This thread has been retired, new PC Patch thread here:
Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v254.94
Upcoming Version: v255, ETA: February 20
- New Dino: Electrophorus!
- New Dino: Microraptor!
- New Dino: Ammonite!
- New Dino: Thylacoleo!
- New Mechanic: Tek Underwater Bases
- New Structure: Tek Power Generator
- New Structure: Tek Shield Generator
- New Structure: Tek Tileset & Tek Doors
- Four additional head hairstyles and four additional facial hairstyles, unlockable by acquiring Explorer Notes
[MORE NOTES TO COME!]
A Little Further Out:
- New Structure: Dynamic-Length Bridges
- More Creatures, Gear, Armors, Weapons, & Structures!
- Underwater Dungeons, Tek Caves, "Ascension" Game Progression, "Boss Wars"
- Aquatic and Amphibious Mating/Lifecycles
- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf
- Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
Current Version: v254.944
* Fixed issue with Harvesting saying "X Item Removed." (Requires Server Update!)
* Added server "?ClampItemSpoilingTimes=true" which will clamp all spoiling times to the items' maximum spoiling times. Useful if any infinite-spoiling exploits were used on the server and you wish to clean them up. Could potentially cause issues with Mods that alter spoiling time, hence it is an option. v254.94
* Troodon now have 50% less night-time targeting distance to players on-foot, and 15% less run speed
* C4 attached to Dinos or Platform Saddles can no longer be remote detonates through world geometry
* Fixed harvesting resources not properly adding to completely-filled stacks v254.93
* ARK Valentine's Day Event until February 20:
*** Dinos will, 10% of the time, drop Box of Chocolates when they mate. Box of Chocolates can be used for a Full-Heal or to advance 50% of a Taming Dino's Bar
*** New Unlockable "Romantic" Facial & Head Hairstyles (via craftable Items), for Male & Female, New Unlockable "Heart" Emote
*** Servers can launch with "-vday" to get (extra): 2x Mateboost Range, 3x Mating Speed/Mating Recovery, 3x Baby/Egg Maturation Speed, 1/3rd Baby Food Consumption (all Officials servers are running with this)
* Reduced lag on Inventory Menus
* Hair now reacts to being underwater, phyiscs and materials
* Fixed various misaligned or missing water physics volumes on TheIsland
* Server custom "HarvestAmountMultiplier" now works as it used to, to bias towards yielding rarer items. This is more costly for server performance, so if you want a more "optimized" server with high HarvestAmountMultiplier (but less rare items), you can launch with ?UseOptimizedHarvestingHealth=true
* Fixed issue with getting items with servers using HarvestHealthAmount greater than 1. Requires server update! v254.9
* Fixed issue with client movement synchronization becoming inaccurate on servers that had long-running World Saves. Requires server update!
* Reduced client-side memory usage of 254 game assets.
* Added "Disable Menu Transitions" Option, for power-users to navigate through menus more quickly. v254.894
* Fixed another Timer bug (i.e. Kapro jump issue). Highly recommend server update to at least this version!
* Optimized generation of large quantities of harvestable items (major performance improvements to Unofficial servers with boosted rates) v254.894
* Fixed Tamed Dinos not pooping at correct rates. Requires server update!
* Further improved server performance by a significant margin (~10%) v254.89
* Fixed critical issue where some Dinos wouldn't Eat or Tame properly (timer issue fixed). Highly recommend that servers upgrade to this version! v254.87
* Fixed build issue that was deleting foreign Dinos from savegames. All servers must upgrade to 254.87! v254.86
* Fixed Wild Dino spawns getting crowded out by Tamed Dinos on servers
* Improved server performance approximately 20% by final timer optimization and Tamed Dino optimization
* Reduced Armor Rating Effectiveness on Golem, Bronto, Doed, Carbo, and Quetz by 50%
* Prevented using Whip to pickup items thru walls
* Note: For servers, v254.86 has an issue that will delete foreign Dinos from savegames. All servers must upgrade to v254.87 to avoid this issue! v254.86
* Fixed Wild Dino spawns getting crowded out by Tamed Dinos on servers
* Improved server performance approximately 20% by final timer optimization and Tamed Dino optimization
* Reduced Armor Rating Effectiveness on Bronto, Quetz, Doed, Carbo, and Quetz by 50%
* Prevented using Whip to pickup items thru walls v254.72
* Fixed getting stuck when exiting Ladders in Singleplayer/Non-Dedicated modes. v254.71
* Fixed Tek Rex Helmet interaction with Walls/Clipping.
* Fixed another issue with the optimized Timers. v254.7
* Fixed memory leak and performance overhead associated with low-level Timers. Recommend servers upgrade to this version!
* Element no longer spoils, and bosses drop approximately 33% more Element.
* Increased damage of Tek Projectiles and reduced Element cost.
* All Tek armor has had its durability pushed up from 120 to 300 (In line with a good piece of Journeyman Equipment. This was just an oversight on our part, they were always meant to be more durable!)
* Tek Pants ability no longer consumes element when coming into contact with/destroying the destructible foliage, and uses the original amount of element for running over time.
* Added a new Wild NPC Stasis Range scaling-for-player-count option to scale server performance for more players (requires inputting into INI, not commandline), example:
* End key now toggles Tribe far-distance Dino Nameplanets
* New Tek +200 insulation buff when wearing full set of Tek Armor containing Element
* Fixed Wild Basilosaurus taking damage in deepwater. Tamed Basilo still will, however now it only takes 1/10th the amount of damage-over-time.
* Significantly improved server performance via low-level optimization of Timer system, reduced server stalls approximately 15% perf gain.
* Hiding Engrams now automatically prevents them from appearing in Supply Crates even if they are not in the Exclude Items Indices list.
* Boss Musics now properly automatically takes the Music Volume setting into account.
* Added [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] PlayerBaseStatMultipliers[0-11] to multiply player BASE stats (you can use the PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player array to multiply player per-weight stats)
* Tek weapons now do substantially more damage vs everything except structures. (Rifle is +50% damage, Rex Saddle is +100% damage.)
* Tek armor offers slightly greater physical protection (+30 armor per piece.)
* Tek Rex shots take slightly less Element. (Down to 5 from 6)
* Burn rate of Element for Legs and Chest reduced by 50% (50% more time per piece of element.)
* Saved approximately 280 MB of GPU RAM due to distance field optimization, and increased distance field performance. v254.5
* Fixed certain server stalls during player joins
* Server options to disable Taming & Riding:
* You can now alter Boss Element on your server using the following INI values:
* Add Tek Replicator to obelisk inventories
* Unconscious dinos teleport out of Boss Arenas now, and changed to 60 seconds to remain in arena after killing boss
* Made sheep wool growth rate use the server's "HairGrowthSpeedMultiplier" value. Note that sheep wool growth rate is also sped up by levelling its "Food" stat.
* Tek projectiles no longer destroy corpses
* Coel, Salmon, Piranhas, Cnidaria, Euryps, and Trilobites can no longer receive buffs/debuffs
* Improved boss attack hit detection v254.41
* Added a warning label that hair is cut to zero when changing hairstyles, and clamped hair slider drag length. (We had meant to release v254.0 with this feedback but had accidentally disabled it!). Improved underlying systems for Mod-added hairstyles in preparation for ARK Dev Kit release.
* Fixed Mountable turrets erroneously playing a "whoosh" sound whenever spawned. v254.4
* Fixed an issue with Ballista Ammo
* Made Tamed Pegomastax targetable by wild creatures v254.3
* You can no longer stand on the flight ceiling (though jetpack flight z is still clamped)
* Singleplayer/non-dedicated bosses are reduced in damage and effective-HP by 67%
* You can no longer trim hair from dead bodies
* Fixed allosaurus alpha buff / pack not working
* Tekboots now consume element automatically for fall damage. note you do have to manaully load them for climbing grip, however.
* Veg cakes are now consumable by herbis again!!
* Fixed TheCenter destroying structures on floating island in pve (not retroactive)
* Fixed another case where Mods could crash (particularly Weapon Mods)
* All-Players floating names for admin spectator (when you fly up high) now are defaulted off (they cost server perf), and can be enabled by spectator admins with "cheat SetShowAllPlayers true" v254.21
* Fixed crash associated with facialhair styles. v254.2
* Fixed crashing upon loading or running various Mods. Recommend all servers update! v254.1
* Fixed BattlEye connection logic to avoid dropping players. Recommend BattlEye servers update! v254.0
* New Mechanic: Hairstyles & Facial Hair (with real-time growing), Hair Dye-ing, & Haircutting + Scissors.
* Tek Tier Phase 1: Tek Engram system, Element Resource system, Tek Replicator, Tek Rifle, Tek Helmet, Tek Visor, Tek Jetpack, Tek Boots, Tek Gloves, Tek Rex Saddle, Tek Transmitter, and more.
* New Dino: Ovis Aries!
* New Dino: Basilosaurus!
* New Dino: Baryonyx!
* New Dino: Purlovia!
* New Item: Lance (for jousting of course!), and you can now also use a Shield when Weapon-Riding (provided you are using an appropriate Weapon).
* Alliance-Chat channel! (open with 'Home' or cycle thru all chat modes with Tab)
* Admin Command Logs & Chat Logs file-output options
New Admin Cheats:
UnlockEngram(string ItemClassName) // (for Tekgram unlocks)
* Troodon Scout now has an option to look for Corpses & Caches
* Tamed Dinos now have an option to disable their resource-harvesting
* Holding Left or Right when dismounting a Dino will now dismount you in that direction
* Significantly increased Scorched Earth Loot Drop Quality
* Added 5 more Player and Dino levels
* Fixed Allosaurus spawning inside bases
* Fixed issue with being able to clip through World Geometry
* Fixed Supply Crates respawn logic (would previously have stopped some cave crate spawns)
* ~16 more Explorer Notes
* Soups/Beers can no longer be eaten by Dinos
* SteamOS version works properly again, and memory savings on Linux & Mac
* Audio system is now fully streamed. Hundreds of MB saved, slight potential perf loss. If you want to use the old system (memory-intensive), launch with -oldaudio
* Added "Hide/Show Helmet" Emote. You can use this to dynamically toggle showing your beautiful hair instead of actual helmet you're wearing! (You will still get the stat/functional benefits of the Helmet regardless, just hides the third person mesh!)
* Note: Artifacts have been deleted once, in order to ensure the new limits on carrying them take effect (only Players can carry them now).
* Fixed issue with Spoiling times. Recommend server upgrade. v253.992
* Primitive+ Major Update! (please make sure you have this latest version if you're running Primiive+)
* Fixed a Fuel-array crash that could affect Primitive+ v253.99
* Fixed issue with Pegomastax usage causing invisible Player connections / corrupting save data. Retroactive fix! v253.98
* Cannon, Machine Gun Turret, and Rocket Turret can no longer be used within Electrical Storms.
* Flyers carrying explosives can now fly, but they have speed significantly reduced (and can not barrel roll!)
* Explosive Damage now causes PvP respawn cooldown
* Scorched Earth Sandstorm now causes Dino AI ranges to be significantly reduced due to low visibility
* Fixed bug where Flyer-Carried C4's would disappear on Clients after a distance. v253.95
* Non-Quetz flyers can no longer carry characters that have C4 on them
* Spike Walls can no longer damage water creatures v253.93
* Fixed a client-side GPU memory leak.
* Upgraded BattlEye version, please update your servers! v253.92
* Servers can now allow from-the-air Supply Crates to appear on top of Structures, rather than being prevented by Structures. Launch with "?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=true" to enable this (enabled on Official Servers).
* Improved Server stasis/unstasis performance v253.9
* Fixed Piranha overspawning issue on TheCenter, and added latest Dinos to TheCenter
* Fixed Pelagornis rotating poorly when on water surface v253.87
* ARK Dev Kit hooks v253.86
* Fixed server crash when loading mods in previous build. v253.85
* Fixed server crash in previous build (253.8) v253.8
* Ended Winter Wonderland Event (deprecated for backwards compatibility)
* Flye grabbed by megalo/kapro falling thru world on client fix
* Gate frame destruction fix
* Bed respawn thru walls fix
* Tamed flyers letting grabbed players/dinos stay below terrain fix (u now get uncarried)
* Fix for tamed cave-dinos not being targetable by wild dinos
* Mods now indicating loading progress when connecting. v253.71
* Ladders on platform saddles now include Weight
* Fixed a platform Bed spawn exploit
* Fixed Megalosaurus spawns to occur in all appropriate TheIsland caves, and fixed them getting stuck within Cave 5
* Raptor Claus Gifts now contain party hats and birthday suits (for a day ) v253.6
* Unridden Tuso no longer moves when it has grabbed something (as intended), and fixed an issue that occasionally caused water-dinos to be erroneously killed when grabbed by Tuso. v253.51
* Therizinosaurus damage against non-harvestables reduced by 33% (kept the same against harvestables)
* Troodon spawn frequency in jungles reduced by 40%
* Troodon night-time sight range reduced by 25% v253.5
* Fixed Neuter flag saving on Uploaded Dinos
* Fixed calculation errors with Spoiling Time. Requires Server Update. v253.4
* Titanboas can be picked up by Dino carriers again (Argentavis etc). Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Pegomastax losing stolen loot when its body was consumed by a predator. Now it will drop a loot bag if it has any loot. Requires Server Update. v253.31
* Flyers on PvE can once again no longer carry wild dinos unless the "?AllowFlyerCarryPvE=true" option is enabled v253.3
* Fixed crash of Non-Dedicated Session Hosts
* Made Kapro & Megalo able to continue holding their Prey after dismounting, added "Drop Prey" option to Kapro
* Fixed Megalosaurus Kibble being preferred by Therizinosaurus
* Fixed some movement logic that accidentally got clobbered in the Kapro v253.2
* Fixed Megalo/Kapro/Tuso carrying of Dinos on PvE servers
* Fixed/improved Dinos getting stuck underground after being released by Tuso
* Fixed some erroneous collision on TheCenter v253.1
* All Winter Wonderland craftable cosmetics now properly appear in Cooking Pot. Requires Server Update.
* Pegomastax can no longer steal your Engrams. Requires Server Update.
* Reduced Taming times on Therizinosaurus and Tusoteuthis by 60%. Requires Server Update. v253.0 Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with Megalosaurus crashing on client, pure client-side fix.
- New Item: Photographic Camera. Take photos and apply them onto in-game onto Painting Canvases!
- New Dino: Cnidaria!
- New Dino: Troodon!
- New Dino: Tusoteuthis!
- New Dino: Pegomastax!
- New Dino: Therizinosaurus!
- 2 New Full-Scale Underwater Caves (progression-oriented with Artifacts!)
- Winter Wonderland 2 Event! Follow Raptor Claus around The Island, Scorched Earth, and The Center as he drops items, coal, and the occasional tough-as-nails creature to keep you warm at night! Lots of cosmetics and the DodoRex make an appearance, along with new items!
- Additional networking performance gains of approximately +15%
- BattlEye is now enabled by default for dedicated servers, use -NoBattlEye to run your server without it
- TamingSpeedMultiplier, HarvestAmountMultiplier, and XPMultiplier are now hardcoded with an extra 2x multiplier. If you wish to have your server use the same rates as before, please reduce your sever's custom values for those by 50%
* Changed AI Controllers to once again be destroyed on Stasis, too much memory overhead to keeping them around on large maps. For servers with a lot of RAM, they can now optionally gain performance by running with -StasisKeepControllers to keep the AI's in memory. v252.95
* Fixed PhysX crash when using wheeled-vehicle Mods. (ARK: Moon Survival etc) v252.9 Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed client-side crash associated with Brontos.
* Fixed bug with Dino Weights not being applied onto Platform Saddles after unstasising
* Attached C4 is now always targeted by Turrets where possible
* Fixed C4 on groundable Flyers taking effect when they're not over-water
* Platform Saddle Passengers sitting on Furniture now get the standard percentage of their Weight added to the Platform Saddle Dino
* Veggie Cakes max Percentage Healing amount capped at 2100 HP
* Bronto attack AoE reduced by 30% for Tamed/Ridden Brontos, Bronto incoming damage multiplier from Explosions changed to 100% (from 50%) and from Fire to 75% (from 40%)
* 20% per Tamed Ptero Level reduction in Speed (~15% average reduction in Ptero Speed to Tamed Pteros) v252.84
* Fixed issue where attached Transponders were grounding Flyers. v252.83
* Made turrets shoot C4's attached to enemy dinos.
* Made all Flyers except for Quetz and Wyvern become 'grounded' if you put a C4 on them. To disable this behavior, launch server with ?ForceFlyerExplosives=true v252.82
* Veggie Cakes now have 10% healing of Herbis between 500 and 2500 HP over a 30 second duration, with 50% spoiling lifetime, and no longer are effective on Titanosaurus. Requires Server Update.
* Likely fix for client-side Health Meter getting stuck at zero.
* Fix for issue of Dinos sometimes continuing to "walk forward" if you tapped 'W' when riding. v252.8
Requires Server Update.
* Veg cakes should no longer be auto-consumed for Food by any dino except Achatina
* Veg cakes WILL be auto-consumed by any Dino for Health if their HP is below 85% (yes, even Carnivores, though to minimal benefit on them :stuck_out_tongue: ). The Dino will consume one Veg cake every 10 seconds until it has above 85% Health again.
* Chitin / Keratin can be placed in Feeding Troughs
* Sauropod Tamed Health gain (leveled-up portion) reduced by 30%
* Doedicurus and Carbonemys no longer gain Herbivore-healing from Veg Cakes
* Veg Cake max healing amount limited to 3000 HP over 10 seconds (otherwise 15% of max HP), in addition to instant +500 (edited)
* Herbivore Explosion Damage multiplier changed to 40% rather than 55%
* You can no longer erroneously shimmy up sheer landscapes on dinos.
* Fixed a client-side chat crash. v252.7
* Manually-used Veggie Cakes now heal 15% (over 10 seconds when manually fed) in addition to +500 HP (on Herbivores), have cooldown interval reduced to 10s, and take 4x as long to spoil
* Herbivores now have 55% damage reduction from explosives and 62.5% damage reduction vs fire (due to their thick hides).
* Fixed some rare crash cases. v252.61
* Crash fix for servers when loading save games with certain Mods! v252.6
* Ended Turkey Trial Event! (deprecated items)
* Reintegrated PhysX 3.4 for larger performance gain. Fixed PhysX memory leak!
* Taking various Eggs now aggro the respective species
* Improvement to Dino movement physics accuracy when riding a Dino v252.5
* Changed Item stack size limits to Beer Barrel: 3, Catapult: 1, Wind Turbine 1 v252.4
* Dedicated Server: Temporarily rolled-back PhysX version to 3.3 in order to resolve Memory Leak. Recommend upgrading to this version until 252.5 is ready which will fix the leak Requires Server Update.
* When run with ?DestroyUnconnectedWaterPipes=true or official servers always, after two days real-time the pipes will auto-destroy if unconnected to any non-pipe (directly or indirectly) and no allied player is nearby. (edited)
(you don't have to test that :wink: )
* Spam-structure building is now rate-limited to help out slow servers.
* 80% improvement to foundation testing calculation to reduce server stalls when building on slow servers.
* Fixed a Moschops ambient harvesting crash
* New GM Commands:
TakeAllStructure: gives your tribe all the structures of the team you're currently looking at.
TakeAllDino: gives your tribe all the dinos of the team you're currently looking at.
GMBuff: gives you god, infinite stats, AI ignorance, and a bunch of experience.
GMSummon: summons a tamed dino that isn't cheat-tamed, so still requires a saddle.
* "OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0" can now be set in [ServerSettings] INI, not only via the launch commandline ("?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0") v252.22
* Fixed PhysX crash on TheCenter with large overlaps. Requires Server Update. v252.2
* Fixed issue with ragdolls falling thru the ground (new PhysX inverted ray trace direction on terrain heightfields :-P). Requires Server Update
* Fixed Megalosaurus losing its Tame Affinity whenever it wakes up due to Night-time. Requires Server Update
* Signed additional PhysX DLL's to help resolve some BattlEye connection issues, and removed some unnecessary PhysX DLL's. v252.1
* Raised proximity structure limit to 10,500 (the structure limit is actually working now with the new PhysX!). Renamed the server variable to "TheMaxStructuresInRange" so that all servers get a one-time reset to the new value: ?TheMaxStructuresInRange=10500 (or in the [ServerSettings] of GameUserSettings.ini). Requires Server Update
* You can now put Leech Blood in your quick item slots in order to feed it to the Moschops. Requires Server Update
* Reintegrated the Item Quantity limits for various structures that was lost in the merge from v251. Requires Server Update v252.0
* ARK: Turkey Trial 2! New challenge and cosmetics! Earnable Emotes! (this system also enables Mods to add more Emotes to the game!)
* New Dinos: Achatina, Megalosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, & Moschops!
* New Mechanic: Breeding Phase 3: Random Mutations and Family Trees. At last!!!!
* All-new Caves on The Island, redesigned with proper shipping-quality layouts and graphics & increased challenge (ALL Cave Structures will necessarily be wiped in this version). (Still to come beyond this are the Underwater Caves & Tek Cave.)
* 2 new mythos Explorer Notes for each character
* Approximate 15% server performance increase due to massive replication & physx efficiency improvement
* Whistle Ordering Groups! Create groups by class, or specific-dino! Awwww yeah! (also Whistles to group-set Follow Ranges)
* New Whistle Type: "Move To", point at an arbritrary location and tell your dinos to move there!
* VFX indicators for whistle commands: Move To, Attack, and Group-Selected Units. ARK RTS?
* Extra Option to "stream" in "Far" map sublevels, for large memory and performance gains (but reduced visual quality & draw distance).
* Tamed Giganotosaurus HP & Damage reduced by approximately 15%
* v251.4: Integrated newer, more efficient PhysX runtime that improves performance approximately 15% on complex saves/servers. Can be accessed on the 'experimental' Steam branch, if you'd like to try it out we recommend backing up your savedata just in case it causes any issues. Please give us any technical feedback if you find issues with the new PhysX here (v251.41 server update fixed issue with not getting Flyer-dismounted within caves):
* Unversioned Hotfix: Client-side changed Dino Tamed-On/Uploaded-From HUD info to only be visible on Unconscious Dinos, even if they're your own team. Also hid that info when "Hide Server Info" option is enabled.
* Fixed a CrossARK inventory transfer crash. Requires Server Update.
* Made Flyers dismount in Scorched Earth caves properly. Requires Server Update. v251.2
* Made Spoil Timers retain their realtime values thru CrossARK transfers. Requires Server Update. v251.1
* On CrossARK servers, your Dinos will now indicate the server they were Tamed on when you look at them (and you can see this on dead enemy dinos as well, along with the server they were previously Uploaded from, if any, useful for tracking points of origin.) Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a case of Dinos falling thru bases/floors on client
* Fixed server option ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts to work properly for inventories that have been loaded from saved game (so it works properly now Requires Server Update. v251.0
* Enabled full Cross-Ark Survivor/Item/Dino transfers between all Official Servers of a specific game mode (PvP, PvE, Primitive).
* Added new server commandline/ini option ?MinimumDinoReuploadInterval=1000 for number of seconds cooldown between allowed Dino re-uploads (defaults to 0, set to 43200 on Official Servers which is 12 hours). Remaining cooldown time is displayed on the Dino Upload UI.
* OfficialServer Transferred Dinos now display the name of the server they were transferred from when looking at them (only displays this info when dead if a non-Tribe Dino).
* Fixed issue with Wild Dinos spawning inside bases (may still be an 'edge case' if you have a very long fence with few nearby structures; requires at least 15 "core" structures within a 6000 unit radius to prevent spawn, or tamed dino within a 4000 unit radius, but otherwise will work properly now).
* Fixed an infinite loop lockup case. v250.2
* Fixed Wyverns / other creatures having infinite special-attack stamina when carrying a creature
* Changed the following items to have only 1 stack, and retroactively applied this to help deal with an exploit:
- Industrial Grinder
- Chemistry Bench
- Industrial Cooker
- Tree Platforms
- Industrial Grill
- Industrial Forge
- Ballista Turret
- Minigun turret
- Rocket turret
- Oil pump
- Air conditioner
And these are now limited to 5 in a stack:
- Huge Gates & Gate Frames (Wall and Ceiling)
* Fix for user/server INI values not being properly utilized v250.0
* Conclusion of Fear Evolved event: the Fear Evolved Structures will be removed, but any earned Cosmetic Items and ZombDodos/ZombWyverns remain!
* Fix of Procedurally Generated ARK crashes, massive reduction in generation and loading time, fix for PGM's on Linux Servers and Mac & Linux Clients. (Wipes saved v1 PGM's, now is v2)
* 1 new mythos Explorer Note for each character
* "Ignore All Whistles" option for Dinos
* Per-Alarm-Tripwire Option for Tripwires to not be set-off by Tribemates or Allied Tribes. (defaults to not be set off by Allies)
* Alpha Mosasaurs now drop quality fishing rods
* Preserving Bin now has 24 item slots
* Alpha Wyvern and Alpha Deathworm Trophy heads
* Platform Dinos now add 33% of the inventory weight from creatures/players standing on them (previously was 0%), and 85% of the creature/players inherent carry-weight.
* Imprinted baby walking now respects the server's "AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle" setting
* Underwater mines no longer target wild dinos
* You can now paint the bulbs of electric lamps which will colorize the lighting which comes from them
* Fixed issue where you could upload engram-crafted items to Cross-Server and they would disappear
* Fixed issue with Industrial Cooker not properly using up water container when crafting
* Fixed an issue with unstasising structuctures occasionally being invisible on client
* Sloped Roofs now properly used for indoors calculation
* Redid all 3D Dino Dossiers to look & be more accurate to original 2D concepts
* Fixed longstanding issue of movement getting stuck on trees in permanent Falling physics state
* Snap Point Cycling! Press 'Q' ('give default weapon' key) or 'Z' ('defecate' key) when placing to cycle thru all nearby Snap Points
* Fixed an Industrial Grinder exploit.
* Fixed Dino Witch Hat skin to be equipable again
* Various fixes to ZombieWyverns
* Fix to allow new Halloween items to be transferable in Obelisk terminal
* ARK: Fear Evolved 2 (event runs thru Nov 5)
** DodoWyvern & ZombieWyvern Army, DodoWyvern Mask Skin (Scorched Earth)
** DodoRex & ZombieDodo Army, DodoRex Mask Skin (The Island)
** New cosmetic items: Vampire Eyes, Werewolf Mask, and Clown Mask
** Placeable "Carveable" Jackolanterns, Gravestones, & Scarecrows
** Return of Fear Evolved 1 Bone Dino Costumes
** New Bone Dino Costumes (Giga, Quetzal, Wyvern, Jerboa)
** Witch Hat Skin for Survivors & Dinos is back!
* Implemented a fix for Spoiling times. Requires Server Update! Highly Recommend Servers Get this Update! v248.4 Unversioned Hotfix: Primitive+ now has fixed animations, and various updated content. Requires Server Update.
* Game support for custom Procedural ARK Generators (ala Mods)! Here's an example: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=785098977 v248.3 Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed overspawn of Dimetrodons in TheCenter Volcano area.
* Fixed collecting Explorer Notes while on Dinos (get a Dino XP Buff when you collect it on a Dino!!)
* Fixed crash case with clients on PGM. Still have issues on a Linux Server, expected solution this weekend. v248.2
* Fixed ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 (etc) on servers. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed permissions on Neutering.
* Fixed Diplocaulus unboarding movement in local play. v248.1
* Fixed issue with Dinos not eating or updating some parts of their AI! Requires Server Update! Highly Recommend Servers Get this Update!
* Fixed issue with TheCenter preventing player connections v248.0
* You can now wield your weapons when mount-riding certain Dinos. The ARK Box Art is for reals * New Feature: Procedurally Generated ARKs! EXPERIMENTAL INITIAL TEST! Details for Hosting Dedicated PGARK Here:
* New Mechanic: Explorer Notes
* New Dino: Kaprosuchus!
* New Dino: Diplocalus!
* New Dino: Chalicotherium!
* Render batching optimization for ~20% perf in structure-heavy areas
* Tree Platforms now have +70% HP and +50% resistance to explosive damage
* Neuter/Spay option for Tamed Dinos (irreversible!)
* Radial Wheel Menu text size now scales with number of entries (to avoid Diplodocus overload, etc)
* Spectators can now see player-talking moving lips & hear voice chat when in range
* Fixed player collisions onto big dino ragdolls
* Non-Drop-In Supply Crates (Cave/Underwater crates etc) no longer have decreasing Health over time (no longer autodestroy), but they can also not accept Inventory anymore and can not be used to generate Boss Tribute Portals.
* System to completely add/subtract/override all Map NPC Spawners via INI (highly useful for PGM spawn tweaking). Fully Mod NPC compatible as well! Details here: v247.9991
* Changed Structures collision channels to fix issues with crop plots, elevators, etc. Requires Server Update.
* Improved Quetz platform flight-blocking traces (less rubber-banding).
* Lightning Wyvern beam now damages Raptors and other small Dinos it was missing. v247.999
* Prevented spike walls on Dino Platforms (retroactive, unless ?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true)
* Prevented Quetz from moving when head/neck is blocked by platform structures
* Prevented floating platform structures (non-retroactive)
* AutoTurrets shouldn't ever shoot where it can't hit anymore
* Prevented building near supply drop points on PvE (unless ?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true)
* Overworld supply drops will now spawn near player structures in online PvP v247.99
* Improvement to Server PhysX performance! v247.97
* Further performance improvement to server-side timer logic. v247.96
* Fixed serious performance issue with dedicated servers. Highly Recommend that all server hosts upgrade as soon as possible! v247.95
* Significant server-side performance improvements of approximately 10% on average. Requires Server Update.
* Servers can now override their difficulty above 4.0, using "?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0" or whatever number they want. Be careful not to go too high! v247.93
* Made Dinos' current Following Target save.
* Fixed a case where Tamed Dinos could be erroneously destroyed on load/unstasis.
* Changed enemy-structure destruction log (for the victim tribe) to not display in Tribe Logs by default (instead, a generic structure destruction message is given). Use server setting "?TribeLogDestroyedEnemyStructures=true" to make it indicate the attacker tribe. v247.91
* Fixed issue where Water Pipes & Electric Cables would not update their state correctly. Requires Server Update. Highly recomend that all servers upgrade for this fix! v247.9
* Fixed critical performance problems with Water Pipes & Electric Cables! Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where stasised Wells wouldn't refill connected Taps. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where water containers in Taps connected to wells would cause the pipes to flicker filled/unfilled. Requires Server Update.
* Homing Rocket now has max targeting range of 6800 units, and can be distracted by nearby Flares. Requires Server Update.
* Plant Species Y now has 300% larger activation radius, kills victims faster, lasts longer, degrades & pierces their armor more, and can now only be damaged by flame or explosives Requires Server Update.
* Whip now has 40% chance to disarm, rather than 25%. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where Hotkey slots were getting shifted when transferring characters with items across ARK clusters. Requires Server Update. v247.85
* Fixed issue where player collision could get stuck on pipes/cables. Requires Server Update.
* Added "-ClusterDirOverride=C:/TestStorage/" launch parameter to servers (use whatever path you want). This allows you to use a common cross-server storage location that functions between multiple servers running on the same machine. (And you also still need to launch with "-ClusterId=SOMETHINGUNIQUE" in order to get your box's servers to allow cross-transfer.) v247.81
* Fixed overspawning and physics/collision volume issues on TheCenter. Requires Server Update. v247.8
* Fixed various misc level issues on TheCenter. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Pillars accidentally preventing resource spawns around them. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Giganotosaurus not being able to attack trees. Requires Server Update. v247.7
* Fixed Archaeopteryx latching onto ScorchedEarth Joshua Tree. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Mac text input crash. v247.6
* Fixed case where players could get themselves pushed through world geometry! Requires Server Update.
* Fixed case where Survivors/Items could be lost on travelling between ARK's v247.51
* Fixed Oculus Rift support for 1.0.0 Retail SDK! v247.5
* Fixed a server-side crash with downloading Survivors on Unofficial Servers.
* Fixed a crash with the List Sessions UI
* Improved appearance of Landscape in Ansel Super Resolution captures
* Fixed an input locking issue with IME using Chinese characters. v247.4
* Added Archaeopteryx and Tapejara to ScorchedEarth -- Archaeopteryx hangs around Joshua Trees, Tapejara can be found in mountainous areas. v247.3
* Fixed Archaeopteryx spawn frequency on TheIsland, now common in Redwoods. Requires server update.
* Fixed client crash-on-exit that occured with certain mods v247.21
* Fixed TheCenter spawning Archaeopteryx. Requires server update.
* Fixed crash that could occur when someone was a passenger on the Tapejara
* Fixed edge case of aiming weapons on the Tapejara.Requires server update. v247.2
* Fixed issue with Structures not colorizing.
* Fixed issue with platform Beds not allowing spawn. Requires server update.
* Fixed crash with equipping weapons onto Mantis in singleplayer
* Improved TheCenter performance/RAM issue (still a remaining problem with this).
* Fixed Primitive+ Crash. Requires server update. v247.1
* Fixed ability to use Torches/Spyglass/etc while Riding Dinos. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Allosaurus Kibble requirements (uses Savoroot Veggie, not Savoroot Seed). Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Allososaurus & Pelagornis Fertilized Eggs making respective Kibble. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed singleplayer crash reloading with Mantis Equipment
* Fixed Primitive+ character animations & updated Primitive+ content. We highly recommend that all Prim+ servers update to this new version! v247.0
* TheCenter mega-update!
* New Item: Night Vision Goggles!
* New Dino: Tapejara!
* New Dino: Archaeopteryx!
* Added Server Option to disable Dino Mate Boost (?PreventMateBoost=true)
* Wind Turbines and Jerboa now function properly on TheCenter and TheIsland
* PvE Greenhouse auto-demolish timers are now 25% more than Stone
* You can now name turrets and the turret name will show up in the Tribe Kill Log/HUD message.
* 30% to 40% rendering performance improvement of Structures
* ~300 MB memory reduction by dynamically streaming the destruction meshes
* NVIDIA Ansel now supports TrueSky at Super Resolutions, and improved Super Resolution SSAO
* Fixed the colorizable regions of the Wood Chair and Bench (4 of them)
* In-Menu Options to disable Bloom and Light Shafts, respectively
* Fixed Korean Langauge setting to use the Steam language value
* Fixed various collision glitch/exploit cases