BIGGEST ARK SALE ON ALL PLATFORMS EVER! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimmy NoShoes

Primitive+ Bug List V3 & Other Issues

8 minutes ago, Zachwildcat said:

Then was it bugged before? I could of sworn it was 1 carbon to 1 iron to make 1 steel ingot?

Nope, has always needed 2 Carbon as far as I'm aware, or at least remember lol. Technically it is 2 Carbon and 2 Iron, with the plus side of you getting a free Iron Ingot out of it as well.

1 minute ago, Askadiel said:

1 Iron Ingot is 2 Iron.

I spawned the Tapejara Saddle, for the Material, to help the People on my Server. After an Restart, the Saddle is gone, not even Workarounds work.......

Wasn't it the same way with the Allo saddle? I think you had to have it equipped on a tame for it to stay. Otherwise the item itself isn't recognized and is deleted upon restart.

7 minutes ago, Askadiel said:

1 Iron Ingot is 2 Iron.

I spawned the Tapejara Saddle, for the Material, to help the People on my Server. After an Restart, the Saddle is gone, not even Workarounds work.......

Wow my thought process has been wrong this entire time haha! Like, I know iron ingot is 2 iron, and yet I've always gone along with 1 extra iron making the iron ingot in terms of carbon/steel ingot making.  Edited the post to reflect my new and improved thought process haha!

The saddles will likely disappear similar to how allosaurus/pelagornis saddles would disappear before they got included in primitive+ 1.1. Need to wait for a devkit update, seemingly WC still haven't learned from their mistakes and restrict Primitive+ to working on the outdated SDK.

The Saddle was mounted on an Tape, that we have tamed without Kibble, was in my Opinion with 300+ Allo Eggs more then od is. No Matter, the mounted one was gone after the Server Restart.

And no, i spawned the Allo Saddle for the Materials too, but that one was Server Restart resistant.

11 minutes ago, Askadiel said:

The Saddle was mounted on an Tape, that we have tamed without Kibble, was in my Opinion with 300+ Allo Eggs more then od is. No Matter, the mounted one was gone after the Server Restart.

And no, i spawned the Allo Saddle for the Materials too, but that one was Server Restart resistant.

What I'm saying is, if the saddles themselves are getting removed (BP's can also be included here), after a server reboot, it is because they are not technically in the game yet, and thus get deleted automatically. Once Primi+ is updated with the latest devkit build and actually includes the items in it, then that problem will be resolved.

Even if its a bit Offtopic, Ced is looking for Fans to join an dedicated QA Team to help him testing.

And now, after i tabbed out to write in the Forum, i got 2 Times the Fatal Error, i have had so many Times today in the Morning, seems, the fishing Patch brought it back. But only, if i tabbed out.

QA Team.png

I just started playing with Primitive+ yesterday, so I thought it would be a good thing to familiarize myself with the known issues...

...but one of the first things I noticed when reading the list in the opening post was "hey, I totally did some of those things and they worked fine!"

For example: I killed a Dodo, received 4 raw poultry, stuffed it into a basic campfire, lit it up, and returned a minute later to retrieve 4 cooked poultry. Ate it and it restored hunger just fine. What part about cooking poultry in a basic campfire isn't supposed to work correctly?

Another example: I made some lumber walls and used them to override some of my thatch walls. Worked perfectly fine, just as expected from any other wall. Yet the list here states that lumber walls are supposed to be unable to replace other walls?

I just started playing with Primitive+ yesterday, so I thought it would be a good thing to familiarize myself with the known issues...

...but one of the first things I noticed when reading the list in the opening post was "hey, I totally did some of those things and they worked fine!"

For example: I killed a Dodo, received 4 raw poultry, stuffed it into a basic campfire, lit it up, and returned a minute later to retrieve 4 cooked poultry. Ate it and it restored hunger just fine. What part about cooking poultry in a basic campfire isn't supposed to work correctly?

Another example: I made some lumber walls and used them to override some of my thatch walls. Worked perfectly fine, just as expected from any other wall. Yet the list here states that lumber walls are supposed to be unable to replace other walls?

Pictures say more then Words, for me, that did not work, do you play Singleplayer, or Multiplayer ?

Wall.jpg

Singleplayer, with build 247.1 at the time. Didn't have any mods activated besides two official DLCs (Primitive+ and The Center).

If it makes a difference: the foundations in the building were already lumber, too. I replaced those before moving onto the walls. Or, well, wall. I placed a single one, then I ran out of wood planks and decided to call it a night, as it was late. I will gladly test this some more for you when I get home, if you can tell me specific things you'd like me to check?

9 minutes ago, Omicron said:

Singleplayer, with build 247.1 at the time. Didn't have any mods activated besides two official DLCs (Primitive+ and The Center).

If it makes a difference: the foundations in the building were already lumber, too. I replaced those before moving onto the walls. Or, well, wall. I placed a single one, then I ran out of wood planks and decided to call it a night, as it was late. I will gladly test this some more for you when I get home, if you can tell me specific things you'd like me to check?

I'll give them another check later today, but last check, they were bugged still. Its actually more or less all primitive+ walls, and not just restricted to Lumber, but again, something i'll verify later before amending the post.

I'll check the poultry again also, perhaps one of the ninja patches magically resolved it, in the same manner SE resolved the longbow.

I rarely check things on SP since it doesn't rely on networking in the same manner as a dedicated server environment.

Might just be me but one of my P+ plants looked like it is either buggy display or got reset? I have plenty of fertilizer in it 200k+ but it does not have a growth stage labeled when before it was a Fruitling, now it just says Seeded without even the name of the seed. I believe it was wheat? I cannot remember and will have to check when I get home. I know it is the only plant that is doing it as I have every plant growing and the rest are fine.

25 minutes ago, Omicron said:

The Foundation under my Check here is Lumber too. The Server runs on Version 247.2 and as you see, its not possible to set the Wall over an Thatch Wall. I could test the Poultry maybe later, but i have no Time for that right now.

So some further clarification Lumber Wall / Poultry issue.

It seems with the poultry cooking, any 'old' campfires (ie, ones placed pre 1.2 patch), will NOT cook poultry. Any new campfires however, will. I've updated the bug notes to reflect this. 

Lumber wall issue remains the same. I had a quick test with lumber/adobe/brick walls and the wall replacement issues there appear to be resolved for adobe and brick, but no lumber. Therefore the bug notes there will remain as is.

Not sure if this is Prim+ or not...but it APPEARS that the new Tap Saddle Engram - which is lvl 55 - Can't actually be seen by anyone OVER lvl 55.

On another note - Dung Beetles:

Mine stopped producing fertilizer after the update.  I replaced the "old" feces with "new" feces to see if that was the issue, with no change.  I then picked up the beetle, and set it back down, with no change.  I punched the beetle, picked it up and set it back down, still no change.  I then took it off of wander, emptied the inventory, punched it, picked it up, set it back down, filled the inventory (with the same feces), and put it back on wander, and it started producing fertilizer.  I have now placed the "old" feces back in to see if that was part of the issue or not.  I don't personally believe that punching the beetle had any effect on this, but perhaps taking it off of wander, cycling the inventory, and putting it back on wander did.  I don't know if you want to change/remove this from the list or not - but that's what I have found.  I will update if the "old" feces is an issue...but I doubt it is.

21 minutes ago, Hoseman143 said:

Not sure if this is Prim+ or not...but it APPEARS that the new Tap Saddle Engram - which is lvl 55 - Can't actually be seen by anyone OVER lvl 55.

Mine stopped producing fertilizer after the update.  I replaced the "old" feces with "new" feces to see if that was the issue, with no change.  I then picked up the beetle, and set it back down, with no change.  I punched the beetle, picked it up and set it back down, still no change.  I then took it off of wander, emptied the inventory, punched it, picked it up, set it back down, filled the inventory (with the same feces), and put it back on wander, and it started producing fertilizer.  I have now placed the "old" feces back in to see if that was part of the issue or not.  I don't personally believe that punching the beetle had any effect on this, but perhaps taking it off of wander, cycling the inventory, and putting it back on wander did.  I don't know if you want to change/remove this from the list or not - but that's what I have found.  I will update if the "old" feces is an issue...but I doubt it is.

Wasn't on the list (pending further info). What you've described is essentially the bug that happens in the vanilla game with the dung beetle. At least this isn't another Primi+ bug on this occassion lol.

I'll boot up another test server in a bit and check out the saddle engram issue. 

Just an update on where the current progress is.  I'm adding these to the bug tracker section here at survivetheark and trying to get everyone view permission so you can check the status of where I'm at with bug fixes and I work on them.  After I get all these added, I will begin iterating/fixing.

2 hours ago, Hoseman143 said:

It is not P+ related, the same Bug exists as long as i know Dung Beatles in Vanilla too. Happends after Server Restarts, or the Beetle stops producing in the mid of the Night. Simple disable wandering and enable it again, then it works "further".

Well, I'm confused. See this screenshot.

You can clearly see that, indeed, I cannot place a lumber wall over a thatch wall, just as you say. However, you can also see the already placed lumber wall. There was a thatch wall there before... was it a really strange fluke, then? Beats me...

EDIT: well nevermind. Turns out I can neither embed, nor link to, nor attach my screenshot. The forum removes it everytime I hit submit.