Nice job Dev.

vonholtz

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, ranger1presents said:

The real fun isn't in the having, it's in the attaining.

well said...my SE server doesnt allow tribute downloads for this reason--i had forgotten how fun the struggle of the early game is, and the members of my tribe that are playing are all having alot of fun with their new toons.

Nice Job Guys--keep up the good work!

I transferred my 86 character to a SE server, and even though I am high level I still find it a challenge. Just getting the mats to replace gear that other tribemembers took off my body... which is in itself annoying, is a challenge. Bring in the wandering wyverns and you can have an... interesting experience. I was killed three times in a row by the same direwolf at one point due to the random spawn placing me twice 5 feet from where I died and the third I think was inside the wolf. Or as close to being inside it did not matter. I was soon inside him anyways.

1 hour ago, Jamagh said:

I transferred my 86 character to a SE server, and even though I am high level I still find it a challenge. Just getting the mats to replace gear that other tribemembers took off my body... which is in itself annoying, is a challenge. Bring in the wandering wyverns and you can have an... interesting experience. I was killed three times in a row by the same direwolf at one point due to the random spawn placing me twice 5 feet from where I died and the third I think was inside the wolf. Or as close to being inside it did not matter. I was soon inside him anyways.

lol

Try a new level one that only requires 1/16 of a bite from said dire wolf. lol

Yeah, I spawned in right next to a dire wolf then terror birds twice and finally got to run around a little bit until extreme heat hit. Yup, died again. But I built up and finally leveled so I can make a bed. Then I built a structure for a bed and some boxes. Now I am good to go. If I die, I can at least get back to my stores. It was a nice challenge.

Now I can carry a tent around and I am safe from weather. Just have to watch out for them wolfs.

Have a great day.

5 hours ago, Jamagh said:

Speaking of direwolves... am I the only one that thinks it's weird that a critter that gives up the highly insulating pelt doesn't belong in a desert?

11 hours ago, Purrmaster said:

Speaking of direwolves... am I the only one that thinks it's weird that a critter that gives up the highly insulating pelt doesn't belong in a desert?

Think of them more as coyotes. Or red wolves? I forget the name of the wolves that were found in deserts. Maybe it was grey wolf. I did see a guy running around in fur armour on a SE map. He was complaining about how hot he was.

I'm on Xbox so I don't have the privilege of posting any sort of crash logs. But the game is quite literally unplayable... at least the base my tribe and I have made on the center. The game crashes, sure, but the crashes in our base are constant enough to convince me that we quite literally broke the game. I'm not sure how I am supposed to report something like this and would appreciate any assistance in doing so, so at the very least I can provide some sort of useful information to the devs. 

We've built on 45, 35 on the center. We have a very large castle shaped base with vaults completely lining the exterior and interior, encompassing the entirety of the island. We also have 4 large turret towers and turrets lining the entirety of the base. There's over 400 vaults and at least 200 turrets with tons of generators powering it all. Behemoth gates completely line the island and the two next to us which we claimed. The smaller one is empty and the other medium sized one houses a very sizeable greenhouse and large square shaped dino pen made out of foundations walls, ceilings and dino gates. Next to us (roughly 45, 45) is an ally who has a sizeable base but is out of render distance until you hit the dino pen island. We hit the structure limit in a small 2x8 area of the base but haven't had any issues since. In the waters surrounding our base we've built an extensive water pen to house our water animals, consisting of choke points blocked by pillars, ceilings and behemoth gates resting on top of those. I think almost certainly, the xbox simply cannot handle the stress of the game loading in so many objects, but it cannot be limited to that alone. You can let the base completely render in fine, play for 5 minutes having not left the render area and still crash.

To put things into perspective, we've been playing on Scorched earth a lot lately. I logged in to refill the generators and feed the 20 gigas and other tames we have. I crashed 22 times in the process of doing this over the course of a couple hours. We've also had 7 separate people from 5 different tribes crash over and around our base and lose tames. I really do not know how to assist the Developers in locating this problem as I have no access to crash logs and am not provided any sort of bug reporting tool.

Everything we did was completely legal and allowable on an official server, so it's not like we upped the structure limit or anything.

38 minutes ago, inziladun said:

I'm on Xbox so I don't have the privilege of posting any sort of crash logs. But the game is quite literally unplayable... at least the base my tribe and I have made on the center. The game crashes, sure, but the crashes in our base are constant enough to convince me that we quite literally broke the game. I'm not sure how I am supposed to report something like this and would appreciate any assistance in doing so, so at the very least I can provide some sort of useful information to the devs. 

We've built on 45, 35 on the center. We have a very large castle shaped base with vaults completely lining the exterior and interior, encompassing the entirety of the island. We also have 4 large turret towers and turrets lining the entirety of the base. There's over 400 vaults and at least 200 turrets with tons of generators powering it all. Behemoth gates completely line the island and the two next to us which we claimed. The smaller one is empty and the other medium sized one houses a very sizeable greenhouse and large square shaped dino pen made out of foundations walls, ceilings and dino gates. Next to us (roughly 45, 45) is an ally who has a sizeable base but is out of render distance until you hit the dino pen island. We hit the structure limit in a small 2x8 area of the base but haven't had any issues since. In the waters surrounding our base we've built an extensive water pen to house our water animals, consisting of choke points blocked by pillars, ceilings and behemoth gates resting on top of those. I think almost certainly, the xbox simply cannot handle the stress of the game loading in so many objects, but it cannot be limited to that alone. You can let the base completely render in fine, play for 5 minutes having not left the render area and still crash.

To put things into perspective, we've been playing on Scorched earth a lot lately. I logged in to refill the generators and feed the 20 gigas and other tames we have. I crashed 22 times in the process of doing this over the course of a couple hours. We've also had 7 separate people from 5 different tribes crash over and around our base and lose tames. I really do not know how to assist the Developers in locating this problem as I have no access to crash logs and am not provided any sort of bug reporting tool.

Everything we did was completely legal and allowable on an official server, so it's not like we upped the structure limit or anything.

I'd highly recommend creating a separate thread if you haven't already with your detailed information as it might get lost in a thread like this.  Or if you see another thread that's already reporting this as the start thread then add your information to that.  This topic given it's title and various comments will likely not get you the support you want for the specific problem you are having.

As a developer that goes through user threads and as a customer for other products/services I've found that for issue reports things are more likely to get traction when they are their own thread and have enough details for testers/developers/support to act on.

Oh and feel free to ignore me, just an opinion that might not even help at all as I'm not certain what the process is for triaging bugs here.

49 minutes ago, EvilLimey said:

On Xbox we have Invisible titanosaurus killing tames for the past 2-3 weeks, why they haven't patched it and temporally removed them from the game until the devs fix it is beyond me.

What actions have you taken to report this? Invisible titans is a problem and this should have been reported 2-3 weeks ago officially on the support page by ticket and having it's own thread started. Right now, this is the first time I have heard of this issue. 

I recommend starting a new thread under the Xbox folder and even under this general discussion after searching if there is one already started - I could have missed it). This would be a way to get others that have the same experience help to bring attention to it. 

Most importantly, give more description of the issue such a trends, locations on the map, and anything else that you might think is important to narrow down the cause. Just wondering why the devs have not fix this is not helping them fix this. They may not know it is happening if no one puts in a ticket and no one draws attention to it in the forums. If you depend on someone else to do it, you will most likely be disappointed. Also, if someone else is doing it, ticket from more people tend to get noticed more often.

Good luck and have a great day.

4 minutes ago, Nowtarfu said:

What actions have you taken to report this? Invisible titans is a problem and this should have been reported 2-3 weeks ago officially on the support page by ticket and having it's own thread started. Right now, this is the first time I have heard of this issue. 

I recommend starting a new thread under the Xbox folder and even under this general discussion after searching if there is one already started - I could have missed it). This would be a way to get others that have the same experience help to bring attention to it. 

Most importantly, give more description of the issue such a trends, locations on the map, and anything else that you might think is important to narrow down the cause. Just wondering why the devs have not fix this is not helping them fix this. They may not know it is happening if no one puts in a ticket and no one draws attention to it in the forums. If you depend on someone else to do it, you will most likely be disappointed. Also, if someone else is doing it, ticket from more people tend to get noticed more often.

Good luck and have a great day.

Not new, I've see this reported along with the 2 new dinos not being visible at times on the Xbox, including one thread here where he demonstrated the Titanosaur being invisible.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/search/&q=Invisible titanosaur&type=forums_topic&sortby=relevancy

Just now, mleii said:

Not new, I've see this reported along with the 2 new dinos not being visible at times on the Xbox, including one thread here where he demonstrated the Titanosaur being invisible.

I stand corrected. Thanks. This is why I put into my writing - "in case I missed it". Thanks for the correction. The rest that I posted I believe is correct. 

Have a great day.

On 14/9/2016 at 4:38 PM, ranger1presents said:

bragok, why on earth would you wait for a month and a half before moving to a new server?

You can always go back to that server later, in the mean time have fun with building up a new character on another server.

The real fun isn't in the having, it's in the attaining.

I did  but the fps in the island got so bad i can no longer play

So SE caused a bug on top of hundreds of core game bugs and they immediately fix it. Meanwhile in core ark i cant even step away from hatched babies because they vanish. yeah gj devs... I hate to be cynical about it, but this is exactly what all people opposed to the SE DLC were talking about and afraid of. 

Archived