Jen

PC Patch Notes: Current (v253.98) & Upcoming (v254, ETA: January 20)

5481 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, themarshall said:

SO NOW ANOTHER TRIBE IS DROPPING WILD DINOS INTO MY BASE, HOW DOES A LVL 8 SABERTOOTH KILL A LVL181 CARNO. I AM DONE raptor THIS GAME

In our big base is often respawn a titanboa... I'm now really scared after read your post :/ A lot of hours spend on timing can be waste - thx dev's ¬¬

I wonder if it is harder to report to the community of players what a patch is about than deploying it? I mean i love the work they're doing which is a lot but they could communicate much much much better to prevent lots of comments from hater players and also make our minds more quiet. Sometimes it seems to me they push hard in one direction but not actually realising where they're going like this balanced thing someone reaaaaally messed up. 

Edited by vic

it's not that dino's were overpowered. because they were... certainly in pve. but this patch basicly makes a human stronger at most stuff then the dino's you tamed. and that's weird. luckely server admins are able to change this. I do expect a movement from official to unofficial where the admins have better tamed dino stats.

3 hours ago, that guy said:

after reading everyone here complaining about this patch, i dont know if they realize that this game is a Survival game?

I think the Tamed dino was WAAAAY too over powered to begin with - I hope these changes actually bring more of a challenge.

1. Yes survival game, when you build base and must maintaince base - now you havent chance when you play with 1 friend and have 1-2h in a day. When you have a few strongest dinos you have chance to development. Something is question to defend newbies and something else is ensure fun and desire to play older gamers/fans.

2. Its not challenge when you must spend 3-4-5h to get enough meat, beeries, tame new ptera when you lost it because get 1 hit from x-plant etc. The most important thing in playing games is fun, even when you play survival. Alwayes must check raides and other players, strongest dinos in own mistakes. This game go to building survival type not pure survival, when you get kill a lot of times.

well meat gathering rate is lower now, but there is a nice stealth nerf to the food consumption rates of raising dinos.  We are testing it more now, but our Adolescent Q's that had been eating every 10 seconds are now eating every 48 seconds.  If this holds true across the board, it is a much welcomed change for the breeding process.

CONGRATS!!! you have officially screwed up the game. guess its time to tell everyone not to get it and find something else to play as the DEV's can't raptoring test out the patches before they put them into production. Just like the giga, making it so powerful and they blaming it on it was a coding mistake..... yah sure.

OK I have tried every variation I could think of and all of the variations posted in this thread with no effect.  I repeat 0 change to the stats of tamed dinos using any variation of the commands (with/without f or ; or any change in teh presented values.

I have a Server through host havoc, I have never had any other issues with game.ini edits.

I am now trying a restore from a save prior to the patch using the following config for game.ini:

-------------------------------
[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Gigant_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="MegaRex_Character_BP_C")
MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.5
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=2
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=2
BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier=0.7
LayEggIntervalMultiplier=0.7
CropDecaySpeedMultiplier=0.5
CustomRecipeEffectivenessMultiplier=8.0
CustomRecipeSkillMultiplier=5.0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0]=0.00
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8]=0.00
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0]=0.00
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8]=0.00
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=0.00
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=0.00
--------------------------------

Will repost results once I test.

Just did my previous roll back to previous save no dice, no change stats are the same

just shut my server down, cleared the ini file, saved it.  re-added the following config data:

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Gigant_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="MegaRex_Character_BP_C")
MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.5
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=2
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=2
BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier=0.7
LayEggIntervalMultiplier=0.7
CropDecaySpeedMultiplier=0.5
CustomRecipeEffectivenessMultiplier=8.0
CustomRecipeSkillMultiplier=5.0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=0

restarted:  Still no change

Tried again this time removing everything from my game.ini file except the new changes.

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=0

result: no stat change

tried again with this file:

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[1]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[1]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[1]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[2]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[2]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[2]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[3]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[3]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[3]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[4]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[4]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[4]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[5]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[5]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[5]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[6]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[6]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[6]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[7]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[7]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[7]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[9]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[9]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[9]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[10]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[10]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[10]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[0]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[1]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[2]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[3]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[4]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[5]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[6]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[7]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[8]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[9]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[10]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[11]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[0]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[1]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[2]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[3]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[4]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[5]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[6]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[7]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[8]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[9]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[10]=0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[11]=0;

Result: No change

I just need the server commands to work right.  My server is losing players and regardless of how *I* feel about the changes my friends and players who help support the server trump my feelings.  The commands HAVE to work if you provide them.  If there is an issue preventing this on hosted services you need to tell us or the hosted services how to fix it.  I've big a huge booster of this game but this is killing me, I don't care if there is a global roll back so long as I am given control of my server back.

Thanks.

UPDATE:   Opened a ticket with Host Havoc, they have said that they have been workign on it too and a large number of their users are having the same issue but not all apparently.  So this is a bug in the most recent patch?

Edited by Agent_Of_Change

I put this in GAME.INI

I already had some some other changes in the game.ini so i left away the [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] because its already written at the top

If you do not have already modified the Game.ini just copy everthing inlucding the [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

Copy this:

;0: Health
;1: Stamina
;2: Torpidity
;3: Oxygen
;4: Food
;5: Water
;6: Temperature
;7: Weight
;8: MeleeDamageMultiplier
;9: SpeedMultiplier
;10: TemperatureFortitude

;Multiplier immediately added for tamed dino
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0] = 0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8] = 0;

;Multiplier applied if perfect affinity
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0] = 0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8] = 0;

;Multiplier applied for each TAMED level-up point
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0] = 0;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8] = 0;

Edited by Triva

9 hours ago, that guy said:

after reading everyone here complaining about this patch, i dont know if they realize that this game is a Survival game?

I think the Tamed dino was WAAAAY too over powered to begin with - I hope these changes actually bring more of a challenge.

Part of "survival" is also progression, you get to the point where chores that took hours now only take minutes. These changes revert that concept by making a further grindfest out of a game that already requires a significant time investment, especially for higher level items.

Melee and health went down by 80%! there are many on my server who may quit if it doesn't get fixed and soon. my wolf use to get about 25 chitin from one scorp, now it get about 8 or less. Some have said its supposed to get fixed tonight but we will see. it use to take three trips to clear blue ob with anky and quetz. tonight i cleard the center in one trip. only got enough metal to fill my quetz once instead of 2.5 to three times

And yes we all know its a survival game. and its been hard even with a big tribe. we have about 8 bases on our server with about two to four people at each base. my base only has two people and we try to do everything on our own without to much help from tribe. ive got about 720 hrs in game. it took me about 600 hrs  and my husband about 450 hrs to build our base. thats over 1000 hrs between the two of us. so yes its a survival game and it was already hard. now its impossible.

2 hours ago, BADWOLF said:

And yes we all know its a survival game. and its been hard even with a big tribe. we have about 8 bases on our server with about two to four people at each base. my base only has two people and we try to do everything on our own without to much help from tribe. ive got about 720 hrs in game. it took me about 600 hrs  and my husband about 450 hrs to build our base. thats over 1000 hrs between the two of us. so yes its a survival game and it was already hard. now its impossible.

Completly agree