Jen

PC Patch Notes: Current (v253.995) & Upcoming (v254, ETA: January 30)

5,562 posts in this topic

So what about alpha T-Rex... It used to be that a tamed t-rex with 40k health and 1000% dmg and 40-50 armor saddle could solo a 80-100 t-rex and survive with about 25-50% health.  A L100-L120 Alpha T-Rex would almost kill that tamed T-Rex.  If Alpha T-Rex's weren't nerfed as well, then it would take a massive tribe to kill one because 10k health doesn't last long and an Alpha T-Rex heals a lot when it kills another dino.  This means it will rip through a lot of dino's constantly healing up for each kill.  When you have a server population cap of 70 players, everyone on a server would need to band together to have large armies for taking on such Alpha's.

I really think what should have been done to rebalance gathering is nerf the % dmg increase on all the gathering dino's rather than make all dino's useless.

I think some more thought should have gone into this before making such wide spread changes.

And staff to and what do you think of this drug to up-date, which was already not very normal to do now was crap, the damage dinos was a dump, even the insects one sapo LV 222 takes a beating join, 8 sapo is in deep poop "the life," the Pteranodon, are equal to a paper airplane if enconstar dead ta, I always espereando them to do what relamente should do that and put to form correct the alliance system and not the kind of alliance where you have to join a tribe, and if and what this idiocy can call ring, to my knowledge alliance and you with your tribe (guild) with your name, joins other with her name in case the alliance system and only for you not to fire into a friend, but it is amazing how these guys have some difficulty to do a simple thing, and necessary in the game, but make an up-date of poop, that unbalances the game, the tamed animals that were to become stronger, that and a logic, there are now a dump and map a hard to kill, but in the end I believe that when you leave the Alpha and go pair beta, acoisa should get worse, and the beta for the full game, the island should become a desert, do what ne ...

While I don't agree the rebalance is great as my power bird went from 5k hp and 1500 mele to 2k hp & 300 mele, I do have an issue with the Alphas now, they seam to be untouched by the rebalance. I spent 35 minutes beating on a raptor to injure it enough for it to almost die but given that it has super speed and runs away when injured there was no way for me to track it through the woods. After this fight I'm thinking the Alphas need some tweaking as well because there is no way any of normal dinos would stand a chance of killing or even escaping even a low level raptor on the ground because the alpha still take great big bites of hp each time and move to fast to get away from.

Ok nobody really died here (in actual life) they had one mistake and it's all good now. I suppose people from official servers where mainly complaining a in a x1 rate and also closed servers can be annoying. I believe we all in this community have to be a bit more pacient cause starting to rage and insult is NOT gonna do any good or get the game closer to the final stage. I saw how they corrected their mistake with 4-5 patches in less than a night so they're working hard. I only wish that for every hater in this game there was a 'lover' too showing it aswell.  

13 minutes ago, vic said:

I only wish that for every hater in this game there was a 'lover' too showing it aswell.  

I think people who hate this update are a big fans of Ark and love this game like me. I played >330h in last 2-3 weeks after buying. Was great, but i think that nerfed to this rate is very big mistake. I often did mistakes when i lose dinos. Now im scary go outside base :/

Early on I apologize for any translation errors caused by Google, I am Brazilian and I am not conversant in English.

This new balance in the animal domesticated statistics as a rock wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper. Quite disappointing to see the number of players on servers (SA official and unofficial) disappearing gradually.

We are in our school holidays of summer and an economic crisis, with few people traveling on holiday. This should significantly increase the number of online players in the game will be shown. But what happened was exactly the opposite, right after this new path. The server's occupancy rate was around 80% before, now is close to 20% when not fully closed before the dismay of its managers (I am aware of eight cases only yesterday).

As I am an eventual and older player, I am not influenced by the economic crisis and not the school holidays, I was wondering about why this phenomenon: why make such a significant change in animal statistics as to unbalance its functions in Game. Or asking another way, so I will spend time taming one double lvl 120, looking for days in the nature a wild animal with the best statistics, spending months crossing animals for certain lines with good statistics for after all this go away?

The animals selected for harvest, after several crossings and many days of dedication, today do not compare the efficiency of my own character (150 melee) with a good tool. It is rather ridiculous to have spent so much time for anything.

The Eagles improved to support the bases of attack, especially in the destruction of towers of sentry guns, formerly with about 50K of life today with 10K last only seconds in the attacks. My animal that took months to make, based on the intersection of 6 eagles lvl 120 in order to obtain the best combat stats, An eagle, the 5th generation, died through one of sentry guns towers (I did not know well location and It had not yet rendered) in just 30 seconds. If it was an eagle that took months to obtain. That was how I learned of this update, my eagle 344, with 45K of life and 250 speed, died because of a few sentry guns. Since his earlier work was to take a bazooka gunner to attack these towers, getting minutes putting up shots now die in seconds because of a few machine guns.

Now I wonder how someone will be able to attack someone's base? Our wall with double walls with filling of vaults wall and almost two hundred sentry guns was absolutely impossible for these new pets with their cuddly animals statistics.

Yes, I discouraged and think of stop playing. Like many of my tribe, today, at this very moment I write, my tribe that owned 16 members, with about 12 members online last week on average now only am I putting food feeders alone, with great difficulty obtain meat with my Rex cuddly. Now it only scratches mammoths.

Edited by SargentoTainha

Good job Devs. We needed to have the OP tamed animals nerfed, and thanks for re balancing the resource gather.

Ignore the idiots who just want an easy to play/win game of who can tame the biggest monster.

What you did was exactly right. However i'm sure over the next few weeks, there may be cause for you to re-balance again certain animals... As is your right.

Once again keep up the good work, the major of us are still behind you and what you do.

I have over 1700 hrs in this game, and look forward to at least 1700+ more.

Keep up the good work.

3 hours ago, Yargar said:

I think people who hate this update are a big fans of Ark and love this game like me. I played >330h in last 2-3 weeks after buying. Was great, but i think that nerfed to this rate is very big mistake. I often did mistakes when i lose dinos. Now im scary go outside base :/

Welcome to a game of survival... Its not supposed to be easy. These are Dinosaurs; like in game you should Poo yourself every time you leave the house.

Its called immersion.

I hate the:  - Tamed Dino Balance Adjustment

It's a horrible change, there should be a slider option for it instead, and as default should be left how it was originally...

However, lowering the Giga hp and damage by half was wise, as before it was too redicoulous, and why make tames gigas weaker? doesnt make sense as you dont do this with any other tames dinos...

That solution is only for no-life gamers. When you spend 1-2h to tame dino and next lose in in easy that is way to discouragement. Its only solution to you when you have time to spend 1700 hrs or more. Almost people have statisticly only 1-2h per day and a little more at weekend when they can develop bases or something that. Game is for pleasure, not to tedious and mandatory farming/taming/... leading to repetitive, boring tasks. I agree that balance should be done but i think about 10-15% on that stats, not 80%, because that is diametrical change of rules of game to which no one was prepared. In my server (Official 88) at this hour was alwayes 70/70, now is 42 max in this day. I'm dissapointed too.

Agreed, specially about the hours. But I felt sick to the stomach when i saw all my max lvl dino have stats of what would have been a lvl 15 or less... it should be left default and be an option in the server settings as a slider or editable config, so that people who want less OP dinos can change that. But ARK is about Dinos, and dinos are meant to be challenging and fearful... now they are just dissapointing. I've have stopped playing i left the server i was playing on because of that being one of the reasons.

I think the balancung of hp and damage and the rebalancing of gathering rate is just fine. And I cannot confirm that it is an 80% nerf. Our dilos had about 1500 health and 500% damage and now dropped to 500+ health and about 300% damage. The T-Rexes have a similar drop in percentage if  you calculate the values above the base stats. The impact on the damage is greater because after taming a high static percentage and a high multiplier was added. For the dilophos it was more than instant doubling damage after taming. Tamed on level one and put 5 levels in health one dilo could kill 2 level 5 wild dilos. Also taming a t-rex was instant doubling the damage. That was too overpowered. What is wrong with the fact that a tamed level 60 t-rex cannot survive the attack of 2 other level 60 t-rexes. Just because it is tamed it should not be almighty.

The tamed creatures have the one advantage that you can choose how to level up your creature. Wild creatures just invest about 25% of their levels in movement speed which has no effect. And about 40%-50% of its levels are invested in hp and damage in total. So if you tame a creature that has put already 5 levels in health an level it up. It still gets more health per level up than the wild. And the damage behavior is equivalent. Before the patch you had the control to level up efficiently and there was a much higher stats rising per level so that a few level ups were enough too outclass the wild creature with the same level. Why should a tamed creature gain twice as much damage per level than the wild form. Additionally it is not guaranteed that the wild dino could spend a level at all. With this nerf tamed low level dinos do not gain as much hp and damage as the wild form but this will offer the need to probably tame a high level dino to fight another high level dino and the wild dino still does not specialize in hp or damage so this thesis can also be proven wrong. 

And the creatures have their limits. Why should an argentavis cross breeded 5th generation survive 10 auto turrets? Its just unrealistic and godlike. It is a survival game and you have to use your brain too survive and take out the enemy. Not just going there and killing everything because the dino is an overpowered killing machine.

Good job wildcard. Now I have fun again going outside the base, because my dinos are just supporting me like it was right after taming. I have to overthink now which dino to attack and if my dino will survive the attack. Not like "Oh there is a level 60 spino. My level 60 trex will kill it without any problems to care about". The same with the brontos. A tamed T-Rex could take out a big herd of brontos without any problems. That was just boring.

Edited by Niki

- 50% less explosive damage to dinos, 20% less player melee damage

I am curious about this line.  Does the player melee damage have to do with the explosive damage or is it entirely separate?  Surely they didn't just reduce our character melee damage?  Does anyone know what that line means for sure?

You still need to improve the drop rates of meat when killing a creature. It is about 50% less now than before the patch. This is making the dinos harder to feed the large amount it actually takes. I have 9 carnivores as of now my usual "meat round" gives 350 meat instead of 800 like it used to give. So I now have to run it 2 times to get the same amount of meat as before. 1 round take 1 hour, so thats 2 hours now just to keep them fed once a day. Please fix this so I do have time to do more on weekdays than gathering meat.

Current Version: v231.1
- 50% less explosive damage to dinos, 20% less player melee damage
- Dinos harvest at 3x their previous damage-rate (i.e. similar to pre-tamed-dino-rebalance).

20% less player melee damage? Does that mean we get even worse harvest rates by hand than before? 

Edited by Sacred Demon
Typo

I understand that a lot of people are not happy with the recent rebalance, but you do understand the game is still in early access?  This of course means the game is not yet in its final version and many more changes are likely to come.  Voice your opinions of course, but all the doomsaying about quitting, destroying the game, etc, is anything but productive to the positive expansion of a, so far, extremely fun game.  Lets not lose hold of our rational minds folks.

SO many bad things I could say about this Patch.  I understand the need for balance but wow.  You completely alienated your entire player base.  Me and my friend have our own server that usually averages 8-15 players at peaks times and a minimum of 2 all night and morning......Since your update, no one is playing.  NO ONE. I mean it.  And I completely understand why.  Kill the hp, kill the melee, whatever, you went overboard but I understand.  What I don't understand is this.....My 228 Ptera went from 1200+ stamina down to 316.  316!  I can't fly 100 feet with it anymore before I have to land.  What point do Ptera's serve now?  Because riding them is no longer feasible.

Also, next time you want to release a patch SO game-changing, give your players a little more warning.  NO ONE was prepared for this and so many have lost dinos for no good reason.

I understand you don't want to go backwards, but something has to give.  This game is no longer fun for anyone I play/played with.  Of my many many friends on Steam who play this game on multiple servers, pretty much all of them are playing other games now.  NO ONE is playing your game.  So please fix it so we can have our favorite game back.  Doesn't need to be what it was, but it CAN'T be what it is.

Edited by smcgarvey
type-o's.

What he said ^

And i didnt see anything wrong with how the stats were for dinos... i say just simply add a slider that changes the stat setting for the server... then everyone can be happy. Yes the game is in early access but we will be playing it in early access for howver long it takes to complete. We are trying it in early access so that the devs know what is fun for player and what is not, we are now giving them feed back about what is yet their worst patch "and idea". So i hope they will see the importance...

It seems that the amount of players playing ark has also been nerfed, I went on my usual server today just to feed my dinos and there were around 10% of the amount of normal players on the server. I guess I'll just be logging on to feed my dinos with the meat I have already until it runs out. I think a big mistake has been made here. Tamed dinos were slightly OP but they certainly didn't need an 85% nerf. I think the devs have that the wrong way around, perhaps a 15% nerf was required. The game has lost it's sparkle for me as well now, I just don't have the urge to play it like this, it's just not as much fun any more.

The big problem is that not enough people are expressing their feelings about what has been done on this forum, only a handful of people are complaining about this latest patch but it's pretty clear that the vast majority of people are against it.

Edited by _The_Jackal_

Also.....just a thought I had that I should have added earlier.  I understand this is "Early-Access", but we still paid for this game.  Some of us still pay every month for our server for this game.  You could have wiped me and I would be happier than this, because I could have at least started over playing the game I love.  Now, I have no desire to play.  I literally do not find this game fun or appealing in any way in it's current form.  I started this game to tame and use awesome dinosaurs.  It's why I started, it's why I kept playing, it's why I still play today after close to 1000 hours.  But no more.  If my dinosaurs are no longer fun to ride and use, this game might as well be Rust or Day Z or any other bullpoop survival game.  DINOS ARE WHAT MAKES THIS GAMES SPECIAL!!!!  Don't take that away please.

Even though I will not be playing, I will be paying very close attention to your progress for the next week or 2.  If things don't change, I'm sorry but you have lost a loyal player.  I have 100s other other games I could devote my time to. 

FYI guys, as it was not yet updated in first post:

Numbers goes like this:

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0] = 0.15
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8] = 0.15

;Multiplier applied if perfect affinity
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0] = 0.375
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8] = 0.375

;Multiplier applied for each TAMED level-up point
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0] = 0.15
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8] = 0.15

if you want to reset all back to normal, it must be switched all to 1.0 instead of the mentioned 0 - so like this:

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0] = 1.0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8] = 1.0

;Multiplier applied if perfect affinity
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0] = 1.0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8] = 1.0

;Multiplier applied for each TAMED level-up point
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0] = 1.0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8] = 1.0