Jen

PC Patch Notes: Current (v253.995) & Upcoming (v254, ETA: January 30)

5,562 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheN00B said:

My servers will not update to .92 tried 5 times they will not update...

Same here. I note that all the official servers are still at .9, despite the upgrade announcement that was in the client yesterday.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, DrunkMunki said:

what app ID are you using for the server? 346110 or 376030?

376030 is the new dedicated server, which is what you should be using now.

When did this change occur?

346110 is the games ID, that's not the dedicated server package...

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

2 hours ago, Kantenar said:

did something get added that my dino is dying without being attached is fully fed?

Should state what dino it is, as a few dinos take different food, and those new foods fit in the feeding trough. (E.g. Chitin/Keratin)

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

When did this change occur?

346110 is the games ID, that's not the dedicated server package...

sorry to be dumb its real early here but what does any of this mean? do i need to change something to update my server now?

3 hours ago, TheN00B said:

sorry to be dumb its real early here but what does any of this mean? do i need to change something to update my server now?

You should always have had  376030 as the install for the dedicated server.

That 346110 is the ID of the game that you've got installed on your PC.

https://steamdb.info is a good resource to view things like this, but you should be fine... If you've been using the steam dedicated server install through steamcmd, it should have always been 376030. It hasn't changed.

On 1/2/2016 at 7:06 AM, Jen said:

New Item: Photographic Camera. Take photos and apply them onto in-game onto Painting Canvases!

So xbox is finally getting painting canvases ? Will we be able to do other things with the canvases or just apply from camera?

On 2.1.2016 at 1:06 PM, Jen said:

Current Version: v253.95
* Non-Quetz flyers can no longer carry characters that have C4 on them
* Spike Walls can no longer damage water creatures

taking the sandbox out of ark once again

v253.9
* Fixed Piranha overspawning issue on TheCenter, and added latest Dinos to TheCenter
* Fixed Pelagornis rotating poorly when on water surface

pelagornis fix didnt do anything to pelagornis at all

v253.8
* Ended Winter Wonderland Event (deprecated for backwards compatibility)
* Flye grabbed by megalo/kapro falling thru world on client fix
* Gate frame destruction fix
* Bed respawn thru walls fix
* Tamed flyers letting grabbed players/dinos stay below terrain fix (u now get uncarried)
* Fix for tamed cave-dinos not being targetable by wild dinos
* Mods now indicating loading progress when connecting.

gate frame destruction fix at least didnt fix frames on same fence foundations getting destryoed when destroying another one on the fence foundation line

* Veggie Cakes max Percentage Healing amount capped at 2100 HP

* Veggie Cakes now have 10% healing of Herbis between 500 and 2500 HP over a 30 second duration, with 50% spoiling lifetime, and no longer are effective on Titanosaurus. Requires Server Update.

* Veg cakes should no longer be auto-consumed for Food by any dino except Achatina
* Veg cakes WILL be auto-consumed by any Dino for Health if their HP is below 85% (yes, even Carnivores, though to minimal benefit on them :stuck_out_tongue: ). The Dino will consume one Veg cake every 10 seconds until it has above 85% Health again.

* Manually-used Veggie Cakes now heal 15% (over 10 seconds when manually fed) in addition to +500 HP (on Herbivores), have cooldown interval reduced to 10s, and take 4x as long to spoil 

fixes to a single item in 4 different patches ... how about putting some more effort into creature design beforehand and save some effort crazily patching things after ?

* Changed the following items to have only 1 stack, and retroactively applied this to help deal with an exploit:

thanks for screwing everyone over that plays fair ...

* Approximate 15% server performance increase due to massive replication & physx efficiency improvement

currently it feels more like server performance is at 15% of what it normally should be

and not included in any of the notes: various stealth nerfs to some dinos and their capability of looting especially since the introduction of perma x2 harvesting

and not included in any of the notes: various stealth nerfs to some dinos and their capability of looting especially since the introduction of perma x2 harvesting

Yep. They be very sneaky ninjas. Posting patch notes with missing info.

As our new God Emperor would say, "You are Fake News, you do not research your news or provide all of the info on the topic."

WC, do a better job. Don't lie and be fake. Own up to what you do. We will probably still play. We'll just hate you because we can't stop. Like an abusive relationship.

Just now, Cucharon said:

You can fly with a C4 jerboa (the rider). So this have been is useless.

well as much as i dislike developers holding back players in their creativity (nerfing the freedom of a sandbox game)

this just once again proves that the devs dont think about the actual game before throwing in a nerf