Why are oil pumps personal

Raiuza

(pve server)Well here the thing me and my friend found a oil pump really early in the game but we didnt know what to do with it. as we went thought the dlc we thought that the oil pumps were similar to the water wells how wrong was that. all the places we went to put an oil pump  were taken and lock but this is pve sooo what the point of what oil vain if only a few people can use it(it can go as bad a one tribe owning all oil vains). or i'm i just missing something if so en light me

I noticed this was going to be an issue early on when I saw the the nodes were limited so I went and place two and left them unlocked. Glad I did because 2 other tribes seem to have capped off the rest of them. On PvE you really shouldn't be able to lock them. Both of mine had over 161 stacks of oil in them last time I checked them and I was begging people to come get oil. Maybe they should have the oil nodes randomize and "erupt" elsewhere occasionally meaning that your current ones dry up and start to decay. This would keep people from locking them down for ever. 

• 10 months later...

Archived