personally like old cooked meat because if I log out or go AFK, at least I have some food left instead of having to make a new campfire or whatever and cook more food again.

1 minute ago, Nubasaurus said:

That'd need fixing for sure but still doesn't really get around the feeding baby issue if anything other than raw/cooked meat is useless to the baby. Once the timer counts down, it is dead weight in baby inventory regardless unless somehow the cooked meat spoil timer is shorter due to it becoming old cooked meat. I personally like old cooked meat because if I log out or go AFK, at least I have some food left instead of having to make a new campfire or whatever and cook more food again.

I agree on that it needs fixing. But, it is still ultimately a food that has to be chucked out of the dinos inventory when it shouldn't need to be. It should be an additional way of feeding, but is only an annoyance in that aspect.

I've gotten the bug tracker here at SurviveTheArk updated.  In terms of doing QA on the PC, I'll be posting a mod to the workshop that's a beta version if anyone is interested in following the progress.  I will post here when the first beta build goes live.  Until then I'll be in the lab fixing things!

Will all patches need to be beta tested before release? If so, what kind of timeframe can we expect between fixes? A lot of stuff should be taking priority such as new items/saddles and structure/building fixes. A lot of interest was given back to Island/Center maps with the new update but when people find out they cannot ride a Tapejara or settle in cool new places in Center because structures are still kinda broken, it makes them leave the P+ servers again. Allos are still kinda broken because they only spawn in 1 color and we can't paint stuff because it reverts, leading to a lot less customization of your stuff. Customization is a big reason why I play P+ because the preview videos always sold me on how natural and great bases could look with the variety you offer in structures and furniture/crafting but much of it is still buggy.

Agree with Nubasaurus in the sentiment he has written. What are the priorities at this stage after fixing the obvious things like limestone/clay and obviously getting all the new content into the game. Have Wildcard addressed the SDK issue that Primi+ faces and if not, why not? Will Primitive+ ever be updated alongside future builds or is it continuously going to be a number of weeks behind in terms of content?

I don't see any bugtracker on SurvivetheArk (aside from this topic). Could you please direct us to where it is?

I've tried to be polite and hinted as best I could, but i'll say it outright this time:

@complexminded - You need to address issues and concerns raised thus far. 

I am willing to accept a small period of time between official content release and when it becomes compatible with P+ GIVEN that it is a short period of time. AFAIK, Pelagornis still is untameble outside of kibble due to the fresh fish bug and I'm betting that is only being let slide by the community due to how underwhelming it is as a mount and having less utility than the other flyers but something like the Tapejara is almost game changing in it's uses/utility and will be a very popular dinosaur. It would be best if WC gave you more support/resources but as it stands, it doesn't look like they are willing to do that so we are at an impasse. I will be patient with the content additions but the buggy nature of the mod itself should be addressed swiftly. Things that I and I am sure others are waiting to be fixed at high priority are:

Structure/building: All new building pieces should fit and work like vanilla pieces but there are issues with replacing and height issues (have to duck to get through some 1 wall high entrances) still present.

Crafting: A lot of crafting related bugs such as the limestone bug should be squashed ASAP because it makes it quite a chore to recollect limestone. Resource gathering needs to be reliable so the claystone problem due to the obsidian pickaxe being broken is a major concern.

If these fixes are done swiftly, the mod will be in a much better state. A lot of lower priority stuff like containers acting like troughs can wait. We want to play the mod as it was intended and use the things you added to the game but right now I feel much more comfortable building my base out of vanilla assets rather than the headache of making things out of lumber/concrete/brick/adobe and finding out it just doesn't work right.

15 minutes ago, complexminded said:

However, I'd still like to wait for when the base game is in a solid state prior to releasing the content, generally the rate at which the base game is patch shouldn't hold that up too much.   Currently, I'm addressing and fixing the bugs in this thread but I'll be sure to address the bulk of the concerns in the community crunch this Friday.  

That makes sense to me. No reason for you to be working on stuff that the main build team is working on. Like with the bug that occurred with the Tapejara where you put a saddle on it, everyone on the server ended up falling through the world endlessly. It doesn't make sense for you to be working on a fix for that for Primitive Plus independently from the main team, when they are going to push out an update.

I'd rather you go with your idea of waiting for the main to fix the issues with the new content, then see how it affects Primitive Plus. That'll give you extra time to work on the current/future primitive plus items.

So, I have a rare bug to report.

I play on a private server, which uses the structure locking command in the GameUserSettings: (ForceAllStructureLocking=True).

We have found that when the server does the daily maintenance and restart, the Wood Storage Shed flips back to being locked. We haven't noticed the problem with other structures yet, and we have build most of the available structures thus far.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Wow. just like..... WOW

28 bugs reported fixed in patch, 11 of which were not and introduced 11 more bugs. So in effect, the number of bugs has been reduced by 6.

That works out to 1 bug per week fixed.

With the current list of bugs, P+ should be fixed by Christmas 2019 .... but don't hold your breathe 

I remember when this thread was about bug reporting and tracking. Keeping that purpose in mind I want to suggest Big Stone Fences to be snappable like the wooden fences. They look nice but currently you have to eyeball the placement. I'm sure the small stone fence works the same way but I haven't made any to check. Also brazier is wood tier although it takes steel to make. It makes a poor substitute for standing torches since it is destroyed just as easily and takes way more effort to make.

Alright, the amount of reports about this thread is ridiculous. Seeing as some people can't keep on topic I am locking this thread down and sweeping it of anything that is clearly unrelated to the subject matter. It'll be reopened once that's done and I do hope that people actually stay on topic.

I don't know if this is intended or not but the Cashew Tree is very... underwhelming. It requires a large crop plot and is more like a shrub than a tree. It looks nothing like the picture shown here at http://primitive.wikia.com/wiki/Cashew where it does look like a small tree. Seems like the cashew tree ingame is squished down to a fraction of it's supposed height. Also Breadfruit tree seed does not seem to exist or is not obtainable either from gathering plants or sky drops.

1 hour ago, Nubasaurus said:

I don't know if this is intended or not but the Cashew Tree is very... underwhelming. It requires a large crop plot and is more like a shrub than a tree. It looks nothing like the picture shown here at http://primitive.wikia.com/wiki/Cashew where it does look like a small tree. Seems like the cashew tree ingame is squished down to a fraction of it's supposed height. Also Breadfruit tree seed does not seem to exist or is not obtainable either from gathering plants or sky drops.

You can grow them in a medium crop plot. They used to be even smaller, so small you could hardly see them, but that bug got fixed.

2 hours ago, Nubasaurus said:

There is no breadfruit seed? Nothing in the asset list anyhow. Cashew tree itself is listed as a QOL, its description needs amending and the actual plant needs to not be so ridiculously small.